• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Securities: NX will be unveiled in June and released October-November

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

Nintendo (7974.Japan/NTDOY) slipped 5% in Tokyo after Nomura Securities said the mysterious new console NX, to be unveiled this June, will cannibalize the existing sales of 3DS and Wii U.

According to analyst Junko Yamamura, Nintendo will make NX available by 2016 year-end’s shopping season. Nomura expects Nintendo to announce the “concept” sometime between March and May, unveil the actual console in June, and launch it between October and November. “We think the NX will start to boost operating profits in 18/3, when it will have been on the market for a full year and will have a line-up of software titles, which carry high operating margins.”
http://blogs.barrons.com/asiastocks...nomura-cuts-target/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo

I know this isn't straight from Nintendo, but it seems more reputable to me than fan speculation and whatever.

Shinra Technologies and Nomura Securities news today ? Wow

I don't know if the source is credible, but the E3 will be really interesting this year if it's true.

It does seem really soon but it does make sense considering all the kind of filler titles we had in 2015 and the need to leave Wii U far behind. I'm ready whenever Nintendo is

Crayolan

Every direct up until E3 is going to be people hyping themselves up for NX news, getting let down, and then calling Nintendo crazy for not revealing it already.

Neoxon

Seems a bit late for a reveal. Though it's interesting that they said that that the "concept" will canibalize both Wii U & 3DS sales.

Gaspard

I think it'll be more of a reveal of it's structure/form factor in March (in a Direct), and pricing/release date in June (at E3).

RK128

Not really surprising and it lines up with many of us are assuming:
-Hints or teasers for Feb/March/April
-Official information roll-out during Nintendo's E3 Direct or Press Conference
-Launch sometime in November

I would think they would do a proper announcement before E3 but Nintendo likes to surprise people, so an official announcement during their E3 event would be realistic :).

With it coming out this year, the question of launch line up comes to mind and I think it might be this in terms of Nintendo-published titles:
-Zelda U Port
-Pikmin 3
-Amiibo-Centric title

Some post-launch Nintendo titles could be this too:
-3D Mario: Feb/March 2017
-Animal Crossing: Summer 2017
-Smash Bros. Wii U Remaster/Port/Ect: June 2017
-Platinum Games Project: Summer 2017
-Retro Studios Project: Fall 2017

Trago

Cannibalizing Wii U and 3DS sales?

post-42727-justin-timberlake-customer-12-JbVz.gif

That hybrid talk will never go away will it?

Kriken

I think the idea of them unveiling the concept in a Nintendo Direct is plausible with e3 being the big reveal a la PS4/XB1

Neoxon

I think at this point it's safe to say is a hybrid
Iwata already said that it won't be a hybrid in the sense that it'll be one device that you can dock or take with you. That is unless you meant multiple form factors by the term "hybrid".

June seems a bit late. Would like some news a bit earlier.
These smaller hype cycles seem to work out well enough, I guess
Edit; March as stated in the article is fine.
Seems like speculation though, basically what I've been saying

That's almost a year - how is more time needed?
June to November is nothing. Meanwhile everyone's image of Nintendo for half the year is going to be centered around a Wii U and 3DS past their expiration dates. We should be seeing the final box and specs by March at the latest. Leave the games for E3.

RK128

Cannibalize 3DS AND Wii U sales, eh? :-D

Mmm.......hybrid confirmed then :)?

I mean, it taking over Wii U sales is a given but 3DS sales? Why say that when the system appears to have a decent year for NA/EU markets? I guess its due to it being a hybrid console after all.

The question is which comes out first, how they are releasing each part or if they are both coming out this year.

Trago

Iwata already said that it won't be a hybrid in the sense that it'll be one device that you can dock or take with you. That is unless you meant multiple form factors by the term "hybrid".

I've accepted that the hybrid talk won't go away until Nintendo shows otherwise lol.

dickroach

yeah, he had those quotes about wanting to do something like iOS. I think there'll be an NXTV and an NX5 / NX7 / NX9 or something that all run the same software

Nameless

2016 release? This thing has to be backwards compatible with the Wii, Wii U, and DS to carry it on the software front. A catch all stationary & mobile Nintendo console.

Kinsei

Banned
Reveal in June? The same month that everyone else is going to be showing off their new stuff? You'd think they would want to reveal it earlier when they have the spotlight to themselves.

Neoxon

Mmm.......hybrid confirmed then :)?

I mean, it taking over Wii U sales is a given but 3DS sales? Why say that when the system appears to have a decent year for NA/EU markets? I guess its due to it being a hybrid console after all.

The question is which comes out first, how they are releasing each part or if they are both coming out this year.
As stated before, didn't Iwata already shoot down the idea of a hybrid in that sense before he died? The multiple form factor theory seems more plausible in this case.

The Pre-E3 hype is going to be insane.
I'm already hyped. Really hoping for a return to form for Nintendo here.

A Mario comparable to Galaxy, something like Super Metroid in full 3D, Tekken 7 port, a new F-Zero, surprise Sega game not Sonic (probably gonna be Sonic) and under-appreciated Ubisoft FPS out of the gate would be extremely impressive and get the ball rolling. Maybe even challenge XBO to the long-term 2nd place spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom