• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobuo Uematsu won't be working on the Final Fantasy VII Remake

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Well between this and the "real time battle system" this remake is turning out to be a hot mess.

Disappointing but I'm not terribly shocked.

I just hope they don't pull a Dissidia where they remix his compositions without giving him proper credit (Uematsu's name doesn't appear anywhere in the original Dissidia OST liner notes despite most of the music being his original compositions.)

As long as they're keeping all the old music and simply rearranging them, we should be fine, and it seems to be par for the course with a remake. Junya Nakano did a really nice job rearranging the soundtrack of FFIV to sound fresh, but faithful to the original, and Takeharu Ishimoto did great work with Dissidia and Crisis Core.

And as far as original composers go, Masashi Hamauzu is pretty amazing too. XIII had a great soundtrack and he filled Uematsu's gaps on FFX very nicely.

Shimomura

I wouldn't have any objections to this at all.

Haunted

Between the various different studio and orchestral arrangements that already exist of the FFVII soundtrack, I'm not sure they need to create new songs at all.

Piers

I think that's fine. He left a legacy behind with that soundtrack, and it'd be more fitting to have artists who were inspired by it to create rearrangements.
On the flip side, Nobuo probably wouldn't like to be constantly shackled to that specific soundtrack.

Between the various different studio and orchestral arrangements that already exist of the FFVII soundtrack, I'm not sure they need to create new songs at all.

Pretty much my point, the man already contributed the framework.

Someone else can arrange it.

Ray Down

Banned
Wonder who the composer will be?

Yoko Shimomura busy with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Ishimoto was good for CC but is he still at Square?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
His name is spelled in 3 different ways in the same article. Lol

bookloverproblems5.gif

desmax

Pretty sure it's gonna be him.

He's working on Dissidia already, but I think he can do another game too

They could always call Masashi Hamauzu back.

His Legend of legacy soundtrack is the perfect blend of electronic instruments and real instruments which I think would fit FF7 well.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think Masayoshi Soken would do great! He did the realm reborn ost and they have been hitting nostalgia marks fantastically!

Pretty sure it's gonna be him.

He's working on Dissidia already, but I think he can do another game too

Dissidia + FFVII would mean that there are minimal chances of a new TWEWY being made T.T

But I want him anyway lol

How much music has he done for Terra Battle? Loved the OST of that game, but I can't remember how many tracks were directly composed by Uematsu.

AFAIK he only did a few.

well he is the original composer
Doesn't mean he needs to be involved. The score was finished 20 something years ago.
It's finally Tsuyoshi Sekito's time to shine!

The composer is Nobuo Uematsu guys. They're not going to re-score the game. The person who would work on it would just be modernizing the synth (if Square Enix is smart - no need to arrange anything unless doing so will be for full orchestra).

Baleoce

There are plenty of amazing showcase remixers / arrangers out there. I'm confident that they'll find the right people to do the new soundtrack justice.

Top Bottom