• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh New Screenshots Master Trainers

Which animations are recycled?

Yknow, i thought stuff looked similar. Like, some lunar and dual katana attacks appeared the same.

So i went and looked at some NG and NG2 vids to refresh my memory.

...ryu aint god damn human. way he handles the weps is completely different.

Oddly, the kusari-gama shoryuken is pretty much an exact copy from the one present in NG.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seems obvious tha they carried over plenty of things from Ninja Gaiden, the way you attack, the focus on one weapon at a time, the weapon wheel itself, the default control scheme, the projectile aiming...ect

It all feels like 100% ninja gaiden to me

Baalzebup

Hmm, I've never seen this particular trailer before (sorry, Japanese with no subs). Even mentions Sekigahara, though that was kind of expected and obvious to be included in the games events. Funny how it throws a shade at Ieyasu being a somewhat suspect individual, comparing him to a Tanuki.

And here is the first part , the one above is the second part.

I played a shit ton of NG/NGB back in the day but, unlike a lot of people here, I'm not seeing much of it in Ni-Oh. I feel stupid. Can someone point out the points for comparison?

Personally, I've dropped Ninja Gaiden when describing it simply because I think the combat system is *somewhere* in the middle of Souls and NG but not exactly either so I have a tough time comparing it more adequately.

It's a quite unique feel and system and how you view it also heavily depends on how you're playing the game I think. In short, I think it borrows heavily from both with plenty of its own flavor for a great outcome.

I know you were probably looking for something more specific but it's probably been 8 years or something since I've played NG/NGB, so I don't want to toss out details that may be bullshit on my end. On a side note, it's definitely a HEFTY amount deeper than Souls combat if you want to go that route.

Top Bottom