• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Spoiler Thread

legacyzero

Banned
Big Tiggles just found this fucking landscape holy shit

CpNKmrhUIAAvDIY.jpg:large

Edit: Dude, this planet is awesome!

Gusy

so is the 60 fps dream dead? A gaffer just reported that it was more 30ish than 60ish.. can anyone confirm?

NYHorn36

I've been on the same planet all day today and just exploring. Mostly trying to get the monoliths to learn words. My ship is approx. 35 mins away according to the icon so eventually I'll need to find a station that has a shopping terminal and a thing to call the airship. Or maybe I have a long walk ahead of me.

My only complaint so far is the screen icon for places that you can save at (that you haven't discovered) is a question mark, and unlike the other icons, is kind of transparent and super easy to lose. If you get turned around by going after other stuff it's sometimes hard to figure out where you were initially headed. Maybe that's intentional to intensify the feeling of wandering a planet, but if you're gonna put an icon on screen in the first place, don't make it make it so hard to find.

EDIT: Actually I just wish once you see it, if it goes away on screen, put it on the compass at the top of the screen.

Freeman76

I've been on the same planet all day today and just exploring. Mostly trying to get the monoliths to learn words. My ship is approx. 35 mins away according to the icon so eventually I'll need to find a station that has a shopping terminal and a thing to call the airship. Or maybe I have a long walk ahead of me.

My only complaint so far is the screen icon for places that you can save at (that you haven't discovered) is a question mark, and unlike the other icons, is kind of transparent and super easy to lose. If you get turned around by going after other stuff it's sometimes hard to figure out where you were initially headed. Maybe that's intentional to intensify the feeling of wandering a planet, but if you're gonna put an icon on screen in the first place, don't make it make it so hard to find.

EDIT: Actually I just wish once you see it, if it goes away on screen, put it on the compass at the top of the screen.

I keep confusing it with the targetting reticule lol.

Freeman76

so is the 60 fps dream dead? A gaffer just reported that it was more 30ish than 60ish.. can anyone confirm?

Loads of people have said it isnt 60 mate, he isnt the first. It definitely doesnt feel like 60 to me either but i cant prove shit.

supergiz

Are there landing things on every planet? And robots that hurt you when attacking stuff in every single planet?

I've been watching a lot of these streams and haven't seen one of those hostile robots yet. I think the landing things are on every planet, or at least it looks that way.

Alright, so I land on a desert planet and I find floating islands, like actual enormous floating land masses, just mysteriously suspended In the air! A whole planet full of them. You'll never find out how or why. I love this game.

Also home to small t-rexes with butterfly heads.

Anyone knows when the reviews start coming in? I love space and all of that but I'm not really sure if the game will be worth it mainly because of the design. It looks so... cartoony. Anyway I am sure I would love this game because my favorite part of Mass Effect was the planets exploration. I just want to make sure it's actually a good game (I know reviews don't really answer this, but wtv) and if they came out early I would pre order the game to play it on the 9th on the PS4

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Anyone knows when the reviews start coming in? I love space and all of that but I'm not really sure if the game will be worth it mainly because of the design. It looks so... cartoony. Anyway I am sure I would love this game because my favorite part of Mass Effect was the planets exploration. I just want to make sure it's actually a good game (I know reviews don't really answer this, but wtv) and if they came out early I would pre order the game to play it on the 9th on the PS4
Reviews won't tell you if you like the design that much, but if you aren't super afraid of spoilers, watch one of the many streams to see if the design is up you alley

Not being able to ride creatures is such bullshit though :(

I get the complaints about clipping through things like large animals, but did you ever really think NMS was going to allow you to ridecreatures like they were horses or something? Or did you mean "ride" is the most basic sense; that there exists collision between the player character and the large creature model so you can ride/surf on a creature as long as you can balance yourself?

I get the complaints about clipping through things like large animals, but did you ever really think NMS was going to allow you to ridecreatures like they were horses or something? Or did you mean "ride" is the most basic sense; that there exists collision between the player character and the large creature model so you can ride/surf on a creature as long as you can balance yourself?

The latter

Pennybags

A tad disappointed that the races aren't more alien, especially considering they basically lifted the language mechanic from Out There

I hope they focus on that in any sort of potential sequel or expansion. Sentient NPCs that aren't just headswaps on a Biden humanoid body.

First thing I'm doing when I get out into space is testing the rotation of planets and the day/night cycle to see if it varies. I'm honestly surprised nobody has done this yet since it's a big part of the immersion.

Pit

Did they go in it? Was it really a land cruiser and not some ship that materialized half inside the terrain lol It looks very cool though. I definitely like the chunkier models of ships, like that junker BT was flying for a while.

Yeah he was in if for a while it was his ship, was cool.

First thing I'm doing when I get out into space is testing the rotation of planets and the day/night cycle to see if it varies. I'm honestly surprised nobody has done this yet since it's a big part of the immersion.

Pretty sure I remember reading that the day/night cycle of a planet is determined by it's axis angle in relation to it's sun

Top Bottom