• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoE Wii sold 325,000 in 2 days

ziran

DefectiveReject said:
NoE Wii sold 325,000 in 2 days!

DS also sold 515,000 in one god damned week!!
wow!!!

great launch for wii, hopefully nintendo can keep interest high over the coming months.

as for ds sales, over 500k in a week!!!! incredible! :)

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
ioi said:
2.00m

0.63m Japan
0.96m Americas
0.41m Others

(http://www.vgcharts.org)

Catching Xbox 360 pretty fast...
ioi, I think your NA number is a little low, it might be over 1m units. Reggie said in an interview that by the first week of December there would be more than 1m units of Wii in the hands of NA consumers.

ioi

Banned
starship said:
ioi, I think your NA number is a little low, it might be over 1m units. Reggie said in an interview that by the first week of December there would be more than 1m units of Wii in the hands of NA consumers.

Well from the data I've got it's just shy of a million, but yeah it's certainly around that kind of figure... not sure if they're going to manage to reach the 4m goal by the end of the year, although it's quite possible if they can keep the units coming.

There is definitely no lack of demand out there

So it takes less than 1 months time for the Wii to do about a 1/3 of what it took the Xbox360 1 year to do WorldWide? thats quite impressive.

Australian figures are at about 40,000 - 30,000 for launch day and they got swallowed up something fierce. Second shipment came in a few days later to NSW and Victoria. The Wii is everywhere; radio, television, print ads.

starship

Wolves Evolve said:
Australian figures are at about 40,000 - 30,000 for launch day and they got swallowed up something fierce. Second shipment came in a few days later to NSW and Victoria. The Wii is everywhere; radio, television, print ads.
I'm waiting for official Australian figures, VOOK will post it as soon as he gets it.

Amazing Wii launch numbers
Amazing November NPD numbers for DS
Amazing worldwide numbers for DS
Dragon Quest IX DS exclusive

Nintendo is having the best week ever

yilmazz

Good for them.. but they could've sold a lot more Wiis - the system was completely sold out on launch day at 11 a.m. here. But whatever, I'm glad I got one.

DefectiveReject said:
From official launch numbers 1.3million
325000 Europe
600000 USA
370000 Japan

Including the numbers from ioi, that's about 15% of 360's lifetime to date right? Also, this is the 2nd time DS has been called a "console" :D

koam

fresquito said:
More like:
#MS
#Nintendo
#Sony

Edit: if you mean next gen, if not, then it's Sony, Nintendo, MS, since PS2 is selling well these days.

Nope, Nintendo is winning.

Edit: Can we please ban ioi sale numbers from GAF?

starship

gamergirly said:
Including the numbers from ioi, that's about 15% of 360's lifetime to date right? Also, this is the 2nd time DS has been called a "console" :D
What?

PhoenixDark said:
Amazing Wii launch numbers
Amazing November NPD numbers for DS
Amazing worldwide numbers for DS
Dragon Quest IX DS exclusive
Dr. Phil is the new Wii poster child

Nintendo is having the best week ever
Agreed.

fresquito

koam said:
Nope, Nintendo is winning.

Edit: Can we please ban ioi sale numbers from GAF?
As I said above, it all depends on what you are saying. AS a whole, Nintendo is king, but in the next gen race, MS is, although at this rate, not for too long.

Ruud_Luiten said:
So Nintendo is #1 worldwide as hardware manufacturer of consoles... That's nice.
Welcome back!

So..
#1 Nintendo
#2 Sony
#3 Microsoft
#4 Nokia...

??

Yeah. The PS2 just ceased to exist on the day the Wii was released.

threeball

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Yeah. The PS2 just ceased to exist on the day the Wii was released.

Well, if you factor in a sales-per-day basis from the last NPD since the PS2 had its numbers for the whole month while the Wii had only 6 days of numbers, the Wii mopped up sales wise

gamergirly said:
2 million Wiis compared to 9-10 million 360s sold is about 20% dude
it's currently about 1.3m officially although with daily shipments everywhere its likely its around 2m or more now.
And 360 at 10m are you serious???? try 7m or so!

vasuba

Banned
Milhouse31 said:
so when is the next shipment ? I need my Wii & Zelda fix

NOE says daily shipments so hard to say. I know NOA seems to do every weekend but its been confirmed stores being asshats and holding consoles in back for 17th

DefectiveReject said:
it's currently about 1.3m officially although with daily shipments everywhere its likely its around 2m or more now.
And 360 at 10m are you serious???? try 7m or so!

7 million?? Well, that just means it's more about 30% then

Smokey

Nintendo is raking in so much money now, combined with the recent DS announcements of exclusive games and all that jazz.

It's to the point now that all I can do is:lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Rocked said:

Hey, I've always been interested to know, just how did this whole Easter thing in relation to sales come up?

Is this like the "I said wow" thing that's been plucked from some PR statement and infused with day-to-day GAFfing?

Also, nice sales. Not really a lot one can say to those really, is there? It's all been said before.

Meier

The DS originally took off in Japan around Easter '05. However, they don't celebrate it there due to the minimal number of Christians, so those people attributing the sales boost to that were made fun of.. and then the sales never went down, so it's like it was "Easter" every week.

fresquito

SovanJedi said:
Hey, I've always been interested to know, just how did this whole Easter thing in relation to sales come up?

Is this like the "I said wow" thing that's been plucked from some PR statement and infused with day-to-day GAFfing?

Also, nice sales. Not really a lot one can say to those really, is there? It's all been said before.
Easter comes from when Nintendogs was released in Japan. DS god a nice boost in sales, some people claimed it wasn't due to Nintendogs, but due to Easter. Easter doesn't exist there.

Wow is because Iwata said that when you'd see a Wii game, you'd say WOW (because of graphics).

Edit: beaten to it.

SovanJedi said:

Someone tried to spin the first week of DS outselling PSP (which corresponded to new colors + Kirby Canvas Curse, IIRC) as being artificial inflation due to the Easter holiday, which is humorous for like eight reasons. When sales stayed up the next week the year-long Easter holiday was born.

EDIT: Media-Create threads are boring as hell now, but the sheer exuberance and disbelief when the DS first took off was something to behold. I wouldn't say that no one saw it coming, but it was definitely not something the forum consensus could be said to have been behind.

fresquito

charlequin said:
Someone tried to spin the first week of DS outselling PSP (which corresponded to new colors + Kirby Canvas Curse, IIRC) as being artificial inflation due to the Easter holiday, which is humorous for like eight reasons. When sales stayed up the next week the year-long Easter holiday was born.
Was Kirby? I thought it was Nintendogs. Memory must be failing :-/

Ronok

Honestly if you were to see the Wii display inside "game" in tottenham court road (london) you would understand why it's selling so well... Wii has litterally taken over the store... 3 demo units with an area boardered off for playing wii sports in it.... The window display has been turned into a room for someone to play wii in where passers by can see.. Every games racks has a wii game on the end..... Then there is the massive wii section (console boxes, sold out signs and games) right at the front of the store..... I walked in and thought I had steped into an alternate reality.. That was the most Nintendo anything I can ever remember seeing in a games shop in this country. o.o;;

fresquito said:
Was Kirby? I thought it was Nintendogs. Memory must be failing :-/

You're probably right. I know that there was a noticeable uptick with Kirby, but I think you are right that the puppies are actually what put it over the top.

Fake-EDIT: Anyone have the Easter chart handy? That'd tell us pretty quickly.

duk

Banned
So...

Japan: 400k sold during the first morning on sale (sold out)
America: 600k sold in the first 8 days

+

Europe: 325k in two days

=

=

nexgenwars.com is right on the money??

vasuba

Banned
duk said:
So...

Japan: 400k sold during the first morning on sale (sold out)
America: 600k sold in the first 8 days

+

Europe: 325k in two days

=

=

nexgenwars.com is right on the money??

NOA has shipped 75K-120K every week since launch so theres at least another 350K in the US alone since launch id imagine then Japans gotten more shipments and europe is saying daily shipments. so 2 millions definetly been broken. VGcharts has reported 2 million hit with

0.63m Japan
0.96m Americas
0.41m Others

Best buy is confirmed to be sitting on thier shipments for the last big weekend before christmas week. they are saying 17th lots will be available to buy

I'd love to play Zelda right about now but my sister and her boyfriend are playing Wii Sports. And a friend of mine after playing my wii last weekend now intends to buy one, provided he can find one obviously.

Top Bottom