• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Spoiler Thread

Thank you Explorer! But Sean Murray is in another galaxy.

The question is, does Galaxy 8-4 exist or is it turtles all the way down?
Thank you Explorer! Your quest is over! We present you a new universe!

Are there even settlements in the game? On planets I mean, not space stations.

I saw a couple of outputs and abandoned buildings but they all contain (maybe) one alien to trade with and that's it.

Are all the planets contain only beast level intelligence creatures? No primitive, bow-and-arrow kind aliens?

How can I get an Atlas pass? I'm tired of seeing locked stuck requiring me to have an atlas pass.

I eventually came across an anomaly that was a space station and two peeps in there hooked me up with the blueprint. I get the impression I am going to keep encountering them a lot on my journey to the centre.

Klyka

Banned
Are you serious? Is it the same as a fresh new start or do you get to keep some stuff from the previous playthrough?

from what i saw,it just all breaks and you have to repair it again.
you literally wake up next to your crashed ship and everything is broken

Wok

from what i saw,it just all breaks and you have to repair it again.
you literally wake up next to your crashed ship and everything is broken

Alright, so once the ship is repaired, it is still your ship with 48 slots, etc. So you have a lot of momentum to explore the new galaxy.

What happens if you keep going into the centre of the universe

Or what if after you go through the centre of the universe you are now in a multiplayer enabled universe ?

Man that be some twist

Klyka

Banned
What happens if you keep going into the centre of the universe

Or what if after you go through the centre of the universe you are now in a multiplayer enabled universe ?

Man that be some twist

Play 300+ hours to unlock multplayer!

Man,people already get angry about unlocking characters in a 60$ game,now you want them to unlock multiplayer? XD

The big question I still have is if the progression continues beyond the end of the first galaxy. Meaning do you continue to get better ships, suits, multitools that get progressively better as you go into later galaxies?

Klyka

Banned
I'm assuming those screens we saw from the pre-patch early release builds were from the actual ending at the end of 18 quintillion whatever.

You mean the floating aliens?
No that happens multiple times. You see it inside Atlas Stations

You see it here
https://youtu.be/hATxy84F2a4?t=392
Then here again
https://youtu.be/hATxy84F2a4?t=614

It's just part of the "path of atlas" breadcrump which gives you some "deep" text as a "story", aka "oh guess it's all a simulation I guess or maybe not who knows!?"

Klyka

Banned
So aside from the Atlas path, what are the other two paths? What do they involve/do or is that still an unknown at this point?

I think one is literally just "go where you want" and the other is "we will send you to black holes that will randomly teleport you in the galaxy

MastAndo

Any significant gameplay differences between say, hour 6 and hour 16? How about beyond that?...or does the game basically feel the same the whole way through? Does anything about the star systems or planets change as you advance to make it clear you're closer to the center?

Klyka

Banned
Any significant gameplay differences between say, hour 6 and hour 16? How about beyond that?...or does the game basically feel the same the whole way through? Does anything about the star systems or planets change as you advance to make it clear you're closer to the center?

The gameplay is 100% the exact same from step 1 to your last step.
Numbers change in how long you mine or you can get some stuff for your guns, but nothing about that changes and no new mechanics are introduced in any way.

There is no depth to the mechanics of the game and things like,say, combat are completely irrelevant in the game. There is no progression in them that matters or can't be achieved fast and easier.

I find it interesting that you start in "Euclid Galaxy" but move on to "Hilbert Dimension"

Is there a functional difference between a Galaxy and a Dimension within the confines of the game?

Klyka

Banned
I find it interesting that you start in "Euclid Galaxy" but move on to "Hilbert Dimension"

Is there a functional difference between a Galaxy and a Dimension within the confines of the game?

It says "Hilbert Dimension" discovered but once you are in the galaxy it says "Hilbert Galaxy"

Typhares

So I can see on the galactic map red, blue and green suns which requires different warp drives that I do not have yet. Is there any difference to these systems once in them?

etta

my hard graphic balls
The gameplay is 100% the exact same from step 1 to your last step.
Numbers change in how long you mine or you can get some stuff for your guns, but nothing about that changes and no new mechanics are introduced in any way.

There is no depth to the mechanics of the game and things like,say, combat are completely irrelevant in the game. There is no progression in them that matters or can't be achieved fast and easier.
This plus the "new game plus" ending sounds so disappointing lmao. It's so stupid they switched to AAA pricing, I feel it will get a lot of shit from the community. It looks like a $25 title at best.

I don't see any advantage to pre-ordering it on Steam, so I guess I'll wait at least until the verdict is in regarding the quality of the port.

Seiniyta

somebody on reddit just found this, a portal?:

xd6PJ8nh.jpg

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT..._this_possibly_a_portal_nothing_to_do_at_the/

The big question I still have is if the progression continues beyond the end of the first galaxy. Meaning do you continue to get better ships, suits, multitools that get progressively better as you go into later galaxies?

Reposting... any thoughts or data on this?

MastAndo

Has anyone gotten to the center post-patch? A guy in one of the other threads said he has warped 70 times and 8 black holes and is still 160K light years away. Sheesh.

YaBish

So black holes are awesome. Jumped 27,000 light years. Only 170K to to go to the center!

(Also named the system Bellamy *wink wink*)

Froli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hATxy84F2a4

Well,one day later and this guy has the entire "path of the atlas" + ending as a video uploaded.

Seriously just WTF.

From what I understand, there is not a universe. Instead you start in one galaxy, get to the center, move on to a new galaxy, on and on as long as you like. But it's not as if those galaxies are arranged physically in a universe, they're all separate entities.

And every player starts in the same Galaxy #1, moves on to the same Galaxy #2, etc.

Anyway if the above is true, the center is nothing but a portal to the next galaxy with no real reveal or anything...that is disappointing.

Feels like everything is smoke and and mirrors.

Jimrpg

From what I understand, there is not a universe. Instead you start in one galaxy, get to the center, move on to a new galaxy, on and on as long as you like. But it's not as if those galaxies are arranged physically in a universe, they're all separate entities.

And every player starts in the same Galaxy #1, moves on to the same Galaxy #2, etc.

Anyway if the above is true, the center is nothing but a portal to the next galaxy with no real reveal or anything...that is disappointing.

Does that mean the galaxies are a bit like when you finish Mario on level 8-4 and you just go back to level 1-1?

Like I said in the other thread. It's like Dark Tower.

Well at the end of dark tower
Roland wakes up and has an item he didn't have the last time. What that item is I don't remember because I was so angry that was how 3 summers worth of reading ended I threw the book through a window (True Story) So we start over with everything?
I'm just curious exactly what carries over. Some people say nothing. Others say everything but it's broken and needs to be repaired. Just trying to get a straight answer before my journey begins in 9 minutes!

Klyka

Banned
Well at the end of dark tower
Roland wakes up and has an item he didn't have the last time. What that item is I don't remember because I was so angry that was how 3 summers worth of reading ended I threw the book through a window (True Story) So we start over with everything?
I'm just curious exactly what carries over. Some people say nothing. Others say everything but it's broken and needs to be repaired. Just trying to get a straight answer before my journey begins in 9 minutes!

Everything but all items and upgrades are broken

MastAndo

Is that ending from someone continuing a game that was started pre-patch? Perhaps the patch changed things since there were some story elements added?

I'm just confused since there are some people who have put in significant hours, and are basically just scratching the surface (i.e. still 160K light years away). I would be surprised if he made it to the center only a day after the patch was released.

With the patch, you start much further away from the center than you used to. I'm on PC, gave myself infinite money for a sprint to the center, and it's still going to take forever. Even with black holes, the movement towards the center is crazy incremental. And I already have (I think) the best hyperdrive you can get, but the maximum warp you can do is 10 systems at a time.

Top Bottom