• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Cool pictures UnluckyKate. After I'm done with the game I'm definitely gonna watch some samurai movies.

I'm in the process of 'grinding' for the 60 shop requests and actually took a stab at NG+. I love how some of the mechanics that have been there all along, suddenly become useful and essential, like soul matching. I figured out how the + gear works and I'm having fun replaying the levels in the hope for + items. I also used that ability holdover feature for the first time, where one perk carries over into your base weapon if the fam. is maxed. I had an electro spear, and another weapon with the lightning dmg +30% perk. I merged those and it's turned into a great weapon. I can finally run through the NG+ missions in comfort. I combined that with the Kara-Jishi spirit and I'm doing fine now dmg wise. Now I need to add life drain to the mix as well.

Deku Tree

Do you know if all mission (well except dojo) are available on multiplayer?
Because I can't find some in Torri Gate

On the mission there is a tori gate icon if you can tori gate and there is a shrine icon if you can summon. If they are crossed out then you can't do them.

I can't fight the giant centipede.

I tried guide and they all show eiter coop or some strat I can't reproduce :

I fight the tail then the head goes down but I don't have enough Ki to hit it : the head down time is the same as my ki recovery. all video I see, player have CRAZY fast ki recovery (no ki pulse) I have no idea how... My ki goes down in 2 light attack in high stance but I have 24 heart) its crazy I feel I have the same Ki as in the begining.

Anyway, I attack the back tail then I can't EVER stun it : everytime I try to attack, he's turning back facing me with his head and I take dmg... then there poison, and paralysis and he's crazy fast...

I tried the strat runing around the pillar but the frame I get behind his head goes through his ass and I take dmg on my attack...

I have NO CLUE how deal any dmg past the " cut the tail "

youtube guide show bullshit strat with crazy gear and insane ki recovery, they deal 1000 dmg per swing with 8 elexir and Im here happy when a blow deals 300 dmg and I start with 3 elexir.

I just feel I'm missing something

umPuz4x.png

Your armor is too heavy- You might want to try to bring it down to under 70% weight if you find yourself running out of stamina fast.

Also when he comes at you with the chomping, just block it once and he'll stop, don't try to dodge it.

The boss is also weak against wind element. Wind > Earth

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Going round Osaka castle (Museum floor) right now, seen so much stuff from nioh ^^. Got the sexy red armour on display.
Haha. I went there last October. And I also visited Koyasan, which was awesome, and made me want to play Nioh (it wasn't out yet but the beta had me very hyped), I imagined prowling around that cemetary with yokai emerging from behind the tombstones and whatnot...

Yeah, I'm lame.

Your armor is too heavy- You might want to try to bring it down to under 70% weight if you find yourself running out of stamina fast.

Also when he comes at you with the chomping, just block it once and he'll stop, don't try to dodge it.

The boss is also weak against wind element. Wind
> Earth

I spammed wind talisman

thing is dead

wat

spend two hours trying to fight its head... jesus...

Thanks !

Izuna

Banned
Ability C is definitely too bad. B or less imo.

The thing about Armour, is that the most important stat is Toughness. 100 Toughness is what you should have minimum (no Ki Reduction when blocking etc.) -- 200 Toughness stops you from being interrupted.

There's no point having more or less. You can achieve 200 easily with B Agility.

The base Odachi at the start of the dlc is Super weak, I got my ass kicked by kappas of all things and took awhile to kill even basic soldiers.

I can definitely see potential with the movesets though, anyone has any recommendations for how to use the Odachi?

Baalzebup

I'll also echo the sentiment that Agility C, or in other words, going over the 70% weight limit, is very much not recommended. There are some really specific tanky builds that may use that, but in general, avoid going over that limit like the plague. Agility B is much more palatable.

There are some ways to remedy the loss of natural Ki regen, mostly Sacred Water and Kekkai Talismans, though the Kato Guardian Spirit can also give some major boost in that regard.

Ability C is definitely too bad. B or less imo.

The thing about Armour, is that the most important stat is Toughness. 100 Toughness is what you should have minimum (no Ki Reduction when blocking etc.) -- 200 Toughness stops you from being interrupted.

There's no point having more or less. You can achieve 200 easily with B Agility.

I'll also echo the sentiment that Agility C, or in other words, going over the 70% weight limit, is very much not recommended. There are some really specific tanky builds that may use that, but in general, avoid going over that limit like the plague. Agility B is much more palatable.

There are some ways to remedy the loss of natural Ki regen, mostly Sacred Water and Kekkai Talismans, though the Kato Guardian Spirit can also give some major boost in that regard.

Agility grade ? Toughness ???

Izuna

Banned
Agility grade ? Toughness ???

You can see the Toughness stat when equipping armour. All you need to know is that there are 3 tiers. 0-100 (BAD), 100-199, and 200 (Super Armour).

For Agility, you have 4 tiers also.

Ranks range from A to D, A having the best ki regeneration, needing the player to have <30.0% equipment ratio, B having good ki regeneration, needing the player to have <70.0% equipment ratio, C having decent ki regeneration, needing the player to be <100.0% equipment ratio, and D having the worst ki regeneration, with anything that is >100.1% causing massive ki usage during dashes and sprints, as well as offering the worst maneuverability.
<-- via wiki

It also affects your speed and dodged. Pretty much, A Agility makes low-stance great. C Agility pretty much removes the benefit of using mid-stance.

You want to balance these two. Essentially, you can think of it as A Agility with 100 Toughness as achievable, and 200 Toughness with B Agility also achievable.

It takes extreme amounts of careful planning and late game stuff to get A Agility with 200 Toughness (you can look at the previous pages if you want to see how I got it done), but otherwise, it's unnecessary.

Ludens

Banned
Now the game turned to be hard, I need to reach the last region but the suggested level for each mission is like 30 levels above me. I never grinded in the game, I used coop when I wanted, beated sides on solo (most of them), never had an hard time until now, when pretty much everything two shots me.
Does the game forces you to grind out of the blue just to proceed further? If so it's a lame decision.

Baalzebup

Now the game turned to be hard, I need to reach the last region but the suggested level for each mission is like 30 levels above me. I never grinded in the game, I used coop when I wanted, beated sides on solo (most of them), never had an hard time until now, when pretty much everything two shots me.
Does the game forces you to grind out of the blue just to proceed further? If so it's a lame decision.
The mission levels are not the recommended character level. All of the Way of the Demon (3rd difficulty level available via the Dragon of the North DLC) missions are way above the current character level cap of 400.

Mention of getting two shotted with no info about your build or your armor means nothing. I'm around level 300, I have divine lv 200 +20 armor and there are still things that can one-shot me in the Way of the Demon since I use light armor and haven't invested much in Life.

Ludens

Banned
The mission levels are not the recommended character level. All of the Way of the Demon (3rd difficulty level available via the Dragon of the North DLC) missions are way above the current character level cap of 400.

Mention of getting two shotted with no info about your build or your armor means nothing. I'm around level 300, I have divine lv 200 +20 armor and there are still things that can one-shot me in the Way of the Demon since I use light armor and haven't invested much in Life.
Well, I can't remember the equip, but I tend to distribute one skill point in each category, so at level 80 they are all the same more or less.

I finished the game last night at like level 103. Including
The Hundred Eyes boss

I have a pretty huge backlog of recent games to play (Persona/KH/ME:A) but this game is a lot of fun. Is it worth playing through NG+? I know about the Divine items to find but I don't have too much time as of late and figured I would ask if anyone has thoughts of it being worth completing a second go around.

I'm trying to do this build : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvMKPnoh0hQ
But damn I still don't understand how they can have these bonuses on weapon/armor. I tried reforging but it's actually painful to get want you want xD

I need to learn how all this work because I can't stand a chance on Way of the Demon like this...

What I got so far:
- while reforging, the skills are always the same (I actually tried to back up my save and reload)
- you can use several material to reforge, divine fragment is the best (I think?) but I still get a shitload of useless (for my targeted build) skill with it
- I'm going to farm a lot of good equipment... I have some 170 but idk if it's worth it to spend time upgrading them. I mean if I'm going to loot some 200, the time investment I'm going to put in the 170 stuff would have been for nothing (well it still would have helped me getting past different missions)

It's a headache because I didn't pay attention to the blacksmith at all, in all my NG+ playthrough, and now I have a lot to process x(

I loved Bloodborne (beat it and the DLC too) so I was itching some fast Soulsborne action and bought Nioh.
Any advice for my first play through ?

Also is there a parrying mechanic you can unlock ? Thanks

Deku Tree

I'm trying to do this build : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvMKPnoh0hQ
But damn I still don't understand how they can have these bonuses on weapon/armor. I tried reforging but it's actually painful to get want you want xD

I need to learn how all this work because I can't stand a chance on Way of the Demon like this...

What I got so far:
- while reforging, the skills are always the same (I actually tried to back up my save and reload)
- you can use several material to reforge, divine fragment is the best (I think?) but I still get a shitload of useless (for my targeted build) skill with it
- I'm going to farm a lot of good equipment... I have some 170 but idk if it's worth it to spend time upgrading them. I mean if I'm going to loot some 200, the time investment I'm going to put in the 170 stuff would have been for nothing (well it still would have helped me getting past different missions)

It's a headache because I didn't pay attention to the blacksmith at all, in all my NG+ playthrough, and now I have a lot to process x(

You go to death to bandits on way of the strong and kill al the revenants in the first area near the shrine and towards the water. Look for transferrable throwing weapon damage 2x 17.9% or throwing weapon damage 17.9% on arms (goes up to 22.9% at max fam). Then transfer that perk to all your other gear to get close to 90% throwing weapon damage 2x at max familiarity. I don't know how many people are still regularly dropping stuff and DTB on Strong though... seems like the population has dropped off a bunch. Rerolling for the other perks isn't that hard to be honest.

But if you find one revenant with it then you can just keep killing that revenant to get it to drop over and over again.

You can also look for attack +20 on a lvl 150 chest, or luck +20 on a level 150 helmet as transferrable. Also any CTA A- transferrable on weapons are keepers.

If you are dedicated then you can post a request on gamefaqs or on the nioh r/shinju sub-reddit and maybe someone will drop them for you.

I can't fight the giant centipede.

I tried guide and they all show eiter coop or some strat I can't reproduce :

I know you have beat it but the guides for that boss are a joke and there is one super easy strategy for this boss that I haven't seen in a guide. It goes like this:

Immediately go for the tail until it breaks. Ignore all the little bits and run to high ground (where the air pump thing is) whilst it scurries off look for the part that stays. when you spot it smash it, usually it is below the platform so you can often do a plunging attack and destroy it in one so you never get poisoned. Switch to high stance and stay on the ground when it raises its head dodge the poison or paralysis shot then run in and tap triangle to get a few hits in. Repeat until dead. If you use onmyo it goes even quicker (except sloth it just makes the fight take longer, though I don't think you can use it at that point anyway).

Baalzebup

What I got so far:
There are a few rules governing the reforging. For one, if you do the exact same reforges, you will always get the same results. But if you change the materials, or the number of ability slots you reforge at once, you will get different results. And yes, using divine shards will generally get you the best chance of getting the more rare results (purple abilities can only be rolled via them AFAIK). In general, prepare to save-scum a whole lot when you are making the really optimized end-game gear. You will spend hours at the blacksmith and pour money out like water.

As for the lv 170 gear, you can always Soul match that stuff to lv 200 later on. Just avoid doing any mid-steps on the way, as unlike when you upgrade just the +# value of a divine item, the cumulative price increases do affect divine items as they do others (The more you do Soul Match level ups on a single item, the more any further level ups will cost).

I loved Bloodborne (beat it and the DLC too) so I was itching some fast Soulsborne action and bought Nioh.
Any advice for my first play through ?

Also is there a parrying mechanic you can unlock ? Thanks

For all kinds of advice, just read the last few pages of this OT and this thread. There are all kinds of parry moves for various weapons. Katana and Dual Swords have the best parry moves, but there is at least one for the spear and Nodachi as well.

You can also look for attack +20 on a lvl 150 chest
Gloves, not chest. + attack occurs naturally only on gloves.

Way of the Samurai loot for the new region kinda suck.....I didn't know what I was expecting lol.

But it definitely feels like I've not been dealing enough damage.The new yokais were kicking my ass and like a complete noob I totally forgot my Demon King armor has stat requirements after I respec so I ran half the stage with no buffs lol @_@

Bubbins

So I just got to the second area thanks entirely to coop. Fun game, just don't see how people advance through the story without coop help, but then again I've never played a soulslike.

You go to death to bandits on way of the strong and kill al the revenants in the first area near the shrine and towards the water. Look for transferrable throwing weapon damage 2x 17.9% or throwing weapon damage 17.9% on arms (goes up to 22.9% at max fam). Then transfer that perk to all your other gear to get close to 90% throwing weapon damage 2x at max familiarity. I don't know how many people are still regularly dropping stuff and DTB on Strong though... seems like the population has dropped off a bunch. Rerolling for the other perks isn't that hard to be honest.

But if you find one revenant with it then you can just keep killing that revenant to get it to drop over and over again.

You can also look for attack +20 on a lvl 150 chest, or luck +20 on a level 150 helmet as transferrable. Also any CTA A- transferrable on weapons are keepers.

If you are dedicated then you can post a request on gamefaqs or on the nioh r/shinju sub-reddit and maybe someone will drop them for you.

Thanks! I got a pair of gloves with that bonus, but the revenant is gone it seems. I'll try to ask around if there are still people dropping stuff here.
It's a bit annoying that I have to rely on other players to get the stuff I want but it seems I don't really have a choice... If I want to get them solo it seems it would take an insane amount of luck and farm.

There are a few rules governing the reforging. For one, if you do the exact same reforges, you will always get the same results. But if you change the materials, or the number of ability slots you reforge at once, you will get different results. And yes, using divine shards will generally get you the best chance of getting the more rare results (purple abilities can only be rolled via them AFAIK). In general, prepare to save-scum a whole lot when you are making the really optimized end-game gear. You will spend hours at the blacksmith and pour money out like water.

As for the lv 170 gear, you can always Soul match that stuff to lv 200 later on. Just avoid doing any mid-steps on the way, as unlike when you upgrade just the +# value of a divine item, the cumulative price increases do affect divine items as they do others (The more you do Soul Match level ups on a single item, the more any further level ups will cost).

Oh yea the soul match! I never used it yet, I tried on some divine item and, indeed, the money required is insane!
I think I'll sell my trash loot instead of dissembled it.

Thanks for the explanation!

I'm motivated to do this ninja build. It looks so freaking cool!

Van Bur3n

Talking about Nioh in one of the threads in gaming has kind of got me in the mood to play the game again. I can go through Way of the Strong but I'm interested in playing the DLC since it adds that new weapon I really want to use so I can be Sir Alonne from Dark Souls 2.

Just not sure if I want to buy the season pass now to play a DLC I hear is short or wait for some kind of good deal in the future, I don't know. What are some your thoughts on the DLC?

Deku Tree

Revenants reset after a few minutes. The quickest way to get the revenant to come back is to save at the shrine, then quit the app, then restart the game. That loads you right back into the mission. Otherwise if you kill all revenants in an area and then save at the shrine once or twice then it usually reloads all the same revenants again.

Jimrpg

Took me 2 hours to beat
Saika Magoichi
SIGH! Had him down to about 1/3rd health the first time around, and then as per usual, trying to converse elixirs, it ended up taking ages and was down to his last sliver of health multiple times but got undisciplined as I tried to finish him off.

It's so easy to roll/strafe into the fire, lose camera control. Everything was pretty much blockable except for his grab mechanic, so it should have been easy theoretically. BUT it just never panned out that way. If you get hit, it was easy to get stunned and then he could take you out with bombs/gunshots/melee or whatever.

I think the Giant Toad was harder, but this was a pretty annoying boss fight in the end. It was easy theoretically, but execution was a lot harder.

So I just got to the second area thanks entirely to coop. Fun game, just don't see how people advance through the story without coop help, but then again I've never played a soulslike.

That's funny cause I've always preferred to play these games single player, don't know why, I don't really like hard games to be honest, but it feels like the game would be much easier in co-op that it would affect the experience.

This game is so good!
Started it as a shameless copy paste of Dark Souls, but love it more and more with every mission. It's even more addictive than DS for me!

Got this for $40 due to Days of Play and just got around to playing it for a decent bit last night. Really enjoying the chain-scythe weapon and I think I'm close to the end of the first real area (not the tower intro).

Gonna read up on the thread so I can get a few extra pointers, but I'm really getting back into the Souls-style groove after a few embarrassing deaths. Managing elixirs like Estus flasks and remembering to use the Ki Pulse are basically the two things I'm still getting a firm grasp on. I really love the different stances and how you can change them on the fly once you practice.

Okay folks, about to start playing this now. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tips guide or just give me some general pointers (doesn't have to be anything too detailed) to ease my way in? I'm something of a Souls casual so I'm not above playing like a scrub and I welcome any suggestions that will help me cheese my way through the game.

Deku Tree

Okay folks, about to start playing this now. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tips guide or just give me some general pointers (doesn't have to be anything too detailed) to ease my way in? I'm something of a Souls casual so I'm not above playing like a scrub and I welcome any suggestions that will help me cheese my way through the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-nioh-1792068728/amp

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/73652896

Ludens

Banned
holy hell I'm having an hard time against
the two Kings, not the Nobunaga fight
, can't find a viable option. Spamming the living weapon it's not a thing, I deal not so much damage and I run out of magic really quick, I use spirit stones but they take 4 shots to refill my bar, meanwhile I need to dodge attacks etc, I always end up dead.

Baalzebup

holy hell I'm having an hard time against
the two Kings, not the Nobunaga fight
, can't find a viable option. Spamming the living weapon it's not a thing, I deal not so much damage and I run out of magic really quick, I use spirit stones but they take 4 shots to refill my bar, meanwhile I need to dodge attacks etc, I always end up dead.

Much like the meeting on the other shore, the two kings can be considered a divide and conquer fight. Your enemies move at vastly differing paces and have very different sets of attacks. You basically move around the arena and keep away from one of them, dodging attacks via sound cues etc while otherwise dealing with the situation as if it were a duel.

In the case of two kings, you also have a massive geographic tool for the tactic in the form of the big ass rock in one corner of the battlefield.

I've also just started this as a recent purchase for my new PS4. Rather enjoying it so far. Yes it is quite Souls like on the initial bootup, but once you start digging into the mechanics it does do a good job giving itself a unique identity with the systems like the stances, Ki regeneration and randomised loot. I can never hate too much on a game that lets you just run into the enemies spinning with a massive axe. If I had to throw out one criticism I would say the environments are a little dull on both lack of key landmarks and texture work, but I do like the character models so it isn't all bad in the graphics side.

For all kinds of advice, just read the last few pages of this OT and this thread. There are all kinds of parry moves for various weapons. Katana and Dual Swords have the best parry moves, but there is at least one for the spear and Nodachi as well.

Thanks !

Finally got that "Aha !" moment where the game clicked with me, like it did with Bloodborne.
With the first Youkai boss in the ship. It was tense, but I finally manage to beat it with only a sliver of health remaining. That was tense.

Plus I think setting up 60FPS instead of 30FPS definitely helped.

Can't wait to unlock some abilities.

xuchu

For those of us who were looking forward to the future press guide, for collecting if anything else, it will be released after the 3rd dlc :S

They put up a statement on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/FuturePress/posts/10155266618456163

We know that many of you have been waiting a long time to hear about our plans for Nioh, but sadly we can’t announce anything at present. We have been trying to find a way to create the book that Nioh deserves—one that won’t become outdated as soon as it’s published. Team Ninja’s dedication to releasing new content and rebalancing the game has made finding the right approach very difficult, so for now we’re waiting until the third DLC pack has been released before deciding how to proceed.

Thank you all for your patience and sorry we failed to update you until now. We’ll keep you posted!

emag

I'm still pretty early in the game (after the silver mine stage in the second region). Should I be at all concerned about Soul Matching weapons, or is that just a late game/new game+ thing?

Today is a good morning, I got my Nioh platinum trophy After finally getting the blacksmith trophy!

But using reforge now I noticed a lot of new bonuses..... like what the hell is a 'saturated' enemy?

xuchu

Today is a good morning, I got my Nioh platinum trophy After finally getting the blacksmith trophy!

But using reforge now I noticed a lot of new bonuses..... like what the hell is a 'saturated' enemy?

Congrats.

One of the major patches (1.15?) that came with the dlc added a lot of new special effects. Saturated means that an an enemy has the water debuff on them. Scorched is fire debuff. Electrified is lightning. Blustered is wind. Muddied is earth. There are weapon special effects that increase damage when an enemy is has a particular debuff on them. This will stack with a set bonus.

Congrats.

One of the major patches (1.15?) that came with the dlc added a lot of new special effects. Saturated means that an an enemy has the water debuff on them. Scorched is fire debuff. Electrified is lightning. Blustered is wind. Muddied is earth. There are weapon special effects that increase damage when an enemy is has a particular debuff on them. This will stack with a set bonus.

Ah okay thanks, I've also noticed they have "element increased weapon damage 45%" type of bonus. I'm assuming it's like increasing the buff elemental damage?

Jimrpg

Congrats! How long did it take you?

I just want to beat the story and that'll be good enough for me. I would love to come back some time and play the harder difficulty mode, though right now its already hard enough as it is. I just beat the first boss in
Segikahara, the battlefield is a huge (and much welcome) change in level design

Finished the second main mission tonight - holy hell did Batgirl give me some trouble. I went into the fight and kept dying almost immediately every time. But once I actually lived long enough to figure out her pattern I was able to beat her pretty easily. Everyone has been saying to not play it like Souls, but so far the dodge and weave tactics are working for me. I'm running a Ninjitsu + Kusarigama build which has been pretty fun so far. I have a katana as my secondary weapon but I've yet to run into a situation where my kusarigama hasn't been able to take care of things.

So far my favorite thing was when I shot the cyclops yokai in the eye and it actually reacted and stunned it. I was very pleased.

Congrats! How long did it take you?

I just want to beat the story and that'll be good enough for me. I would love to come back some time and play the harder difficulty mode, though right now its already hard enough as it is. I just beat the first boss in
Segikahara, the battlefield is a huge (and much welcome) change in level design

I don't know the exact time atm but I've spent the whole February and March on it and only stop to play P5 lol.

Most of it is straight forward but the blacksmith trophy is kinda bad because there's no way to track the amount of money needed next and so I fall into despair

lupinko

I haven't even beaten the first (not trial) mission yet. I'm having too much fun grinding and farming drops and amirita.

I am enjoying this so much that I was able to find the preorder dlc I missed out on via eBay.

The purple rare ninja Hakama pants that one revenant dropped has been awesome. And all the beginners using the gold Nioh are great because I farm those to get amirita. Lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't know the exact time atm but I've spent the whole February and March on it and only stop to play P5 lol.

Most of it is straight forward but the blacksmith trophy is kinda bad because there's no way to track the amount of money needed next and so I fall into despair

You can check your playtime in the gameplay record tab.

I got my platinum too yesterday, took me 90 hours. The shopkeeper trophy was the only grindy one in the end. I read about the exploit and even got a few extra points in NG, but I didn't know it doesn't work anymore after you beat the game (at least it didn't for me). If one guide's to be believed, you need to do it after you free Muramasa and you get the special dialogue. Never thought it'd take a few hours normally, I killed so many revenants on the bridge mission.

I loved these 90 hours to bits, but I need to jump to another game now, maybe I'll play all dlc down the line if the other expansions are also good. The divine items and the importance of soul matching/reforging tempted me to try out the dlc already though. But I have too many other games to play.

Right now Nioh is still my goty but there's a stacked autumn full of releases, and I've yet to play Nier/Horizon.

One of the more impressive aspects of Nioh is its pre- and post launch support. This team handled their game like it was family. Not only by releasing the tests and demos, but then also by putting out 11 patches, releasing free missions ánd substantial expansions. If there's ever a winner for most dedicated support, this game has to be near the top.

Jimrpg

You can check your playtime in the gameplay record tab.

I got my platinum too yesterday, took me 90 hours. The shopkeeper trophy was the only grindy one in the end. I read about the exploit and even got a few extra points in NG, but I didn't know it doesn't work anymore after you beat the game (at least it didn't for me). If one guide's to be believed, you need to do it after you free Muramasa and you get the special dialogue. Never thought it'd take a few hours normally, I killed so many revenants on the bridge mission.

I loved these 90 hours to bits, but I need to jump to another game now, maybe I'll play all dlc down the line if the other expansions are also good. The divine items and the importance of soul matching/reforging tempted me to try out the dlc already though. But I have too many other games to play.

Right now Nioh is still my goty but there's a stacked autumn full of releases, and I've yet to play Nier/Horizon.

One of the more impressive aspects of Nioh is its pre- and post launch support. This team handled their game like it was family. Not only by releasing the tests and demos, but then also by putting out 11 patches, releasing free missions ánd substantial expansions. If there's ever a winner for most dedicated support, this game has to be near the top.

Not only that but this game ran like a dream from day 1. It wasn't the best looking game, but it performed great. The only time the framerate dropped would be when there was an enemy in the distance, which didn't matter anyway. It would be amazing if I had a pro to take advantage of 1080/60, but 720 was fine.

You can also check game play time when you load a game too.

Top Bottom