• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

trinest

Jetku said:
sft_rabbits_time_travel_main.jpg
Yes we already wet ourselfs with Rabbids in Time finally done right (though I would rather it more in vain to Go Home on the Wii in turns of gameplay).

1-D_FTW

Frencherman said:
Now I know why it's called Starfox64 3DS :/

The screens have always proved that. It's a port. I actually think it looks better than what's been done to Zelda (though I understand why more people jizz over that. OOT > Starfox).

Gravijah

i wonder if 3ds games will have 3d covers...

or like... augmented reality stuff so when you're in a store you can pop out your 3DS and see cool stuff

Josh7289

Launch lineup:

nintendogs + cats (3 versions)
Winning Eleven 3DSoccer
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Nintendogs was 4800 yen. The others seems to be somewhere in the 5xx0 range, up to about 6000 yen.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
Josh7289 said:
Nintendogs (3 versions)
Winning Eleven 3DSoccer (I think. I actually missed writing this one down)
Super Street Fighter IV
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants

I guess Nintendo is letting third-parties have a little room at launch.

WillyFive

The N64 remakes didn't make launch? Looks like they really were more than remakes. Or the reality of Nintendo being just one company is setting in. Or just intentionally trying to give room for third parties as said above....

Lkr

i don't know if im watching the same stream...are you guys watching a guy playing soccer but can't see the screen?

Jetku

Josh7289 said:
Nintendogs (3 versions)
Super Street Fighter IV
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants

Layton, Nintendogs, SSF4, and WE3d all at launch is quite the (quality) variety!

Anasui Kishibe said:
quick! how much is 4800 yen?

edit: is that the price?

Right now the Yen is especially strong so that's close to $60. The exchange rate doesn't directly translate though and more likely will be closer to 100 yen per dollar, but still.. 3D tax for sure.

Edit: Or not, according to the below post. Didn't know DS games were already around 4800 yen, that's a much more generous discrepancy than I thought.

geeko420 said:
These Japanese prices are not comparable to the prices were going to have, is it?
4800 yen is about the standard price for DS games. The prices seemed to range from 4800 to 6000.

Based on this, I would expect prices in the US to range from $30 to $45.

dvolovets

Josh7289 said:
Nintendogs (3 versions)
Super Street Fighter IV
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants
Nice to see both Layton and Street Fighter at launch, probably means we'll see 'em as part of the US/EU launch line-ups as well. :D

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Willy105 said:
The N64 remakes didn't make launch? Looks like they really were more than remakes. Or the reality of Nintendo being just one company is setting in.

They might be letting third parties shine. It really seems with 3DS Nintendo is improving relations with third parties.

seady

Josh7289 said:
Nintendogs (3 versions)
Super Street Fighter IV
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants

Nintendogs was 4800 yen. The others seems to be somewhere in the 5xx0 range, up to about 6000 yen.

Pretty good variety.
Simulation. Sports. Fighting. Brawler. Puzzle. Racing. Adventure.

Vinci

Danish
Willy105 said:
The N64 remakes didn't make launch? Looks like they really were more than remakes. Or the reality of Nintendo being just one company is setting in. Or just intentionally trying to give room for third parties as said above....

I'd say it's probably the latter. Nintendo doesn't want to strangle 3rd parties, or at least earn the reputation for doing it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fuck this shit. I'm out. I'd rather watch YouTube clips or a montage of actual interesting stuff later. This shit is too boring and uninteresting.

Josh7289 said:
Nintendogs (3 versions)
Super Street Fighter IV
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants

Small lineup, but a good one. Certainly a lot better than the DS's launch.

Nintendo also seem to be giving third parties some breathing room.

Top Bottom