• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 2015 Fiscal Year Earnings Release/News Conference

Pokemaniac

What I've learned from studying Nintendo's marketing strategy is that it's super unpredictable. I can't get a good grasp on anything. They're always going against the grain.

That being said, all of the NX in 2016 was all fan speculation. We made ourselves hyped. Nintendo only said that we'd get more info this year. This company is fucking crazy, and that's part of the reason I think they're awesome.

As a fan, I'm always anxious to get info assp. As a marketing guy, I understand that they're trying to control every aspect of its announcement. They want it to be perfect.

NX in 2016 wasn't just fan speculation. It was backed up by Trev's leak, which contained a bunch of legit info.

Dmax3901

What an atrocious company, they somehow managed to shit on the backs of Wii U owners once again. Holding onto Zelda until 2017 seems almost fraudulent, if the NX wasn't in the picture it would have been available long ago.

Alright maybe calm down a bit hey.

What an atrocious company, they somehow managed to shit on the backs of Wii U owners once again. Holding onto Zelda until 2017 seems almost fraudulent, if the NX wasn't in the picture it would have been available long ago.

If you buy a console for a game that doesn't have a confirmed release date then you are a fool.

Plum

I'm beginning to think that the NX is not real, but is at the same time.

It's the Nintendo magic that's in our hearts when we play their games. The "Force" that binds all their franchises.

The NX is Wii, the NX is U.

Overnight post from NoA coinciding with an earnings report that only the die-hards follow: a strong indication of bracing for damage control. They expected this would get out of hand if they didn't get an official word to the public out in front.

No Zelda this year is a big disappointment to everything but my budget, but it's encouraging for my expectations of the game, and for once in my life I'm considering not even following E3 so I can enter the experience cold. But who am I kidding?

I'm ok with AC but Fire Emblem?

Out off all your IPs you chose.. Fire emblem.

And the NX- Wii U comment.

I can't..
Fire Emblem is an absolute perfect fit for one of those gacha games that are all the rage in japan now, not to mention that Fire Emblem is literally a Top 5 Nintendo IP now.

Pokemaniac

It's important to remember that they always say that. The DS wasn't supposed to replace the GBA either. They need to continue to move hardware, and we'd be less likely to buy something knowing a better thing is right around the corner.

DS was a weird point where they weren't sure if it would take off and took special precautions to make sure it didn't sink their handheld brand. I'm not sure I'd call that normal.

Malus

This is like a nightmare scenario. Even being pessimistic, I couldn't have anticipated this.

The only good news is that it's not launching in holiday 2017.

But seriously...

-No NX this holiday
-No Zelda this holiday
-No NX (and by extention that must mean the unannounced NX games) this E3

I pretty much have nothing to be excited about in games this year.

DS was a weird point where they weren't sure if it would take off and took special precautions to make sure it didn't sink their handheld brand. I'm not sure I'd call that normal.

This is also a really special case. GBA was only 3 years old, Wii U will be 4. I think they don't like to instantly proclaim dead systems that are so young

ASIS

Maybe the bad news is today, and tomorrow we're getting the good news
It's pretty clear most of their resources are on the NX. And what they have wont be enough for both E3 and tomorrow's briefing.

In other words, they got nothing.

Top Bottom