• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

Handy Fake

Welp, signal booster isn't free any more :/ My farmer doesn't understand that I already have 25+ mordite plants planted and that I have mordite in droves in my vault. Currently waiting for a new plant to grow up.

But it feels good to have 6 new cargo slots! :D Seems we can go over 48 regular slots as well? I have a standing offer for a 49th for under 400k. Would've bought some tech slots but the game crashed on me :lol

From what I've read, you might have to go into the Menu and highlight the Farmer mission for it to register.

The ๖ۜBronx;246337370 said:
How would people feel about a class of ship between the current one and the freighter? I'm not sure what the additional significance beyond being cheaper and offering a medium cargo solution but I'm sure it could have some interesting mechanic as well with enough thought.
^ For discussion, as I think it could work well as a solution for the freighter, plus I think there's room for a class of ship that size looking distinct.

Handy Fake

The ๖ۜBronx;246338310 said:
^ For discussion, as I think it could work well as a solution for the freighter, plus I think there's room for a class of ship that size looking distinct.

Orbital cargo pod.

As someone who bought it originally on ps4, and then sold it after burning out on The limited features, hearing about all this makes me really interested to return.

Lom1lo

Powering those farming things is tiresome, they should do it like subnautica. Your base has power over a generator and you have to drop your mats in there and not in everything that needs power.. I use only those glashouses now because of this

edgefusion

The ๖ۜBronx;246337370 said:
How would people feel about a class of ship between the current one and the freighter? I'm not sure what the additional significance beyond being cheaper and offering a medium cargo solution but I'm sure it could have some interesting mechanic as well with enough thought.

A 'pleasure cruiser' type of craft with medium storage could be fun. Make it look swanky like a space yacht with a ton of windows for viewing the galaxy and pilotable within a system (but not into atmosphere) - its own thing so it doesn't feel like a freighter consolation prize. New players could use it as a stepping stone to a freighter while older players will have something new to play with in a leisure craft.

Powering those farming things is tiresome, they should do it like subnautica. Your base has power over a generator and you have to drop your mats in there and not in everything that needs power.. I use only those glashouses now because of this

A red stone like solution would be amazing for this. Link all the hydroponics together with craftable cabling and have a plutonium repository on one end. Feed in the pluto and it gets carried through your whole system.

Handy Fake

A 'pleasure cruiser' type of craft with medium storage could be fun. Make it look swanky like a space yacht with a ton of windows for viewing the galaxy and pilotable within a system (but not into atmosphere) - its own thing so it doesn't feel like a freighter consolation prize. New players could use it as a stepping stone to a freighter while older players will have something new to play with in a leisure craft.

A red stone like solution would be amazing for this. Link all the hydroponics together with craftable cabling and have a plutonium repository on one end. Feed in the pluto and it gets carried through your whole system.

And program the mining pods to refill them when full.

So what's the purpose of the technology tab in your ship inventory? You won't get as much of a bonus for grouping the upgrades as you would when installing them in your regular inventory (next to the basic version of the tech), right?

How many tech slots are there? You could put the 3 underwater, shield or jetpack techs together. 6 health and 3 stamina can go together if there's that many slots.I think everything else requires the unmoveable techs for bonuses.

6603B9q.jpg

The experimental branch on Steam finally fixed the new Exosuit upgrades. It feels like I can finally breathe a little, freeing up considerable room for the tech upgrades and the expanded cargo. Though it looks like the game keeps taking your money even when you max out the slots (it even says 49 slots for your main inventory and takes your money anyway). So I believe it's 12 new slots for tech and 12 for the expanded cargo with larger slot sizes (500 instead of 250, just like your ship cargo).

EDIT:
Oh yeah, there seems to be a bug, if you disassemble and craft your environmental shields to the new tech slots, it doesn't show you the depleting environmental shield icon in your hud anymore (but it's working and draining nevertheless).

The experimental branch on Steam finally fixed the new Exosuit upgrades. It feels like I can finally breathe a little, freeing up considerable room for the tech upgrades and the expanded cargo. Though it looks like the game keeps taking your money even when you max out the slots (it even says 49 slots for your main inventory and takes your money anyway). So I believe it's 12 new slots for tech and 12 for the expanded cargo with larger slot sizes (500 instead of 250, just like your ship cargo).

EDIT:
Oh yeah, there seems to be a bug, if you disassemble and craft your environmental shields to the new tech slots, it doesn't show you the depleting environmental shield icon in your hud anymore (but it's working and draining nevertheless).

Make sure you report it.

We’ve fixed an issue that caused base NPCs to stop responding after claiming a new base location. This will prevent new occurrences of the issue, a fix for those who have already experienced it is under investigation

I hope they fix that soon, my gf doesn't want to play anymore until they do x)

The ๖ۜBronx;246340428 said:
Will reply to Freighter discussion in a bit, just playing atm and made my way to my 'first' Atlas encounter. Was like visiting an old friend. Love this game.

Literally everyone has cooler ships than me.

Sucks.

Is this in dev or available now? I would vastly prefer that I think.

That's not my ship, see above for a shot of the Blind Condor. She has 13 slots. More than enough for me though.

13 slots is enough? Is that because you have a freighter or maxed exosuit? Seems like 13 would be limiting when I'm trying to haul a bunch from a big mining run...

Joey Ravn

Banned
Does anyone know if "Extreme" planets start appearing after a set amount of jumps? Or am I just unlucky? I'm like... 7 or 8 jumps in, but I haven't encountered an Extreme-condition planet yet.

I had moved my base while i had the base building missions open and had gotten the phantom markers glitch. Hard to tell if it was fixed based on patch notes. Anyone with the issue try it yet on the new patch?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this in dev or available now? I would vastly prefer that I think.

13 slots is enough? Is that because you have a freighter or maxed exosuit? Seems like 13 would be limiting when I'm trying to haul a bunch from a big mining run...
The mod is available now https://nomansskymods.com/mods/rayrods-3rd-person-flight-mod/

And yep, both. Freighter slots are big. Plus I barely keep any tech permanently installed in my ship or suit other than travel stuff. Defintely won't say no to the cargo slots though hehe.

How many tech slots are there? You could put the 3 underwater, shield or jetpack techs together. 6 health and 3 stamina can go together if there's that many slots.I think everything else requires the unmoveable techs for bonuses.

6603B9q.jpg

I've had my exosuit set up in this exact configuration since version 1.0, with one small modification; don't keep all the environment level sigma upgrades installed. If you're actually going on an exploration of a planet that needs one of the protective layers, it's easy to add that Sigma layer back on, and it's better to have 3/4 additional suit slots at all times than never have to bother crafting a suit upgrade that you don't need 95% of the time. I keep the Theta and Tau upgrades installed because it's more of a pain in the ass to get materials for them, and frankly, just having two layers is usually fine for most exploration anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This my ship Kazuhira found it on a Nuclear Planet not bad for 31 slots only 6 are damaged

Cockpit is glitched on it though sticks out all times
Hot
I've had my exosuit set up in this exact configuration since version 1.0, with one small modification; don't keep all the environment level sigma upgrades installed. If you're actually going on an exploration of a planet that needs one of the protective layers, it's easy to add that Sigma layer back on, and it's better to have 3/4 additional suit slots at all times than never have to bother crafting a suit upgrade that you don't need 95% of the time. I keep the Theta and Tau upgrades installed because it's more of a pain in the ass to get materials for them, and frankly, just having two layers is usually fine for most exploration anyway.
Very wise advice.

OuterLimits

Only noticing one slot under the cargo storage now. Before the patch it showed 4 even though it obviously wouldn't give you one when buying because of the glitch. Hopefully it's not just one slot.

No cloud fix yet on PS4 I think. The green question marks still don't disappear when saving either.

BSpot

Real talk: does putting like upgrades and technology next to eachother make ENOUGH of a difference that I should be going through the hassle?

E92 M3

While the Freighters have a a lot of space per slot, the fact that you always have to board it to exchange inventory is a pain.

I agree, would nice if we just have to be close to it.

I'd give HG 20 bucks to bring over Big Things for console. I want the planets to make the player feel small.

Also, any word if old ships/freighters will get technology slots and what not?

Aenima

This.

Any inclination I had to return to NMS vanished when I remembered how much ships cost.

You can make more money faster now too.

building a farm in ur base or freighter of only 3 diferent plants, and u can craft a item that sells for 1 million a piece.

So u can go explore and do side quests making even more money that when u get "home" u garantee to make a sells of millions every 30 minutes or so that is the time the plant that is more required takes to to grow.

Also the game is less grindy than before by the simple fact that u can buy resorsers in vendors in lange quantities, compared to the onld versions where u could only buy in small quantities.

I warp alot so i always need warp cells and was a chore to farm materials for them if i was lucky i could find a vender that sold 1 to 3 antimatters so all i needed was to farm thamium to build them.
In this new version i found a vendor that was selling 60 antimatters (i spent a million in antimmaters, bought around 50) then i can find other vendores that sell thamium some sells low quantities like 60-100 but others can sell more than 1000. So its really easy if u have a farm with plants to craft a premium product u make alot of money and u can buy alot of materials much easier than before reducing the grind needed by alot. I usually just shoot at plutonium these days, everething else if i need i just buy it.

Banned
Does anyone know if weight affects how your ship flies? My empty 48 slot Hauler handles like crap. I'm used to the tighter control of fighters. Just wondering if I load her up if she'll feel less "floaty".

todahawk

Thing is, the new 1.3 update increased prices significantly. So assuming it was intended, there's clear opposite intention for Freighters to be even more difficult to acquire.

Mine cost just 11 million in v1.2 but now it's worth 55 million, meaning it would probably cost me 60-65 million now.

The most expensive ones are still in the 100-200 million range though, so they didn't increase by the same percentage amount but closer to the same fixed amount.

Yup, just saw my dream freighter, a huge and massive red star destroyer-ish ship. Only $318,000,000.

building a farm in ur base or freighter of only 3 diferent plants, and u can craft a item that sells for 1 million a piece.

So u can go explore and do side quests making even more money that when u get "home" u garantee to make a sells of millions every 30 minutes or so that is the time the plant that is more required takes to to grow.

Also the game is less grindy than before by the simple fact that u can buy resorsers in vendors in lange quantities, compared to the onld versions where u could only buy in small quantities.

I warp alot so i always need warp cells and was a chore to farm materials for them if i was lucky i could find a vender that sold 1 to 3 antimatters so all i needed was to farm thamium to build them.
In this new version i found a vendor that was selling 60 antimatters (i spent a million in antimmaters, bought around 50) then i can find other vendores that sell thamium some sells low quantities like 60-100 but others can sell more than 1000. So its really easy if u have a farm with plants to craft a premium product u make alot of money and u can buy alot of materials much easier than before reducing the grind needed by alot. I usually just shoot at plutonium these days, everething else if i need i just buy it.
I restarted so i'm curious which items are good? Right now I'm hoarding GekNip and buds for my upcoming farm. Anything else I should be planning for you can recommend? TIA

btw I'm overloaded with warp cells. someone recommended using atlas pass v1 on canisters by manufacturing facilities, trading posts, etc. and I'm swimming in warp fuel now.

E92 M3

What item sells for a million :eyes:

Yup, just saw my dream freighter, a huge and massive red star destroyer-ish ship. Only $318,000,000.

I restarted so i'm curious which items are good? Right now I'm hoarding GekNip and buds for my upcoming farm. Anything else I should be planning for you can recommend? TIA

Have you tried getting a space ship equity loan to help out?

Aenima

Does anyone know if weight affects how your ship flies? My empty 48 slot Hauler handles like crap. I'm used to the tighter control of fighters. Just wondering if I load her up if she'll feel less "floaty".

Nop. Haulers are suposed to be the slower moving ships in the game. I have a 48 slot Fighter Ship and it moves great even if all 48 slots are full. Just diferet ship tipes affect how they handle. Thers no weight in space ;)

Can you dissemble things like Drop Pods to get the resources back?
Drop pods, no, since you didn't build it. But any beacons, roamer pads, you build off your home planet you can remove to get 50% back. Inside your base? You get between 50% and 100% of stuff back depending on the item. Always assume 50% to be safe.
It handles like crap because it's a hauler, lol. I'm not aware of any encumbrance penalties on anything.

Drop pods, no, since you didn't build it. But any beacons, roamer pads, you build off your home planet you can remove to get 50% back. Inside your base? You get between 50% and 100% of stuff back depending on the item. Always assume 50% to be safe. It handles like crap because it's a hauler, lol. I'm not aware of any encumbrance penalties on anything.

Oh whoops, I had a brain fart! I meant signal boosters!

So it has to be on my home planet to get anything back?

Banned
Nop. Haulers are suposed to be the slower moving ships in the game. I have a 48 slot Fighter Ship and it moves great even if all 48 slots are full. Just diferet ship tipes affect how they handle. Thers no weight in space ;)

*slaps self*

Aenima

btw I'm overloaded with warp cells. someone recommended using atlas pass v1 on canisters by manufacturing facilities, trading posts, etc. and I'm swimming in warp fuel now.

What item sells for a million :eyes:

The new item that sells for 1 million a piece is called Liquid Explosive. You need to hire a scientist and do the new base quests to learn the new recipes.

After that all u need is to plant 3 diferent typed of plants and wipe ur bottom to space units. The materials needed to craft Liquid explosive is Fungal Mold, Cactus Flesh, and Mordite. It requires alot of Fungal mold so ur farm need to be mainly a Funglad Mold farm.

Not my image, but hers a screen of the item:

B47B7A7DF9DBE8F42FF073E34F9C5C6CEBB1DA4A

Flipyap

ATLAS RISES PATCH 1.32 (PS4) said:
  • The base terminus teleporter will now display mission objectives, allowing you to select the correct system. It will also no longer ‘forget’ mission critical systems. This will prevent new occurrences of this issue and a fix for those who’ve already experienced it is under investigation
... under investigation? :(
Welp, I got my hopes up that I might be able to return to my main save and leave this miserable Survival grind behind me. At least they're looking into it, so I probably can safely get back to good ol' aimless exploration until they figure out a fix.

Top Bottom