• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Spoiler Thread

Hmm so I'm getting the PS4 limited edition. I would be willing to part with the steel book and even the art book for a fair price (not scalping). Is the LE actually limited or are there copies still available?

Complaints about the day 1 patch are so pointless. Nothing matters until release. Patches, updates, sever wipes, stat resets, leaderboard resets, whatever- all of it is fair game. Nothing matters until launch. Nobody's even supposed to be playing the game right now aside from maybe reviewers. What are we even discussing?

As for requiring an internet connection to get the full experience: Well yeah, welcome to 2016 in gaming. If you can't download the patch, too bad. You have much more than simply NMS to be worried about, dozens of games have been transformed through updates and patches. This is our new normal.
QFT

I think at the very least since you can scan for player discoveries, you could try and hunt down a player by virtue of what was most recently discovered, the systems they potentially could've jumped to (if they're already gone). Even if there is no bounty involved, it could make playing as a Pirate/Griefer really rewarding to track down some human player prey.
Oh man. I really hope I can do this. Ive always dreamed of being a feared bounty hunter known throughout a galaxy.
*cough*
Boba Fett

My guess on this isn't that I've had times when I was trying to get to a location over the horizon on a planet and the rotation of the planet was making it difficult to "catch up" to the location due to the ship's automatic speed limits at various heights.

Those patch notes are incredible. Addresses basically every single complaint I have.

Yep.

One of my most minor complaints was that all of the space stations seem similar....

Fixed at launch!

Any idea on time of release?

bunbun777

My LE just shipped from amazon, don't know what I'm more excited for, finally getting to play the game or that sweet Dave Gibbons comic book.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
If I'm not mistaken the patch notes mentioned the inclusion of it

Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits. Bounty missions and larger battles now occur. Pirate frequency has been increased, as well as difficulty depending on your cargo.

Is what you are thinking of, so yeah.

Clauss

Great post by Rami (Vlambeer) re: the patch process, its roots, why day 1 patches aren't malicious and devs aren't lazy; from the perspective of someone that has gone through the process multiple times now.

http://ramiismail.com/2016/08/patch-the-process/
Such a good post. Vlambeer is the shit. I met some of them at PAX East and they were all so chill. Glad to see an indie dev spreading truth to those who baselessly talk shit.

matt05891

Wait just a reach because I can't wait but if it's worldwide pc release on the 12th and not staggered does that mean we get it on the early morning 11th?
(Seattle here)

Rsinart

Well ended my weekend of playing this. I spent a lot of time just exploring, not trying to get to far since I know I'll be starting over on Tuesday once the patch comes out. Even in its current state I am enjoying myself. Just wish there was more to do. The progression of upgrading seems kinda slow where I am at now. Here is one last shot from my current location.

13679999_10208484277879363_7747922769331852794_o.jpg

Pit

Well ended my weekend of playing this. I spent a lot of time just exploring, not trying to get to far since I know I'll be starting over on Tuesday once the patch comes out. Even in its current state I am enjoying myself. Just wish there was more to do. The progression of upgrading seems kinda slow where I am at now. Here is one last shot from my current location.

Patch is fixing upgrading and progression so you'll be happy with that.

ZiZ

I haven't been following the recent leaks, but can anyone tell me how varied the creatures are? what are the chances of finding a similar animal on another planet that's just a palette swap?

diggler41

Can I just live here? Please Ok? Ok.

I haven't been following the recent leaks, but can anyone tell me how varied the creatures are? what are the chances of finding a similar animal on another planet that's just a palette swap?

Prepatch? Fairly likely. Come Tuesday? It's anybody's guess, but less likely.

MADGAME

It's limited, sold out in one day hasn't gone up since.
It was available on Amazon on multiple occasions, actually.

I missed it the first time it went up, got it the second. Informed a friend the third time it was available and he bagged one.

It was also up on Best Buy at least twice.

mokeyjoe

That's just a beautiful shot. Looks like concept art.

Top Bottom