• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Wii U |OT|: Mario and Link as well as Zombies and Hunters all in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
WiiU.svg

black1.jpg

Wii U Hardware:

Launched - November 18, 2012

Appearance - The new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.

black2.jpg

Size - Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.6 inches deep and 6.75 inches long.

Weight - Approximately 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg)

CPU - IBM Power®-based multi-core processor

GPU - AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Storage - Wii U uses an internal flash memory (8 GB with the Basic Set; 32 GB with the Deluxe Set) for data storage. It also supports external USB storage.

Wii U™ GamePad - The Wii U GamePad controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world.

black3.jpg

It also offers a new way for viewers to engage with their favorite entertainment. The GamePad incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button.

The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality.

It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).

Media - Wii U and Wii optical discs.

Networking - Wii U can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Video Output - Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI™, Wii Component Video, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

Audio Output - Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

Wii Compatibility - Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.

Energy Efficiency - Wii U utilizes specially designed power-saving features to lower its energy consumption.

Other Controllers - The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote™ Plus) controllers or Wii U™ Pro Controllers, and Wii™ accessories such as the Nunchuk™, Classic Controller™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Price - $299

img_features_01.png

title_miiverse.jpg

Connect online with the Wii U community using your Mii.

title_internetbrowser.jpg

Browse the Internet from the comfort of your couch.

title_chat.jpg

Enjoy video chat with friends and family from far away—right on your TV.

title_eshop.jpg

Your one-stop shop for downloadable games and entertainment.

title_tvii.jpg

Find, watch, and engage with TV shows, movies, and sports.

title_miimaker.jpg

Create Mii characters of you, your family and friends.

DIFFERENT WAYS TO PLAY!

playstyle0.jpg

playstyle2.jpg

playstyle1.jpg

playstyle3.jpg

playstyle4.jpg

playstyle6.jpg

BUNDLES

hw.png

What's in the Box?

Wii U Console with 32 GB Internal Storage
console.png

Wii U Game Pad
gamepad.png

Stylus
stylus.png

Sensor Bar
sensor-bar.png

Game Pad Stand
gamepad-stand.png

Game Pad Charging Craddle
gamepad-cradle.png

Wii U Console Stand
stand.png

Other Stuff
Power Brick
Game Pad Charging Cable
HDMI Cable

New Super Mario Bros and New Super Luigi U Game
boxart.png

hw.png

What's in the Box?

Wii U Console with 32 GB Internal Storage
console.png

Wii U Game Pad with Zelda-inspired gold accents
gamepad.png

Stylus
stylus.png

Sensor Bar
sensor-bar.png

Game Pad Stand
gamepad-stand.png

Game Pad Charging Craddle
gamepad-cradle.png

Wii U Console Stand
stand.png

Other Stuff
Power Brick
Game Pad Charging Cable
HDMI Cable

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Digital Download
logo-zeldaww.png

Hyrule Historia Digital Download
hyrule-historia.jpg

hw.jpg

What's in the Box?

Wii U Console with 8 GB Internal Storage
console.png

Wii U Game Pad
gamepad.png

Stylus
stylus.png

Sensor Bar
sensor-bar.png

Other Stuff
Power Brick
Game Pad Charging Cable
HDMI Cable

3 Skylanders Figures
figures.png

Portal of Power
portal.png

Poster, 3 Trading Cards & 3 Stickers with Secret Codes
extras.png

Skylanders Swap Force & Nintendo Land
boxart.png

playstyle5.jpg

EXTRA CONTROLLERS

NEOGAF OFFiCIAL THREAD OF Wii U Games for 2013 and 2014!

NEOGAF OFFICIAL Wii U BROWSER SCREENSHOT THREAD

Nintendo Official Wii U Website!

idc5yqUvct8Kv.gif

Mario-Bros-Wii-U-GIF.gif

tumblr_mtrcsekJRq1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

forum_footer_display.gif

BiY4Ze6.gif

tumblr_mtyr1tnmDr1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

zombieu_throat.gif

ibi3dld5HlybIj.gif

GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up.gif

Lkr

is tvii any good or is it a half assed attempt to compete with the xbone's multimedia features?

Vanillalite

just wondering why its getting an OT now?
(Did i miss something?)

We've had a ton of Wii U threads recently and people said it would be nice if we had another OT where we could consolidate all of the Wii U talk. So I took it on myself to throw one together real quick post watching the Sunday Night NFL game.

We've had a ton of Wii U threads recently and people said it would be nice if we had another OT where we could consolidate all of the Wii U talk. So I took it on myself to throw one together real quick post watching the Sunday Night NFL game.

Hate to see all the work put into this go to waste, but yeah I'm pretty sure that's not 100% allowed anymore.

Tizoc

Can't view images at work but I got a question:
Can the Wii U be controlled with the standard controller or must the Gamepad always be used?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
is tvii any good or is it a half assed attempt to compete with the xbone's multimedia features?
It is half assed but I don't think it's trying to compete with Xbox one. It was released far before that console was announced.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Nice! I'm really looking forward to Rayman in February! Ubisoft should sell buckets since there isn't much on the release schedule round then.

Oh cool, Wonderful 101 is my game of the year. And I just bought mighty switch force hyper drive edition, planning on doing all the hyper levels soon since I loved the game so much on 3ds.

blamite

Nice OP. I think the last one of these was locked quite a while ago, although I do think it's a good idea to have a thread like this for general console topics.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, does anyone have Orochi Warriors 3 for the Wii U?

I've got some spare Christmas money, and I'm in the mood for a "Musou" game, is the Wii U version satisfactory?

sphinx

the piano man
sad, cause it really looks like OP took his time putting all that stuff together. really nice OP

but if remember correctly, console OTs aren't allowed, :-/

Hey, does anyone have Orochi Warriors 3 for the Wii U?

I've got some spare Christmas money, and I'm in the mood for a "Musou" game, is the Wii U version satisfactory?
Its a solid port, it has some extra characters and modes plus gamepad only play, only downside is that there are less enemies onscreen as compared to the PS3 version.

Platy

Considering how much "hey just got a wii u" topics we are having now, an OT is not a bad idea ...

Also
Does my non-plus wiimotes works on WiiU games ?

vall03

Oh! Can't believe we have Wii U OT now, I thought megathreads are frowned upon here? Anyway, heres hoping 2014 will be better for the WiiU.

Also, I'd like to share this one weird thing that happen to my console a few days ago, I've been getting extreme Gamepad connection issues to the point that I can only play it if the Gamepad is placed in a proper position next to the console. Anywhere else, connection if cut off. It can't be above or in front, must be in the right side of the WiiU. Was really pissed about this since any only help was useless. Until I changed one thing in my set-up, I connected my adapter to a voltage transformer since outlets in my country are primarily 220V, and after doing that, all my connection problems went away, really have no idea what the fuck happened there and I was freaking out for half an hour thinking my Wii U was busted since I just bought it last month. Anyone else had this kind of problem before?

Why aren't console OT's allowed? Personally the Wii U Games 2013 thread is pretty much the same thing, but I LOVE the work that went into this! Well done! :D

EhoaVash

I really liked wii u's first year

next year looks like it's gonna be a repeat of 2008 with smash and kart but this time, nintendo has extra good stuff like bayo, X, etc backing up..hopefully their holiday 2014 game doesn't end up being Animal Crossing wii u like in 2008..man what a disappointment news that was that E3 :p

Kyzon

I can't wait for the definitive version of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
This franchise is coming back with a bang!

Lkr

Why aren't console OT's allowed? Personally the Wii U Games 2013 thread is pretty much the same thing, but I LOVE the work that went into this! Well done! :D

maybe they'll just move it to community. a bunch of people are getting wii u right now and some kind of general thread might be useful

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is this that new home console from nintendo?

Vanillalite

maybe they'll just move it to community. a bunch of people are getting wii u right now and some kind of general thread might be useful

That was my theory with this anyways.

If it gets locked oh well I tried.

I didn't put that much time into this. I just grabbed all the info and the pics from the
nintendo website. :p

Also I didn't post much about games as I figure I'd just leave that up to the other thread already created about Wii U Titles for 2013 and 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom