• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary announcements - (New Disgaea Team game, etc)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It looks like it's for the PS Vita:

http://andriasang.com/con1wo/kamipara_teaser_site/

More Vita love from Nippon Ichi is great news.

Looks like it:

XK5kO.jpg

AniHawk

/shrug

Publishers have been a bit hesitant in revealing that their games are for Vita lately.

the only three possibilities are they have nothing for vita or sony's making them wait for vita game heaven or they just want a news day all to themselves.

nis will probably just announce everything all at once. i bet they have a lot of things planned given how quiet they've been for the last year or so.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Publishers probably think it's a good idea to "tease" the players by not revealing the platforms, unfortunately that doesn't work out like pic teases.

I'm kinda reminded of the Tales of Graces f English situation, the platforms were "coming soon" but it ended up being PS3 only (which was the only platform of the Graces f JP, not vanilla Graces).

AniHawk

Publishers probably think it's a good idea to "tease" the players by not revealing the platforms, unfortunately that doesn't work out like pic teases.

I'm kinda reminded of the Tales of Graces f English situation, the platforms were "coming soon" but it ended up being PS3 only (which was the only platform of the Graces f JP, not vanilla Graces).

well there's behind-the-scenes stuff that happens too. it's possible the original graces was in the planning stages to be brought over, but nintendo nixed it for whatever reason, or localization would have been too difficult or not very cost-effective.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If publishers are so afraid, why are they even developing for the Vita?

Because its an awesome system and easy to develop for ? But with the weak Vita market right now, they probably want to wait a bit before announcing games which they then have to release on the system.

Negator

Because its an awesome system and easy to develop for ? But with the weak Vita market right now, they probably want to wait a bit before announcing games which they then have to release on the system.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't really follow that logic.

What's the point of waiting to announce the platform if it's Vita? It makes no sense to me, it does not harm or benefit them at all I would think.

Also, Vita sales aren't going to go up if people don't have enough reasons to buy it. This game could be one of those reasons.

cw_sasuke

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't really follow that logic.

What's the point of waiting to announce the platform if it's Vita? It makes no sense to me, it does not harm or benefit them at all I would think.

Also, Vita sales aren't going to go up if people don't have enough reasons to buy it. This game could be one of those reasons.

They probably want to wait for the right even to announce the plattform(s) - maybe TGS or a Sony press-briefing like Vita Gaming Heaven. Especially if the game is still a couple month away and the Special Division title is comin out earlier they probably want to focus their efforts first on SD.

Same with 3DS - last year same time 3DS looked like a joke and we didnt knew about many games that were in develoment for the 3DS, even if they were holiday titles.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Noizi doing designs for a real game = do want.

duckroll

They probably want to wait for the right even to announce the plattform(s) - maybe TGS or a Sony press-briefing like Vita Gaming Heaven. Especially if the game is still a couple month away and the Special Division title is comin out earlier they probably want to focus their efforts first on SD.

Same with 3DS - last year same time 3DS looked like a joke and we didnt knew about many games that were in develoment for the 3DS, even if they were holiday titles.

The official site is opening next week. They'll probably announce the platform by then, if not before.

cw_sasuke

The official site is opening next week. They'll probably announce the platform by then, if not before.

Thanks - this would make sense. Do you think it will end up being Vita exclusive ? I would be honestly surprised, but it would be fine with me - Vita need those type of titles and with enough push they can sell as much as they would on other more popular plattforms like the Ps3.

AniHawk

Thanks - this would make sense. Do you think it will end up being Vita exclusive ? I would be honestly surprised, but it would be fine with me - Vita need those type of titles and with enough push they can sell as much as they would on other more popular plattforms like the Ps3.

i think the question is more of what nis needs.

duckroll

Well, I think that would depend on how confident Nippon Ichi is in supporting a new system like the Vita. Both major 20th Anniversary games were actually first "announced" last year in December after all: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201112/28007892.html

oQKlo.jpg

Aside from Cave Story 3DS, the two other titles they mentioned at that fan event was a brand new adventure game from the Hayarigami team, as well as a new Dungeon RPG from the Disgaea team. That's the same place they first mentioned the themes of "7 angels", "high resolution characters", and "tons of customization". If indeed they decided right from the start to put both of those teams on the Vita for exclusive games, that shows a very strong show of support from Nippon Ichi for Sony's new portable system.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Seeing that image which listed cave story 3d reminded me I need to purchase the game when it comes out at the end of the month.

Already got a poster for the game though. :D And do dig the box art.

51Zmtk2nevL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Btw Duckroll seeing you are a NIS fan also am guessing you are the proud owner of one of those prinny hats also?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm not a N1 fan. I actually hate most of their games. :p

dis2-prinny2.jpg

Had you pinned as a fan seeing how you were bringing out a lot of the info at a pretty steady pace as it came available. Man I just dont have the time like I used to, to actually play most of their games nowdays. Since just takes an insane amount of leveling to get anywhere. Still gotta admit they do have some of the more colorful characters in the industry though! In terms of the ones they create for their games.

Its too bad they never made another Soul Cradle, really did like that game, but it was pretty damned hard I thought.

Jonnyram

There is a chance they just copy paste the source code for the TV reporter visual novel Vita game, no?
Potentially...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" />

<meta name="description" content="&#29305;&#27530;&#22577;&#36947;&#37096;" />
<meta name="keywords" content="&#26085;&#26412;&#19968;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12454;&#12455;&#12450;,nippon1,&#29305;&#27530;&#22577;&#36947;&#37096;,&#12488;&#12463;&#12471;&#12517;&#12507;&#12454;&#12489;&#12454;&#12502;,&#12488;&#12463;&#12507;&#12454;,PS,Vita" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Nippon Ichi Software, Inc." />

...though why is it upper case? And why did Nippon Ichi become IPPON ICHI? lol

duckroll

Potentially...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" />

<meta name="description" content="&#29305;&#27530;&#22577;&#36947;&#37096;" />
<meta name="keywords" content="&#26085;&#26412;&#19968;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12454;&#12455;&#12450;,nippon1,&#29305;&#27530;&#22577;&#36947;&#37096;,&#12488;&#12463;&#12471;&#12517;&#12507;&#12454;&#12489;&#12454;&#12502;,&#12488;&#12463;&#12507;&#12454;,PS,Vita" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Nippon Ichi Software, Inc." />

...though why is it upper case? And why did Nippon Ichi become IPPON ICHI? lol

The Ippon Ichi thing seems to be on all their pages when I checked earlier. Even the main page. Kinda weird.

Elios83

Great to see some Vita love from N1.
As P4G numbers have shown, Vita seems the right platform for mid-tier japanese software/RPGs.
Maybe Nippon Ichi will be the big guest in thext Vita Heaven :p

Top Bottom