• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Securities: NX will be unveiled in June and released October-November

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

I fully expect no BC and remasters of "hit games" out of the wazoo.

I see that too, mainly so for the Mario Kart and Splatoon teams if the sequels need more time to make. I wrote off the ideal of Mario Kart 8 Complete and Splatoon NX happening due to likely sequels coming out in 2017 but if those need more time, remasters of those games could very likely happen close or post launch.

Smash NX, Xenoblade X, #FE, Star Fox Zero, and more Wii U games to come to NX post launch to help with long game droughts.

Pif

Banned
I pray for backwards compatibility on both platforms. Sold my 3DS early, and skipped the Wii U.

Josh5890

Smash NX, Xenoblade X, #FE, Star Fox Zero, and more Wii U games to come to NX post launch to help with long game droughts.

It's not launch day that I worry about with Nintendo. It is the first 6 -10 months after launch. The Wii did a great job with early content. The Wii-U not so much.

orochi91

They're gonna need some serious BC + 3rd party software to carry this thing if it launches in 2016.

That Persona 5 delay seems suspicious now...

Trago

So if this rumor is to be believed, then it's basically how Sony handled the PS4's reveal. I'm ok with that. Only this time, actually show the box. It's one thing to introduce us to your new concept, but we'll need a physical thing to attach that concept to in our minds. And it saves us from months of having to deal with crummy internet mock ups.

RK128

It's not launch day that I worry about with Nintendo. It is the first 6 -10 months after launch. The Wii did a great job with early content. The Wii-U not so much.

That was what I meant then. I must have meant 'launch window' (which is year one of the console).

The Wii was great for Nintendo support but the Wii U was.....not sadly :(. So, I would imagine the roll out of remasters/ports being this:
-Smash NX Spring 2017
-Xenoblade X NX Summer 2017
-Mario Maker Plus for Late Summer 2017
-#FE NX for Jan/Feb 2017

I really hope they dont fuck it up with the launch games , with the PS4 and Xbone in their third year, they cant afford long droughts either.

HotHamBoy

I don't recall much good for the Wii beyond launch titles in that first year. The DS and 3DS both had dry first years as well.

RK128

They're gonna need some serious BC + 3rd party software to carry this thing if it launches in 2016.

That Persona 5 delay seems suspicious now...

Welp, we got our first launch game for NX guys :D!

Thinking about it, they have a great connection to Atlus AND Sega, so working with them to get Persona 5 as a NX launch title would be very smart in pushing console sales.

Josh5890

So if this rumor is to be believed, then it's basically how Sony handled the PS4's reveal. I'm ok with that. Only this time, actually show the box. It's one thing to introduce us to your new concept, but we'll need a physical thing to attach that concept to in our minds. And it saves us from months of having to deal with crummy internet mock ups.

Actually, I liked how Sony handled it. They should off the DS4, proving that they were finally making necessary changes to the long standing Playstation controller. The box is nothing we haven't seen before really. A disc slot, usb ports, av ports, and a power cord.

However depending on what ever the hell Nintendo has up their sleeves, showing the box might not be a bad idea.

-Horizon-

I see that too, mainly so for the Mario Kart and Splatoon teams if the sequels need more time to make. I wrote off the ideal of Mario Kart 8 Complete and Splatoon NX happening due to likely sequels coming out in 2017 but if those need more time, remasters of those games could very likely happen close or post launch.

I still feel like Splatoon won't be a remaster and we'll just get a sequel a year after instead but I know there's nothing that is holding back a remaster from happening.

3rd party late ports to the rescue!... lol

That was what I meant then. I must have meant 'launch window' (which is year one of the console).

The Wii was great for Nintendo support but the Wii U was.....not sadly :(. So, I would imagine the roll out of remasters/ports being this:
-Smash NX Spring 2017
-Xenoblade X NX Summer 2017
-Mario Maker Plus for Late Summer 2017
-#FE NX for Jan/Feb 2017

None of this will happen.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Seems decent. I think a pre-E3 basic reveal, followed by an E3 blowout, then a November release would be ideal. But even this would be infinitely better than letting interest rot for a year and a half between E3 2016 and November 2017. Year and a half "hype cycles" for consoles need to be dead and buried.

Trago

Actually, I liked how Sony handled it. They should off the DS4, proving that they were finally making necessary changes to the long standing Playstation controller. The box is nothing we haven't seen before really. A disc slot, usb ports, av ports, and a power cord.

However depending on what ever the hell Nintendo has up their sleeves, showing the box might not be a bad idea.

Which is exactly why they'll have to show off hardware from the get go. They can't afford to miscommunicate a thing.

Josh5890

I don't recall much good for the Wii beyond launch titles in that first year. The DS and 3DS both had dry first years as well.

First half of 2007 saw WarioWare, Wii Play (they practically gave away a Wiimote), Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Mario Strikers Charged. That doesn't even include the 3rd Party support, which was almost on par given the console's limitations. I consider that a very decent first back end of the 1st year on the market.

RK128

It makes sense if they're gonna launch this year, as they'll need some compelling 3rd party titles.

I think we should expect some surprise ports for the NX this year.

Nintendo could have a really great launch line up if everything pans our right:
-Persona 5
-Final Fantasy XV
-Dragon Quest XI (JP First)
-Neir 2
-Sonic 25th Anniversary
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
-God Eater Collection (Resurrection and 2 Rage Burst)
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-Batman Arkham Knight
-Mad Max
-Deus Ex Mankind Divided
-Maden
-Fifa
-Mirrors Edge Reboot
-Mass Effect 4
-Battlefield
-TMNT Mutants of Manhattan
-Call of Duty
-Watch Dogs 2
-Some Rayman game

Looks really damn good to me if all of that happens :). Not likely at all, but would be impressive to say the least.

Josh5890

Seems decent. I think a pre-E3 basic reveal, followed by an E3 blowout, then a November release would be ideal. But even this would be infinitely better than letting interest rot for a year and a half between E3 2016 and November 2017. Year and a half "hype cycles" for consoles need to be dead and buried.

Considering the attention span of the internet today, I absolutely agree with that last statement.

JazzmanZ

Some of you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening with those expectations about what the launch games should be.
Better to keep them low instead, otherwise you won't go into frothing rage in the E3 thread because Nintendo didn't match your dream.

Guymelef

-Persona 5
-Final Fantasy XV
-Neir 2
-Sonic 25th Anniversary
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
-God Eater Collection (Resurrection and 2 Rage Burst)
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-Batman Arkham Knight
-Mad Max
-Deus Ex Mankind Divided
-Maden
-Fifa
-Mirrors Edge Reboot
-Mass Effect 4
-TMNT Mutants of Manhattan
-Watch Dogs 2
-Some Rayman game

Looks really damn good to me if all of that happens :). Not likely at all, but would be impressive to say the least.

Of course, are they going to pay to dev all those ports?...

RK128

Of course, are they going to pay to dev all those ports?

Note how I said not likely at the bottom of the games list.

If anything I only expect the JP games I listed to be part of the launch and very little (if not no) western third parties to support the console.

Neoxon

I pray for backwards compatibility on both platforms. Sold my 3DS early, and skipped the Wii U.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'd require the NX Handheld to have two screens & the NX Console to use PowerPC, both of which would get in the way of the whole "shared platform" thing.

RK128

None of this will happen.

What makes you say that? Smash NX (using Smash 4's base and porting it to the NX) would be smart for Nintendo as it would have a big game ready for post-launch support and ensure the Smash series lands on their new console very quickly.

I think you are right about Mario Maker, as they would just make a new version of that for 2017 at some point.

I don't see them re-releasing Splatoon or MK8. MK8 was released in 2014. The MK team has been releasing new games every 2-3 years. So I think they'll probably be good with another MK title in 2017. Splatoon will not get a re-release onto NX. Splatoon has the potential to be a MK/Smash level franchise with Nintendo. Re-releasing it would be poor franchise management. Splatoon needs a sequel that expands and fleshes out everything that the original established. Also Splatoon is like Smash and Kart that they are really once a generation titles.

Given Iwata's comments about NX absorbing 3DS and Wii U as well as the new account systems. I'm guessing they will have a new solution that will allow you to play all the games you bought digitally on NX. Either through the eshop or through some sort of new cloud streaming service where you can stream the game off the cloud. Those would be my guesses.

Josh5890

For what it is worth, if Nintendo has their traditional Tuseday of E3 press conference/Digital event again, we are exactly 23 weeks out from a potentially epic day.

wapplew

-Neir 2

Those 2 very likely to miss 2016 thou. Maybe put them into second wave titles.

RK128

Some of you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening with those expectations about what the launch games should be.
Better to keep them low instead, otherwise you won't go into frothing rage in the E3 thread because Nintendo didn't match your dream.

I'm expecting nothing out of Nintendo's E3 but to only show off more of Zelda U, 3D Mario being announced for NX, more info on Pikmin 4 to be announced and Retro's new IP to be officially announced. That's it in my book.

Just fun making lists of what could happen :).

Is this of surprise to anyone? Whomever thought they'd launch the WiiU beyond 2016 is out of their mind. They've gotta get new hardware out the door as soon as they're ready, the WiiU and 3DS have both run their course without question. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom