• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Pre-Release Info and Hype Thread

markatisu

Surgeon Rocket said:
Truly sad. Even MadWorld got commercials.
Ubisoft is probably hoping they'll luck out and the performance will be on par with the last game.

Probably, from everything I have seen there is no massive increase over the 1st and its a Suda game which means costs are not through the roof. I expect a LTD of maybe 200-300k that would be incredible optimistic

At least my Gamestop knew what it was this time, I remember trying to get the first No More Heroes was a feat in itself.

markatisu

Dave Long said:
Ubi won't advertise. It will sell around the same as the last one or worse. They'll claim that no one buys Wii games, etc.

I think it will sell slightly better than the 1st, but not much more. Ubisoft did no advertising for the original and sales were purely done by Suda's fanbase and word of mouth.

Suda should bring the NMH toilet paper to the US this time

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
markatisu said:
I think it will sell slightly better than the 1st, but not much more. Ubisoft did no advertising for the original and sales were purely done by Suda's fanbase and word of mouth.

Suda should bring the NMH toilet paper to the US this time
It doesn't help the situation that the only form of promotion this game is getting are in the form of short "Youtube Poop"styled clips that are solely targeted towards fans of the first. They really aren't inviting and can be very off putting if you don't get the bizarre it's trying to convey.

MNC

Surgeon Rocket said:
It doesn't help the situation that the only form of promotion this game is getting are in the form of short "Youtube Poop"styled clips that are solely targeted towards fans of the first. They really aren't inviting and can be very off putting if you don't get the bizarre it's trying to convey.
I generally don't even buy sequels without having played the first. So hopefully NMH2 will also boost the sales of 1 a bit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So cool.

This and Mass Effect 2 makes for a lot of hype.

-PXG-

Different sites, different release dates. I'll call my store in the morning to see when this will REALLY be available.

Hiltz

Cool video. I still want to know more about the Tiger transformation! By the way, IGN's new podcast mentioned that you get to play as Shinobu for
2 levels
. Also, IGN's review should be coming out later this week.

Ubisoft's lack of marketing of both NMH and its sequel is pathetic. It's a shame that Grasshopper Manufacture isn't offering anything special for the sequel like how it did with NMH brand toilet paper for the Japanese release of the original game. Anyway, I'm excited to get this game next week.

Poyunch

Hiltz said:
Cool video. I still want to know more about the Tiger transformation! By the way, IGN's new podcast mentioned that you get to play as Shinobu for
2 levels
. Also, IGN's review should be coming out later this week.

Ubisoft's lack of marketing of both NMH and its sequel is pathetic. It's a shame that Grasshopper Manufacture isn't offering anything special for the sequel like how it did with NMH brand toilet paper for the Japanese release of the original game. Anyway, I'm excited to get this game next week.
Well they've done better with this game compared to the first but it's still not that great.

suda said in the vid "you will soon discover that some of the bosses from the first game will make a comeback"

so...does that mean there are going to be others coming back? maybe an actual fight for letz shake and dark star?

Luigiv

Yay finally
beat
The Real Ending in the original. First time I played through I decided I'd watch The Ending First, then The Real Ending but accidentally ended up saving over my file after the credits and started a Bitter new game +. So in anticipation of NMH2 I finally decided to play through again and experience The Real Ending first hand.
I watched it on youtube shortly after my blunder, but I didn't realise there was actually an extra boss battle in between the cutscenes until recently. I'm physically exhausted now, even though it's been over 30 minutes :lol.

Now to wait for NMH2 to get a PAL release.

Cowie

Against my better judgment, put money down on a preorder for this at gamestop. On the plus side, since there's going to be a midnight release for MAG and Mass Effect 2, he said I might be able to stroll in and pick up no more heroes 2 then, which'd be nice.

He also tried to push a red steel 2 preorder on me, and included the phrase 'I think it's going to be the better game of these two'. There was a line forming behind me, but I was tempted to counter his argument by alternating valid points with yelling KITTY PARTY! until he submitted.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
God, I was about to write up the official thread, but I think I'm going to need some help compiling appropriate media. Any hands? I'll post the thread tomorrow morning.

Dascu

doomed1 said:
God, I was about to write up the official thread, but I think I'm going to need some help compiling appropriate media. Any hands? I'll post the thread tomorrow morning.
Send me a PM with what you need.

Luigiv said:
Yay finally
beat
The Real Ending in the original. First time I played through I decided I'd watch The Ending First, then The Real Ending but accidentally ended up saving over my file after the credits and started a Bitter new game +. So in anticipation of NMH2 I finally decided to play through again and experience The Real Ending first hand.
I watched it on youtube shortly after my blunder, but I didn't realise there was actually an extra boss battle in between the cutscenes until recently. I'm physically exhausted now, even though it's been over 30 minutes :lol.

Now to wait for NMH2 to get a PAL release.

That fight is ridiculously long on bitter. It isn't anywhere near as bad on mild. I remember dying like 25 minutes in a good number of times. Still love the fight though :D

Luigiv

cosmicblizzard said:
That fight is ridiculously long on bitter. It isn't anywhere near as bad on mild. I remember dying like 25 minutes in a good number of times. Still love the fight though :D
Tell me about it. Well at least getting up to it was quick and easy.
<3 Energy conserver 3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant believe this is just around the corner. Souped up awesome looking sequel to one of my favourite games of this gen, possibly of all time.

I'm going to be playing No More Heroes 2 soon!*

*Soon = when my import arrives. Boo.

Hiltz

I'm trying to figure out the boss characters for Deperate Struggle based on the trailers of the game. By the way, in the Sylvia Christel trailer, she mentions to Travis that he'll be "In a fight to the death with 12 participants."

Some of these bosses may not necesarily be part of those "12 participants."

- Nathan Copeland ( the is 50th ranked assassin)

- Cyborg Destroyman

- Charlie Macdonald (football player, apparently 25th ranked assassin)

-Skelter Helter (spikey, white haired brother of Helter Skelter)

- The asian guy with the white bandana & cross scar on his face

- Gothic chick (first shown in the haunted trailer)

- That wierd fat guy wearing a mask

- The kid in the mech

- Kimmy (nerdy school girl with the glasses)

- The older white haired guy (shown in both Shinobu trailer & dev diary 2)

- Possibly the woman shown in the first teaser trailer with the 6 laser tentacles

- possibly that girl wearing a french maid outfit (shown in dev diary 2)

EatChildren

Anybody else see the latest IGN podcast summar from Nintendo Everything regarding this game?

- The website is amazing
- Bozon will be doing the review
- Craig played it, almost finished
- About a 10 hour game
- Blood is always on
- Many 8-bit references
- About 7 jobs
- Craig says the storyline makes no sense
- Voice acting is good, but they use the same female voice actor for all the women with the same accent (possibly intentional)
- Can play as 3 characters
- Shinobu has some platforming elements, doesn’t work very well partially due to the camera system
- Craig recommends it

Top Bottom