• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs Official Hype and Appreciation Thread

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
According to the CAG forums you can get Nintendogs for FREE at EB you trade in any (he insists it's ANY) 3 GBA games starting today, July 29th. I really doubt that this will be available in Canada. :(

I'm on the Nintendogs hype train! And like I said before, I'm getting the version with Whelsh Corgi's, and I'm naming my Ein, after the Corgi in Cowboy Bebop.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ToyMachine228 said:
I'm on the Nintendogs hype train! And like I said before, I'm getting the version with Whelsh Corgi's, and I'm naming my Ein, after the Corgi in Cowboy Bebop.
Wow, nobody else is doing that except EVERYBODY.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
koam said:
Which one is the best version? I want to pick one up.
Lab & Friends:
Labrador retriever
miniature schnauzer
toy poodle
Pembroke Welsh corgi
miniature pinscher
shiba inu

Chihuahua & Friends:
Chihuahua
German shepherd
boxer
cavalier King Charles spaniel
Yorkshire terrier
Shetland sheepdog

Dachshund & Friends:
miniature dachshund
golden retriever
beagle
pug
Siberian husky
shih tzu

I'm going for the Dachs. Beagle!

Meier

I'll definitely be getting a DS and Nintendogs one of these days.. maybe with my graduation money or something.

koam

Shig said:
Lab & Friends:
Labrador retriever
miniature schnauzer
toy poodle
Pembroke Welsh corgi
miniature pinscher
shiba inu

Chihuahua & Friends:
Chihuahua
German shepherd
boxer
Yorkshire terrier
Shetland sheepdog

Dachshund & Friends:
miniature dachshund
golden retriever
beagle
pug
Siberian husky
shih tzu

I'm going for the Dachs. Beagle!

cool thanks. I think i'll be getting Chihuahua

I am all over the Dachschund version, if just for the Beagle and the Husky.

I am a cat person all the way, but the cuteness of this is almost impossible to resist. I really really hope this game takes off big time.

koam

I don't see why people say cats would not be a good idea. I've had 4 cats at different times and they're wonderful. They're adorable and they love to play.

I've never owned a dog though that's why deciding which version I want is so tough.

Madame M

Banned
Anyone know how hard it is to unlock dogs in the other versions? Lab has the best boxart, but Dachs has the best starting dogs. I'd prefer to get better box art and unlock better dogs.

Mupepe

Banned
mdm said:
Anyone know how hard it is to unlock dogs in the other versions? Lab has the best boxart, but Dachs has the best starting dogs. I'd prefer to get better box art and unlock better dogs.
Not hard at all IMO. The competitions are easy as hell, so you can get a shitload of trainer points, it think that's what they're called, so easy. It's time consuming, because you can only do so many competitions a day, but it's easy in the sense that it's not actually a challenge.

NotMSRP

Getting Chiwawa version cause it's the best boxart second to Shiba; although Dachs has the best startup dogs.

I'm interested in knowing what dogs the Euro version will have. Any guesses on what breeds are popular in Europe but not in Japan or US?

Stryder

demi said:
Everyone should get the official demi endorsed version: Lab & Friends
Ha! That's the only copy I'm not getting :p

I've pre-ordered a copy of Dachsund and Chihuahua for both myself and my g/f. The Dachsund for her as she loves sausage dogs and Chihuahua for me just for something different, I would have adopted a Beagle first off personally but that would mean ordering two copies of the same package, I'll just have to wait until it's adoptable in my version. :)

Mofo

Just so you guys know, EB appears to be the only retailer doing the pre-order bonus with the game - a DS Nintendog "doggy bag".

EDIT: And have you seen the barking standees yet? OMG CUTEST THING EVER!

Vieo

I don't know, but for some reason every time I see the name "Nintendogs" mentioned, my mind conjures up the image of Snoop Dogg shouting "NIN-TEN-DAWWWWGS!!" while moonwalking.

keiichi

Chihuahua & Friends:
Chihuahua
German shepherd
boxer
Yorkshire terrier
Shetland sheepdog

Can you own more than one dog at the same time?

Mupepe

Banned
keiichi said:
Chihuahua & Friends:
Chihuahua
German shepherd
boxer
Yorkshire terrier
Shetland sheepdog

Can you own more than one dog at the same time?
Yup, you can have 3

Waychel

Banned
I have Chihuahua & Friends (my JP Nintendogs is a cute Chihuahua named Jaijai =D), so I will probably get Labrador & Friends when it comes out in English for the Corgi and Minpin. ^^

I hope that Nintendogs takes off here so that if Nintendo follows up with a version containing cats or other animals, some demand will exist for it to be brought to the US. I also can't wait to actually have people IRL to talk about this game with (and have our doggies meet).

Kon Tiki

Banned
God's Hand said:
I'm buying a DS and Nintendog for everyone I know.

EDIT: Checked out that drinkypuppy page... and OOF.

That guy looks terrible. Nintendo really oughta discriminate when it comes to who meets the PRESIDENT.

At least towel off the sweat.

TheDiave

Banned
So, has anyone preordered the game from EBGames.com? I'm curious... Is the little paw that appears attached to the lunch bag a pad for cleaning your DS screen?

Nintendogs Dachshund is actually sold out at amazon.com 12 days before release :lol

All three editions are in the top 100(actually 24, 31 and 60). Still anybody that thinks Nintendogs will bomb in the USA? :lol

Nester

I'm all set and prepaid for all 3 versions now. Used the EB deal with a bunch of cheap GBA games I found at a few mom and pop game stores around here. Ended up spending just under $50.00 for all 3 versions.

I'll probably keep Dach for myself, yank the Nintendo registration codes out of the other two and then give them away to my wifes cousin and someone else who can give a needy dog a home. :)

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Is it sad that because of this game I'm actually considering purchasing a DS? I'm not a big handheld guy, but I've been reading up on this game and it seriously looks really cool.

Should I hate myself?

Zeo

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Only at the start. All dogs can be obtained in each of the versions, this ain't Pokemon.

Actually, I think you can only get the others by interacting with that breed from another game, with another DS.

Not sure though.

Is there a site, by the way, with pictures of all the dogs in the game? All versions?

whytemyke said:
Is it sad that because of this game I'm actually considering purchasing a DS? I'm not a big handheld guy, but I've been reading up on this game and it seriously looks really cool.

Should I hate myself?

No, I feel the same way!

Zeo said:
Actually, I think you can only get the others by interacting with that breed from another game, with another DS.

Not sure though.

Is there a site, by the way, with pictures of all the dogs in the game? All versions?

You can unlock all of them without ever interacting with other versions. You have to get breeder/owner points. :)

StRaNgE

Banned
i was gunna buy my son a Boxer in real life but till we get a back yard i think this is gunna have to do.

so is it out in the U.S.

Ironclad

StRaNgE said:
i was gunna buy my son a Boxer in real life but till we get a back yard i think this is gunna have to do.

so is it out in the U.S.
Two weeks till it's out in the US. Aug 22nd.

demi

Since I already have Nintendogs thanks to Nintendo *whistle*

I think I'll just buy myself Advance Wars DS.

koam

FallenOne666 said:
You can unlock all of them without ever interacting with other versions. You have to get breeder/owner points. :)

Are you serious? Wow, then what's the point of having all three versions? I'll definetely pick this up if it's true.

Is the EB deal going on? The last time I was there the guy told me I had to trade in a GBA and FOUR GAMES to get Nintendogs for free. If that's the case, I'd rather pay $30.

Ironclad

ToyMachine228 said:
Is the EB deal going on? The last time I was there the guy told me I had to trade in a GBA and FOUR GAMES to get Nintendogs for free. If that's the case, I'd rather pay $30.
Yeah, it's trade in 4 games and get Nintendogs without a coupon. With a coupon, it's only 3 games. I'm not sure how to obtain this coupon but I will tell you that I used the deal to get one of every version and it didn't cost me more than 30 total. They will take mostly any GBA game you can throw at them. You only need the cartridge. Some of the games I were I trading were only worth $0.75 trade-in credit. Look at your local Gamestop and EB. They usually have extremely cheap GBA games.

Top Bottom