• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs Official Hype and Appreciation Thread

Mupepe

Banned
Okay, I created this thread for the sole purpose of discussing Nintendog greatness. Please! No trolls. I know I can't be the only one here that imported it. This thread is also for questions concerning the game. I have two questions to get it started. Can your dog grow? and where exactly is the discount store? Is it the one with the bone for its symbol? Anyways, have fun and discuss!

I'm buying a DS and Nintendog for everyone I know.

EDIT: Checked out that drinkypuppy page... and OOF.

That guy looks terrible. Nintendo really oughta discriminate when it comes to who meets the PRESIDENT.

Jonnyram

Your dog cannot grow.
There are two discount stores, one in the top left and one in the bottom right. Yeah, they have the bone icon on them.

Mupepe

Banned
demi said:

The new additions do nothing for me personally, I don't care for those breeds of dog. Haha. I got the shiba and friends version. So so sweet. My dog is a mini pinscher named... Mupepe!

What breed is everyone looking forward to?

P.S. I love you demi.

Your dog cannot grow.
There are two discount stores, one in the top left and one in the bottom right. Yeah, they have the bone icon on them.

How often do the items change? Because I've had the same shitty items for a while, basically the ones you start out with... now with tissues? WTF?

Husky = must buy.

They are the court jester's of the dog kingdom.

husky_ava1.gif

Mupepe

Banned
:lol ^^ But where am I? that needs to be fixed... now

I just won my first disc throw competition. I'm proud of my damn dog now.

Jonnyram

Mupepe said:
How often do the items change? Because I've had the same shitty items for a while, basically the ones you start out with... now with tissues? WTF?
There's a hidden groove counter which goes up when you give out better presents to people and pet your dog nicely. The higher your groove, they more likely you are to get nice stuff in the discount shop, and nice presents on the sidewalk. It's also based on your trainer points too, I think.

sammy

Two nights ago I lost my fucking dog ...... In the city of CHI-motherfucking-CAGO!

She's a minature-pinchere runt, about 4.5 lbs --- with a bald-spot on her shoulder.

I spent that entire night driving and looking for her ... I spent the rest of that night making quick posters with her info (and a googled photo of a similar boy Pincher, that I photoshoped off the dong)....

Some guy found her at 1am, in Lincoln Park ---- His father was a veterinarian, and they drove her an hour outside of town to his clinic for shots, flea medication, heartworm-test, the works!
The next day they found my posters, gave me a call to come pick her up, and refused to accept the $300 reward.

I'm the luckyest fucking bastard in the world ---- and I got my retarded excuse for a dog back (she's actually really damn awesome)
I've got an appointment now to get microchip-tags put into both my dogs.

---------------------
Oh yea, I know of 6 people that have DS's now ever since I've told people about Nintendogs.
My gf is getting a copy --- and 3 people near my office are getting a copy.
I'm obviously getting whatever version has the damn miniature-pencher...

demi

Mupepe said:
:lol ^^ But where am I? that needs to be fixed... now.

You weren't around then, that's why. We are the original owners, the ones who lead the path to Nintendo's prosperous victory.

I still say I make a pretty gruff leader. I mean, look at it.

Mupepe

Banned
Well demi, can I join your leagues? I just want to be in on the next picture day.

Does anyone have better guides than what's at gamefaqs?? I googled and most just refer to those. But some of those are wrong and well... just shitty.

mCACGj

I personally can't wait, and my friend unexpectedly got a DS just for this game. I was shocked to hear that he even knew about Nintendogs. I can't wait!

Mupepe

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Demi we should have formed a cult instead thats where the money is...

Koolaid costs too much, the point is to spend less than you take in. That's a greedy pitcher of punch, let me tell you.

Wow, talk about a derailed thread.

demi said:
We should have GoogleAds, that's where the money is.
:lol my account need more clicks thats for sure

Mupepe read that thread very useful info in there about the game
many Japan-Gaffers posted and helped out

Mupepe

Banned
Nice, thanks smiles and cries. And congrats to Demi for holding the best version of the game!! Anyone have pics of their current puppy??? I'll post some of mine when I get home.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
metdroid said:
I want a cat game :/
Because that game would be fun. The cat would ignore you, go walk around the neighbourhood all day then come back when it's hungry. :D

Can someone explain what this game is about? You control a dog or something? Not to troll or anything but this just sounds really retarded and not at all interesting. Though I guess the same could be said of Tamagatchi and Pokemon and all sorts of other stuff that got popular too.

Mupepe

Banned
Synth_floyd said:
Can someone explain what this game is about? You control a dog or something? Not to troll or anything but this just sounds really retarded and not at all interesting. Though I guess the same could be said of Tamagatchi and Pokemon and all sorts of other stuff that got popular too.

It's basically you training a dog to compete in events. That's the whole goal of the game. But the cuteness will get to you ;) haha

polg

Fuzzy said:
Because that game would be fun. The cat would ignore you, go walk around the neighbourhood all day then come back when it's hungry. :D
Comes back, rubs its ass against your leg, destroys some wooden furniture and leaves again

F U N

Ruzbeh

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Precisely. Nintencats wouldn't work because you can't play with cats as much as you can with dogs. You can't do voice commands with cats. You can't walk cats. Etc. NO CAT GAME SO JUST BUY NINTENDOGS

stone128

Ruzbeh said:
Precisely. Nintencats wouldn't work because you can't play with cats as much as you can with dogs. You can't do voice commands with cats. You can't walk cats. Etc. NO CAT GAME SO JUST BUY NINTENDOGS

They would include one voice command: "Here kitty kitty kitty!" and it would work about 15-20 % of the time, depending on the mood of your cat ...

blahness

Ruzbeh said:

you could clean the cat box using the touch screen to scoop the poop

CoryCubed

This maybe posted elsewhere (old) but here in okc both the ebgames and babbages (gamestop) have Nintendogs and Meteos NDSs setup so I'm assuming probably the same nationwide.

Awesome! I posted it to Puppy Times...

...oh, and also...

God's Hand said:
That guy looks terrible. Nintendo really oughta discriminate when it comes to who meets the PRESIDENT.

Well, I know someone who's getting coal in his stocking this year.

CoryCubed said:
This maybe posted elsewhere (old) but here in okc both the ebgames and babbages (gamestop) have Nintendogs and Meteos NDSs setup so I'm assuming probably the same nationwide.

Really?

Replaced the PacPix/Polarium ones?

That seems kinda fast.. anyone seen these in there stores? Not in mine yet, but the Ninny rep hasnt come by.. we did get our new Gamecube Kiosk Demo unit with Incredible Hulk Ult Dest, Geist, Mario Baseball, DK2, and Zelda Trailers..

Mofo

Yep, it's a trail edition though, same build as the E3 version. But by mid-August all retailers should have this demo in place... the invasion begins.

mosaic

go eat paint
Nintendo is missing an opportunity by not releasing a Celeb Nintendogs with Scooby Doo, Scrappy Doo, Snoopy, Dino, Marmaduke, Odie, Clifford, Santa's Little Helper, Triumph, Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Benji, Cujo, and Foofur...

yea we got the stuff today.. ninny rep came in and put it all up.. plus FE:SS in the GBA :p

was a pretty cool game (nintendogs) demo couldnt do much though.. hope its big and expanisve.

European version has had its version announced with further English Pics.

Its coming on 07/10/2005. That’s the week after Advance Wars!!

R79wbUXoJoua1NK5swqxau17rqz1Nv1J.jpg

Sm3uGXis9vD_fRActdaP77Mn9U42mIlc.jpg

hsYWojeJqTh4zuNtwb4Y00HCbYCEcgF2.jpg

_mfhzngklUHskX3spGV_eEaCU7i_QCvB.jpg

BLzR_5q5w3Xrb08gdGH7q-UKNC-sYVWD.jpg

EFDOMxqhffMoD5P9PoyBAiN-4DwQ3X4F.jpg

Y7f4Sq2nEVbMlsW15L2wee2wxaCIFVPb.jpg

1eb-LF7BYVUHhRy4BkI_Q6KjslYyqJUw.jpg

D-rSlnkqo12z-t7tOGIGD11ZudfviJ4v.jpg

U8DceZ8lpTRNOKn-2rxqnCpcQTbG1ii5.jpg

Top Bottom