• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary announcements - (New Disgaea Team game, etc)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, had no idea that NIS was around for 20 years... first game I recall playing by them was Rhapsody. Here's to another 20!

I wonder if we'll get a new game announcement or something from this. Not likely, but still!

It's always one extreme or the other with this company isn't it? You usually have the lolis, or in rare instances this:

8bc0E.jpg

(The rest of the characters in this game look "normal" which makes her stand out)

her eyes look really retarded with their placement

but other than that i like

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Phantom Brave kicked my ass so hard when I first played it.
Id like another in the series to do it again please.

Would be awesome to have another Makai Kingdom game cept with Peta as the main character.

32e7bd91e8c40009aebbbe4bd3385863.jpg

AniHawk

No actually they've confirmed that they're working on the next major game which is not Disgaea 5. They probably won't start work on D5 until that game is released, and it's going to be formally announced this week. The Disgaea team is a new company now, which is wholly owned by Nippon Ichi and operates in the same offices (basically nothing changed other than their employment status). The company is called Counter Stop.

maybe the new disgaea game is a spinoff of sorts.

GhaleonQ

Criminal Girls over ZHP?

idon'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Between that and the new game announcement, it's clear: they've abandoned their supposed new tentpole! NO.

In any case, I'm thrilled. Nippon Ichi had a lull that's been rectified since the transition to the PSP and PS3.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's always one extreme or the other with this company isn't it? You usually have the lolis, or in rare instances this:

8bc0E.jpg

(The rest of the characters in this game look "normal" which makes her stand out)

I want this. All the time. Lolis are fucking stupid, anyway.

New Nippon Ichi sidescroller incoming

The biweekly Dengeki PlayStation leaks have started leaking, and Nippon Ichi appears to be one of the main topics. According to early reports from the usual flying get suspects, the magazine has first details on at least two new Nippon Ichi titles: Project Arcadia and Project D.

Project Arcadia is said to be a side scrolling action game.

Project D is said to be a game that will please long time Nippon Ichi fans and new fans alike.

And

The reports also mention that Nippon Ichi will hold a press event on July 12, which is the date its recently opened anniversary site is set to go live.

http://andriasang.com/con1v8/nippon_ichi_games/

Project Arcadia and Project D aren't the only two Nippon Ichi titles in Dengeki PlayStation. The magazine also has details on the new game from the Disgaea team, "Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei Paradox." Translated roughly (and purposefully trying to make it sound silly) this translates to "Gods and the Fate Revolution Paradox."

The basic premise of the game involves a boy who has become a god teaming up with an angel to grant people their wishes. The game is definitely an RPG. It may also be a strategy RPG, or at least have SRPG elements.

http://andriasang.com/con1v9/dengeki_disgaea_team_game/

duckroll

Thanks for posting the updates. I'm going to wait until there are more definite details from Dengeki, and then I'll update the OP properly. It's just kinda piece meal and incomplete right now.

NiBear

Banned
wow. いとうのいぢfor chara design?
haven't seen her works after Flyable CandyHeart.

duckroll

Okay... I don't think we'll be getting more more information today than this.

Kami-sama to Unmei Kakumei Paradox (Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary game)

Producer: Souhei Niikawa
Director: Masahiro Yamamoto
Character Design: Noizi Itou
Music: Yousei Teikoku (Das Feenreich)
Animation: Shirogumi
Development: Counter Stop (Disgaea team)

- There are 6 pages on the game in Dengeki Playstation this week
- The preferred shortform nickname for the game is "kamipara"
- The story is about a boy who becomes a god working hard together with his angels to fulfill the wishes of the people
- The game could either be a RPG or a SRPG, it isn't clear
- There is no announced platform yet
- The teaser site for the game will open on July 12, and the official site will open on July 19
- Based on previous information about this title, some of the keywords used were "7 angels", "high resolution characters", and "tons of customization".

Other shit

- There is a "Project Arcadia" in development which is described as an exhilarating side-scroller with a princess theme.

- There is also a "Project D" in development which they say is targeted at satisfying both long-time Nippon Ichi fans as well as new fans.

- They're making a movie based on Hayarigami, one of their older visual novel adventures.

Kami-sama to Unmei Kakumei Paradox(Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary game)

- Based on previous information about this title, some of the keywords used were "7 angels", "high resolution characters", and "tons of customization".

this pretty much Confirm it is on PS3:p

Why? They won't localize any Marl Kingdom titles after Rhapsody DS bombed. We never got Antiphona.
Rhapsody DS's US release was a disaster of epic proportions, and that was wholly NISA's fault. I still can't believe what a botch job that was.

That doesn't mean they should stop making Marl Kingdom games, maybe NISA will learn and localize it properly this time, and if not, I'll just import it.

Eusis

Rhapsody DS's US release was a disaster of epic proportions, and that was wholly NISA's fault. I still can't believe what a botch job that was.

That doesn't mean they should stop making Marl Kingdom games, maybe NISA will learn and localize it properly this time, and if not, I'll just import it.
Yeah, it's possible it's a harder sell in the US but given the seeming popularity of Atelier (or at least the viability of it) I imagine Rhapsody doing bad was more completely botching the localization effort than anything else. Considered getting it since I never played the PS1 original, but when I heard about THAT I wrote it off.

duckroll

It seems that Nippon Ichi is also developing a videogame version of the free card game Z/X. The physical card game is a "free card game" where you can download the cards via pdf to play: http://www.zxtcg.com

There are currently no details as to what sort of format or platform the game is targeting. Maybe F2P mobile?

Morgadeth

I wish they brought Criminal Girls out in English, that game looked cute.

I'm interested in seeing what their next game is anyway.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Yeah, it's possible it's a harder sell in the US but given the seeming popularity of Atelier (or at least the viability of it) I imagine Rhapsody doing bad was more completely botching the localization effort than anything else. Considered getting it since I never played the PS1 original, but when I heard about THAT I wrote it off.

Now you got me very curious: what happened with Rhapsody DS in US?

I don't think the Disgaea team is big enough to handle 2 games at once; the first 20th Anniversary game is the one they're working on now, and it probably won't release until late this year. I see no reason to announce it now.

...and it should be a new IP; I don't expect a new Disgaea till 2014 at the earliest with the amount of new games they have in the pipeline.

LuuKyK

I don't think the Disgaea team is big enough to handle 2 games at once; the first 20th Anniversary game is the one they're working on now, and it probably won't release until late this year. I see no reason to announce it now.

...and it should be a new IP; I don't expect a new Disgaea till 2014 at the earliest with the amount of new games they have in the pipeline.

Niikawa (NISA president) pretty much confirmed Disgaea 5. So at least we know it is coming (as if we didn't know :p). But I agree that D5 won't be announced that soon, maybe next year (probably).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480884&highlight=disgaea+5

maybe they added employees? there company has grown

thats what I said

project D is disgaea 5, with no date attached

and that 20th anniversary game is a new ip srpg maybe

duckroll

http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20120711044/

I made a new thread to contain all future discussion on the new Disgaea team game which actually has a title and so on. This article is about the other two projects they talked about at a press conference they had earlier today. As you can see, there is literally no actual info about Project Arcadia and Project D. Probably very early planning stages.

Discussion and stuff about Kamipara should continue here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482072

hongcha

Kami-sama to Unmei Kakumei Paradox (Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary game)

- There are 6 pages on the game in Dengeki Playstation this week
- The preferred shortform nickname for the game is "kamipara"
- The story is about a boy who becomes a god working hard together with his angels to fulfill the wishes of the people
- The game could either be a RPG or a SRPG, it isn't clear
- The teaser site for the game will open on July 12, and the official site will open on July 19

It looks like it's for the PS Vita:

http://andriasang.com/con1wo/kamipara_teaser_site/

More Vita love from Nippon Ichi is great news.

Top Bottom