• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky | PC Performance Thread

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
eFTzpUS.png

So £7.5m revenue at £39.99? Holy shit.

Unai

Ok, so this are my frame rate and frame times. Sorry about the photo instead of printscreen, I needed to go to work and had no time to upload screenshots from the PC.

GTX 970, i7 2700k OG, 16GB system ram, SSD. Everything on max except AA (FXAA). Frame rate unlocked and v-sync off.

Framerate:

Frame time:

Reni

Neo Member
Disable vSync and set Max FPS, try borderless windowed too, and report back
Thanks for the advice. Here are the results:
1.Game default settings :Borderless 1080P,V-Sync OFF,FXAA,AF 4X,Texture Detail High,Shadown and Generation Detail Medium,MAX FPS 60.
In-game FPS:32-35

2.All high settings: Borderless 1440P,V-Sync OFF,SSAA 4X,AF 16X,Texture Detail High,Shadown and Generation Detail High,MAX FPS 60.
In-game FPS:33-35

tomhan

If you have to tweak, it's a shit port.

Let me tell you, right now, it's a shit port.

If I can tweak it and it runs fine, then I couldn't care less if it's called a "shit port" or not. If I can play the game I want to play without frustration that's all I want...now if I can't tweak it to make it run well then that is a totally different story.

Muh gamergate

People liked him before the whole GG shit you know
But he still got heavily involved in it & still caters to that crowd to this day, just with enough "distance" that it's not immediately obvious.
Fixed my stutter and getting consistent 16.6ms 60fps at 1080p on my i5 4690k/GTX 970 rig — at least while walking around this first planet. I'll update once I can fly.

In-game settings:
Window Mode: Fullscreen
Monitor: Primary
Resolution: 1920x1080
V-Sync: Off
Anti Aliasing: SSSA x 4
FoV (both): 90
Anisotropic Filtering: 16
Texture Detail: High
Shadow Detail: Medium
Generation Detail: High
Reflection Quality: Low
Max FPS: Max

Nvidia Inspector settings:
Vsync: Force On
Triple Buffering: Enabled
FXAA Usage: Enabled
FXAA: On

With my general 60fps cap in RTSS.

We'll see how it holds up.
This seems to have fixed most of it for me.

it's hilarious that TB and people like him do NOTHING to try alleviate their situation, no tweaking what so ever, and then proclaim it's a shit port.

If the game's basic functions like vsync and framepacing do not work correctly out of the box and require the paid user to tweak it THEMSELVES, then yes it is a fucking shit port. People paid for your product, and is asking for a working product out of the box irrational?

noomi

Does the game version display anywhere in the game or steam?

Would love to know if that 18MB update changed it from 1.03 to something else....

brentech

I'll hold final PC judgement in a week or so when hopefully they've thrown out a small patch to fix some of these problems. If not, I'm going to have to refund and just keep playing the PS4 version.

Intel 6700k
MSI 980ti
16GB

I play all games on my PC via borderless windowed, only setting I'm not willing to change - I tried all the other settings and it has massive frame drops all the way down to a complete stalled 1 fps at times. Played just under an hour.

Uthred

If the game's basic functions like vsync and framepacing do not work correctly out of the box and require the paid user to tweak it THEMSELVES, then yes it is a fucking shit port. People paid for your product, and is asking for a working product out of the box irrational?

You are aware this is the PC Performance thread? Right?

MaxiLive

My framerate has been pretty good on a 1070 :eek:

The odd stutter here and there but thats to be expected with a generating game right? It hasn't taken away from the experience for me at least but I'm I'm not that delicate when it comes to framerate.

The UI and what not feels very "porty" though.

Should I be using Nvidia Inspector to force Vsync and AA in my games? First I've heard that this program can override setting vs. just do monitoring. Is the forced VSync and AA for Inspector better than game-specific settings?

The Geforce driver can do most of the normal stuff as well.
Nvidia Inspector is for advanced settings and tweaks.
AF and Vsync usually work better through the driver than the game.

At least the game is a short download.

Gonna redownload and see if game works from scratch, as it is the game locks PC every time I try to start it (after the very first time, when it ran but at poor fps)

Onyar

I could start the game at the end.
After an hour or so I control tab, couldn't get back to the game. I proceed to kill the game and start again, it didn't save my progression of that hour.... well maybe I will wait a little to play this game.

Nafai1123

Banned
Dissapointing to hear the pop-in is just as bad. That was the main reason I was considering double dipping. Guess I'll just continue on PS4.

sirap

Did Hello Games do something to TB? The way he is dismissing the game seems personal.

"They didn't explain scanning so I'm not doing that."

Lol what?

What are you talking about? TotalBiscuit is totally fair and would never do that he said so himself:

KDMfRsP.jpg

jaaz

Thanks for the advice. Here are the results:
1.Game default settings :Borderless 1080P,V-Sync OFF,FXAA,AF 4X,Texture Detail High,Shadown and Generation Detail Medium,MAX FPS 60.
In-game FPS:32-35

2.All high settings: Borderless 1440P,V-Sync OFF,SSAA 4X,AF 16X,Texture Detail High,Shadown and Generation Detail High,MAX FPS 60.
In-game FPS:33-35

You might want to try setting Max FPS to "MAX", not 30 or 60

So it can take allot of time for dev's with hundreds of people working on a game to fix things, this group of 5 people having to fix PS4 and PC bugs. Can we assume that patches will be slow and far in between?

Hasney

This is a good stream! nice quality. bad stutters at first but it's cleaned up a bit since then.

i don't believe that. like i've said previously, im watching Hasney's stream and it's actually running very nicely, for about 20 mins now. just got his ship working. testing the pop in

Cheers dude.

So yeah, it stutters a lot at first, cleans up, but once you leave the planet or go over a large hill, the stutter starts up again for me. It also has that texture shimmer pop-in, but "Arkham level bad" is hilarious.

Was running it in 1440p, framerate unlocked on a G-Sync monitor, had the overlay on and the FPS had a low of 57 fps and when looking at the sky or flying in space, hit the low 90's. Mostly held above 60 and everything was maxed including AA. Specs:

i7 6700k @ 4.1Ghz
16GB DDR4
980ti Supercharged EVGA
installed on a Sata 3 SSD

Would really like to hear from someone with a less than stellar PC... Can't afford to upgrade just yet so I'm still on a FX 8350 and a GTX 760. Something tells me my rig, even with tweaks, won't cut it...

Clockwork

I agree. It's not irrational at all.

They should not have a PC. A console would better suit them, honestly.

I disagree. There is tweaking to your liking and there is having to do workarounds to accommodate a broken fucking game.

This elitist attitude is bullshit. I've been building PC's for 20 years now and would never say something this daft.

OneUh8

No, PC gaming does not equal to tolerating things that doesn't work, PC gaming's strength is letting the user improving a product, not having to fix broken shit themselves.

heh. I have been pc gaming since the early 90's. I wonder what people today would say back then. lol. Some of the best PC games of all time required console commands and config tweaks to get the most out of it or enable people to play it the right way. Guess I just grew up in a different era.

bongpig

Neo Member
Running on: 720p 960gtx i5-4460

I had god awful stutter, regardless of settings. For me, I fixed the problem by:-

- disabling in-game vsync
- setting max fps to MAX
- forcing vsync in nvidia control panel

Its now running smooth as silk. Happy I can get into it at last! :)

Top Bottom