• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Walk Through (TGS 2015)

MDzrZHs.gif

He's a westerner born to a japanese mother (If the script is still the original one) so he could draw the bow in two different ways at least :p

Kyudo or occidental.

Philippo

Completely sold, now i just need to see some of the story elements (and how close to Kurosawa's original script is) and then it's media blackout for me.

sublimit

Banned
If i'm going to nitpick about something the animations look a bit weird when the character is strafing (like his feet are sliding on the ground) but this was from the alpha version so maybe they have improved it by now.
Other than that holy shit i need this game!!

If i'm going to nitpick about something the animations look a bit weird when the character is strafing (like his feet are sliding on the ground) but this was from the alpha version so maybe they have improved it by now.
Other than that holy shit i need this game!!

Nah, you're completely right. It does look off.

Why are people comparing this game to Dark Souls at all...? It's closer to Onimusha and DMC and other Capcom action games of old than anything else.

E-flux

I love how accurate the animations are for the various sword techniques of the era. Like when he places his second hand at the end of the hilt for a power stance.

I agree that the sword animations looked good, however when he was wielding that spear it looked a bit retarded when most of his attacks were swung over head or from the sides and barely any stabbing action. So just based on that i doubt that they were aiming at the realistic side with most of the animations. They do look cool though.

Why are people comparing this game to Dark Souls at all...? It's closer to Onimusha and DMC and other Capcom action games of old than anything else.

Actually some moves are straight out of Ninja Gaiden. I guess the reason is because it has a stamina bar and such. Nothing Dark Souls invented, but you can't deny they took some influences from those games as well.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Onimusha Souls is looking damn good.

Edit: Wow, that aura around the boss where everything behind it turns black and white, that's a really cool effect they've made

I don't like the black & white smoke effect (or whatever you want to call it) when he fights the boss, the rest looks amazing, I really hope they can recapture that Ninja Gaiden Black magic when it comes to combat execution.

Actually some moves are straight out of Ninja Gaiden. I guess the reason is because it has a stamina bar and such. Nothing Dark Souls invented, but you can't deny they took some influences from those games as well.

Yeah Ninja Gaiden too. I get that DS could have influenced some of the design decisions but, the people comparing it solely to DS, it's a bit silly.

Ogawa-san

I like how enemies have a stamina bar too, I guess it means they'll follow the same rules as the MC instead of being able to attack whenever they want.

sublimit

Banned
Nah, you're completely right. It does look off.

Yeah its animations are the bigest problem for now but since this was alpha footage i'm almost confident that they will improve them by the time the game comes out.

Also like someone else said i really hope this game does well just to make Capcom kick themselves for ignoring Onimusha for so long. >:]

Yeah its animations are the bigest problem for now but since this was alpha footage i'm almost confident that they will improve them by the time the game comes out.

Also like someone else said i really hope this game does well just to make Capcom kick themselves for ignoring Onimusha for so long. >:]

Yeah it looks like all movement animations are unfinished, while the sword animations are already on point. But this is TGS footage, I think the newer trailer from PSX shows some improvements already.

I'm seeing a lot more of Ninja Gaiden than I thought there would be.
That black and white effect looks incredible but it makes it a little difficult to see what the enemy is doing.
My interest continues to grow.

True Fire

Looks amazing. The animations are still a bit rough though, and I'm not a fan of the pace. But I'm sure those things will improve.

Mdk7

Looks really, really great and hopefully it will be a return to their former glory for Team Ninja.
I pray for a 2016 release in the West!

Sesha

I mean, I wouldn't want a new Onimusha that had Souls inspiration. I'd want a wacky story with relatively over the top action as before.

I don't think you have to worry. It's Capcom. They're incapable of making a story that isn't wacky.

The boss' grab was actually telegraphed, so team ninja must be learning.

Going by this footage, it's a fairly shameless souls rip but it looks fun!

The Souls influence is strong with this one, but still looks cool. Combat doesn't like quite as weighty or satisfying, but getting my hands on it might help change my view on that.

Revan

What I REALLY want is a new Ninja Gaiden.

This will do however - I don't like the souls games but this has me very intrigued.

I'm so excited for this game, I just really, really hate that running animation
i think he may have shit his diaper

This is definitely nothing like a Rogue-like

Still hyped!

Not sure where you are getting Roguelike from.

Gonna have to excuse me. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to genre definition. :( I was mainly drawing parallels to the soulsborne game and I thought those games were known as rougelikes. If that's wrong please tell me.

The point is I saw the deliberate quiet and dark settings, enemy placement, reactions, and so forth and it reminded me of those games. Something of a personal grief I have with those games is the slower, more methodical combat. Nothing wrong with it. Just not for me.

I'm not saying Nioh won't be methodical as well either, just that combat looks more my speed and I'm hype for it.

Again though, if Rougelike is incorrect or Nioh isn't rougelike at all, please tell me.

Raptor

Running animation looks wrong, how he runs with his hands on the side lol.

Everything else looks good, but the boss effects wil get distracting after awhile.

Top Bottom