• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credits are rolling... what a bad way to end the game. The whole Region 6 was lackluster for me and I understand that there's more after credits, right? Makes sense after what happens at the end... just lame.

I'm incredible tired of this game, that probably played against the entire region 6, I even skipped every side mission on that place and just pushed through to the end.

Game in general is pretty good but it's eternal, good thing that it becomes way easy towards the end, frustration would be very bad for it.

It's an 8/10 to me.

Haunted

1.05 finally makes the storehouse useful, so many sacred waters and -damas left behind ;_;7

Also yes, ever revenant seems to wear fucking Red Demon Armour. I get a full set of Red Demon Armour for any other piece of any other set, it feels like. Super weird, it's not even that great.

RedFury

So uh how do I get a trait I want from a purple to a green?
Edit: is it just level dependent? Weapon being used as material higher than base? Or class based?

N° 2048

1.05 finally makes the storehouse useful, so many sacred waters and -damas left behind ;_;7

Also yes, ever revenant seems to wear fucking Red Demon Armour. I get a full set of Red Demon Armour for any other piece of any other set, it feels like. Super weird, it's not even that great.

It's amazing, Rank A agility + buff to Spearfall + you have fire element on spear so pair that with another elemental weapon and you're discording everything.

Haunted

It's amazing, Rank A agility + buff to Spearfall + you have fire element on spear so pair that with another elemental weapon and you're discording everything.
eeh, it's not good enough to warrant 8/10 revenants wearing it, imo.

Wonder if it's a bit of a self-fulfilling cycle. Every revenant wears it, so people can easily get a full set in comparison to other armour -> more people wear it while dying -> more revenants wear it.

Izuna

Banned
Credits are rolling... what a bad way to end the game. The whole Region 6 was lackluster for me and I understand that there's more after credits, right? Makes sense after what happens at the end... just lame.

I'm incredible tired of this game, that probably played against the entire region 6, I even skipped every side mission on that place and just pushed through to the end.

Game in general is pretty good but it's eternal, good thing that it becomes way easy towards the end, frustration would be very bad for it.

It's an 8/10 to me.

click the boat

I thought the real ending was dope

Naite

Wonder if it's a bit of a self-fulfilling cycle. Every revenant wears it, so people can easily get a full set in comparison to other armour -> more people wear it while dying -> more revenants wear it.

For me I stuck with it early before I saw everyone else with it because I like how the set and the spear look. Having a low weight when I dodge everything helps too. For variety's sake I'm now rocking the Japan's Finest set which is heavy as hell, but I have evasion ki usage in all my gear so I can roll without using any ki. Sucks having low agility but the high toughness is nice.

myco666

Happened to me lol. Fought so many revenants that I eventually got a set that was better than what I was running with. How do you even get good armor sets in this game? Forge them and hope it turns out good?

Players who wear red demon armor tend to be scrubby and die a lot. Thus a lot of revenants have it.

eyyyyy lol

❄ ice cold ❄

Can confirm.

If you jerks can find me a higher damage mixed armor set for dual katana and spear (one in each weapon slot) than:

Red Demon Head/Body/Legs/Spear
Master Swordsman Arms/Feet/Dual Kats

I'm all ears.

I'll wait.

Can someone explain the soul match to me like im 2 please? I've tried to google it and it still doesn't make any sense to me. I'm doing perfectly fine with what the game gives me but everything I read says that this is an important feature. It seems like everything I try to match is the same statwise as the high level thing I'm matching with.

From what I gather the point is to use higher level common items and match them with lower level rare. The issue I'm having is that the common items are rarely if ever higher than the rare items (so far anyway) and the game gives enough loot that there is always a better rare item anyway.

Can someone explain the soul match to me like im 2 please? I've tried to google it and it still doesn't make any sense to me. I'm doing perfectly fine with what the game gives me but everything I read says that this is an important feature. It seems like everything I try to match is the same statwise as the high level thing I'm matching with.

First Slot: Level 15

Second Slot: Level 20

First slot becomes 20.

But it loses your familiarity, which is probably why you're seeing it's "the same".

Like if you soul match something with 200 attack AT MAX FAMILIARITY to something higher level and it still says "200 attack", keep in mind that's at ZERO FAMILIARITY and it'll get higher than 200 when you've maxed familiarity.

It's an 8/10 to me.

I'm in region 6 rn atm(S
awayama)
and I agree with that score. Game feels really padded out. Like how many times do we need to fight Onryoki smh...

The reuse of bosses in side missions is annoying since it's never done in an interesting way.(i.e. Jeanne in Bayonetta, Vergil in DMC3)

First slot becomes 20.

But it loses your familiarity, which is probably why you're seeing it's "the same".

Like if you soul match something with 200 attack AT MAX FAMILIARITY to something higher level and it still says "200 attsack", keep in mind that's at ZERO FAMILIARITY and it'll get higher than 200 when you've maxed familiarity.
Ahh. Now that makes sense. Thanks.

RedFury

First slot becomes 20.

Like if you soul match something with 200 attack AT MAX FAMILIARITY to something higher level and it still says "200 attack", keep in mind that's at ZERO FAMILIARITY and it'll get higher than 200 when you've maxed familiarity.
I have another question. If I have a purple with close combat I want to transfer to my lvl 150 green how do I go about doing that?

click the boat

I thought the real ending was dope

Of course, now I finished that too.

Just a couple of side missions left (I'm aware of what they are) but I'll let it rest for today. Probably deal with it tomorrow.

I'm in region 6 rn atm(S
awayama)
and I agree with that score. Game feels really padded out. Like how many times do we need to fight Onryoki smh...

The reuse of bosses in side missions is annoying since it's never done in an interesting way.(i.e. Jeanne in Bayonetta, Vergil in DMC3)

I think that the main problem with repetition on enemies is that there's a moment in which you learn to deal with them almost flawlessly and after a while it turns into an uninteresting challenge. The combat carries the game but enemies don't surprise or inspire you in any way since you've been fighting them for a long long time.
The good side of this is that difficult goes down too so you can pretty much walk your way to the end instead of being frustrated with things.

I have another question. If I have a purple with close combat I want to transfer to my lvl 150 green how do I go about doing that?

Well, this might be a stupid question, but is it transferable? Does it have the mark next to Close Combat Damage that looks like []->[]?

If no, then you need to find a weapon that does have it as transferable.

If yes, then you need to max familiarity with the purple weapon, then Soul Match.

Also, if your green already has 7 attributes, and none are transferable (no []->[] marks) then nothing can be transferred to it. If it DOES have a transferable, then the Close Combat would overwrite it.

If it only has 6 traits and none are transferable, then you can fill the 7th slot with the Close Combat.

RedFury

Well, this might be a stupid question, but is it transferable? Does it have the mark next to Close Combat Damage that looks like []->[]?

If no, then you need to find a weapon that does have it as transferable.

If yes, then you need to max familiarity with the purple weapon, then Soul Match.

Also, if your green already has 7 attributes, and none are transferable (no []->[] marks) then nothing can be transferred to it. If it DOES have a transferable, then the Close Combat would overwrite it.

If it only has 6 traits and none are transferable, then you can fill the 7th slot with the Close Combat.
So I simply have to get my purple item to 150 then to pass the trait if it meets all requirments?

Thanx. Will put on more wind resist. Killed 3 bosses in a afternoon so maybe it was time for a break.

A cool strategy I like to use is carnage talismans in conjunction with your living weapon. You double up on damage output, and yes have lowered defense, but your living weapon should protect from death.

Also, as you know - there are things like Quick Switch Ninjitsu which is super valuable, not to mention the notorious sloth spell.

Izuna

Banned
So I simply have to get my purple item to 150 then to pass the trait if it meets all requirments?

No, you can transfer from any level of the item. Max out the familiarity and you can send over [] -> [] skills, so long as you don't have a skill LIKE it on the other weapon (if you have a [] -> [] on the receiver, then it will replace that).

If you get a clash, then reforge the offending skill until it's something like ki reduction or break etc. then you can move it over.

RedFury

No, you can transfer from any level of the item. Max out the familiarity and you can send over [] -> [] skills, so long as you don't have a skill LIKE it on the other weapon (if you have a [] -> [] on the receiver, then it will replace that).

If you get a clash, then reforge the offending skill until it's something like ki reduction or break etc. then you can move it over.
Thank you it finally worked, don't really know what changed from last try to this one.

So I've realized I've been ignoring a lot of the parry mechanics in this game. And I think I'm going to pick up the dual swords and just get good at parrying things.

It's a damn shame you can't parry those giant yokai, (or can you?) but nonetheless, I'll pick it up.

So I've realized I've been ignoring a lot of the parry mechanics in this game. And I think I'm going to pick up the dual swords and just get good at parrying things.

It's a damn shame you can't parry those giant yokai, (or can you?) but nonetheless, I'll pick it up.
Is there a party/riposte mechanic like DS? I've unlocked parry for my swords but I don't use it.

So parries that go into special animations won't work on big youkai. But, since you said you're picking up dual kats, Demon Thrust functions as a "parry" in that if you time your L1+square, it will block a big youkai's attack and counterattack with a thrust.

So parries that go into special animations won't work on big youkai. But, since you said you're picking up dual kats, Demon Thrust functions as a "parry" in that if you time your L1+square, it will block a big youkai's attack and counterattack with a thrust.

Yeah but it's not as cool looking though...

What makes Nioh such a boss tier game is that it's well designed in all the ways Bloodborne is but it's also stylish as fuck, especially when you get good at it.

Nothing elaborate, but I really like how the spear flows in Nioh:

vqarvz.gif

Only briefly dabbled with it, but it's commendable that it can be wielded aggressively instead of relegated to being a poking tool like how so many games treat it.

knitoe

How do you activate the Ninjitsu thing that lets you avoid death? Do you have to activate it before you die?

Once you activate it, you will get a icon buff that slowly expires. If it does, you will need to reapply. It also disappears after it is used to save your life.

crimilde

Banned
Just beat Y
amata-no-Orochi
, now I can finally go to sleep! I can't stand the idea of not finishing a boss fight, I get restless haha.

Tomorrow's time for the
post credits
stuff. Can't wait.

End spoiler -
Yay, Nekomata!!!!

Number45

The second Yokai boss (Shadows of the Deep mission): is there a way to telegraph her whirlwind attack? The others I have down but I keep getting caught out by that one.

EDIT: Never mind. ^_^

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing elaborate, but I really like how the spear flows in Nioh:

vqarvz.gif

Only briefly dabbled with it, but it's commendable that it can be wielded aggressively instead of relegated to being a poking tool like how so many games treat it.

Yeah it's pretty amazing how weaving between mid and low spear stance can turn you super aggressive especially for big 0 ki punishes.
Love the high switch in the give based on the range spacing.
Also flying monkey is a super fun move to use. Love the white movement effect.

Fandangox

guys help...... i cant beat the 1st ship boss since day 1 of the game :( im a dual sword guy. tips?

For the first phase try to use a high stance spear to break its horns, that will give you a couple of free hits. Aside from that, just try to get behind it, or to its sides, get a few quick hits after doging, and back away because it will always do a sweep with its chain-balls.

After you do enough damage you will break the chains, making the fight a bit easier since it loses range, but beware for the attack where it tries to throw the ball at you, does a lot of damage and its a bit tricky to dodge. Try to clear the Yokai realms as soon as possible so it doesn't recover stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom