• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Wii U |OT|: Mario and Link as well as Zombies and Hunters all in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they'll just move it to community. a bunch of people are getting wii u right now and some kind of general thread might be useful
Yeah but the Wii U 2013 Games (soon to be 2014) thread was pretty much the catch all Wii U thread. OP seems like it had a bit of work put into it so I'd hate to see it just get locked.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
lets stop talking about if this thread should be locked or not and actually talk about the wiiU

it's been a pretty good year, I didn't play everything but enjoyed these titles..

NFS Most Wanted U
Luigi U
Wind Waker HD
ZombiU
NSMBU
SM3DW
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports Club
Lego City Undercover
Art Academy Sketchpad

had a dab at these eshop titles too

ducktales
little inferno
trine 2
toki tori 1 & 2
bit trip runner 2

enjoyed miiverse alot, it's been a slow drop feed in regards to VC but fingers crossed it gets ramped up a bit next year!

The web browser is the killer app.

amen to that, the browser is top notch! was good to see the YouTube app got updated also it's really good now.

Madao

i'm still undecided about getting a high-capacity battery for the gamepad.

on one hand, i hate how it gets out of charge so often, on the other hard, the AC adapter is right next to where i put it so i can just plug it in when it is dead.
on the other hand, i play with the Wii U Pro Controller over it whenever i can and that one lasts ages with one charge.

Rubixcuba

Banned
This is so random.

What's your agenda here OP?

Does one need an agenda to create an information thread on the Wii U when we have several thread weekly asking questions?

On topic, this is a beautiful thread for a beautiful console. Hopefully it is allowed to remain.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
i'm still undecided about getting a high-capacity battery for the gamepad.

on one hand, i hate how it gets out of charge so often, on the other hard, the AC adapter is right next to where i put it so i can just plug it in when it is dead.
on the other hand, i play with the Wii U Pro Controller over it whenever i can and that one lasts ages with one charge.

I'd get one if it wasn't so expensive for something that I don't need since I can just plug it in if need be.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice. I just don't really want to drop like $40 when you include shipping to get the larger battery.

This is so random.

What's your agenda here OP?

No one ever made a general wiiu ot. Several threads have been severely derailed into becoming general wiiu topics lately it makes more sense to have an actual wiiu thread than continue derailing more specific threads on a weekly basis. So its not some console wars turd if that's what "agenda" meant.

Vanillalite

I'm a new Wii U owner. Any recommendations in terms of software that needs to be on it? Free eshop gems or?

Not much in terms of free persay other than downloading the video stuff like the Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Video apps.

There are some demos of stuff though to check out if you like certain games. Games like Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, Nano Assault Neo ect... all have eShop demos. Remember that demos aren't always indicative of the actual games though.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I'm a new Wii U owner. Any recommendations in terms of software that needs to be on it? Free eshop gems or?

Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World and Zombi U are must own software titles. All really show off the abilities of the Gamepad and are individually fantastic games.

In terms of what is on the eShop, I'm pretty sure Tank Tank Tank went free to play and Nano Assault Neo is a mighty fine arcadey title.

Crayolan

Weird seeing an OT for a console that's been out for a year...but okay! At least it's a pretty good general area to talk about Wii U stuff.

Essentials:
Nintendo Land
Super Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends

As for e-shop I haven't really touched it much on my Wii U yet, but if you've never played Earthbound I highly recommend that.

BONDO

lets stop talking about if this thread should be locked or not and actually talk about the wiiU

Exactly, geez.
If we actually talk Wii...maybe it'll stay. lmao I think its good!

Anyways, i am looking to buy some older Wii games i ignored(i owned a Wii)
What are the best 1st party games on the Wii? Besides Zelda and Galaxy

I just got my Wii U on Christmas for myself, and I'm loving the crap out of The Wonderful 101! It takes a little bit to get used to, but once you do... ^-^

Vanillalite

Exactly, geez.
If we actually talk Wii...maybe it'll stay. lmao I think its good!

Anyways, i am looking to buy some older Wii games i ignored(i owned a Wii)
What are the best 1st party games on the Wii? Besides Zelda and Galaxy

Check out Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn if you can find them!

Also Mario Kart and Smash are solid, but I'd say get those other games 1st since we have Wii U versions of Kart and Smash coming soon.

yes it really is

It's surprising how much I've used that browser, I'm even using it right now.
The only Internet devices I have are my laptop, the Wii U, and the 3DS.

Man during the summer whenever I woke up, I would just grab the gamepad and check on Facebook or GAF when microwaving breakfast or something.

Zombi U is still the best showcase of gamepad mechanics, so I'd go with it as well. It's cheap, and it's awesome.

amen to that, the browser is top notch! was good to see the YouTube app got updated also it's really good now.

yes it really is

It's surprising how much I've used that browser, I'm even using it right now.

It's seriously amazing. Watching streams on the TV while browsing on the gamepad is just so nice.

BONDO

Check out Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn if you can find them!

Also Mario Kart and Smash are solid, but I'd say get those other games 1st since we have Wii U versions of Kart and Smash coming soon.

Thanks for the heads up!
I do have Smash plus Kong on the 3DS. Might have to track down Xeno + i have my eyeballs on Mario All Stars Collection.

Hey guys, if I have been using my WiiU for a long time now and I just decided to do the data transfer from my Wii console (haven't touched Wii mode at all), will I lose any data from my Wii U after finishing? Hope I was clear enough, haha.

Vanillalite

Thanks for the heads up!
I do have Smash plus Kong on the 3DS. Might have to track down Xeno + i have my eyeballs on Mario All Stars Collection.

Oh I forgot to also mention Kirby's Epic Yarn! That's a good one too that's not Mario or Zelda.

Hey guys, if I have been using my WiiU for a long time now and I just decided to do the data transfer from my Wii console (haven't touched Wii mode at all), will I lose any data from my Wii U after finishing? Hope I was clear enough, haha.
If I recall correctly, you don't lose any data on the Wii U.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ordered Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & I'll be buying Game & Wario soon enough. Only owned my Wii-U for about a month now but it's definitely been a worthy purchase.

How sturdy do you think the Wii-U pad is btw? I'm worried in case it breaks.

Man the gaf zombie U love is astonishing. Guess I gotta pick that up soon.
All I have right now is Mario 3d world, wonderful 101 and NES remix. All 3 are absolutely stellar. Wonderful 101 is especially a treat for me

Vanillalite

Ordered Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & I'll be buying Game & Wario soon enough. Only owned my Wii-U for about a month now but it's definitely been a worthy purchase.

How sturdy do you think the Wii-U pad is btw? I'm worried in case it breaks.

Pad seems fine to me. I mean obviously if you try and break it you might well break it. Plus if you dropped it or smashed it or spilled stuff on it.

No different than most any other electronic gadget in that regard though.

Pad seems fine to me. I mean obviously if you try and break it you might well break it. Plus if you dropped it or smashed it or spilled stuff on it.

No different than most any other electronic gadget in that regard though.

yet it still has a touch of that nintendo build that accounts for a few incidents with the kids, buy one of the silicon covers, get the nintendo one if you want it to charge in the cradle thing with it on though!

Radec

We've had a ton of Wii U threads recently and people said it would be nice if we had another OT where we could consolidate all of the Wii U talk. So I took it on myself to throw one together real quick post watching the Sunday Night NFL game.

Kagari said:
After much consideration, we have decided to close down megathreads about platforms (Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, etc), but leave open threads dedicated to services (Steam, eShop, XBLA, iOS App Store). We feel this will help improve the overall flow of news threads while still allowing a home for niche games that cannot sustain a thread to be discussed.

Feel free to continue discussions about a specific subject in a thread specific to that subject.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43344122&postcount=16774

Zalman

Here's what I would recommend to anyone from my collection:

Exclusives:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. U (+ New Super Luigi U)
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101

Multiplats (all of these have exclusive features on Wii U):
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Rayman Legends
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Status
Not open for further replies.