• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Securities: NX will be unveiled in June and released October-November

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting a March release. If they do it this year, it'll be exciting to see what the rollout is.

I've been seeing the telltale signs of a Nintendo drought for wiiu and 3ds this year. Similar to how it was during the last year of N64 and GC. Promises of we won't abandon current hardware(usually a guarantee of new hardware right away). Weird game delays on completed titles(Yoshi was out in EU 6 months before US), filler titles that don't have the usual bells and whistles(Mario tennis and Amiibo Festival). Footing the bill for the 2 Dragon Quest 3DS localizations. There's a handfull of big releases left, but I'll honestly be surprised if there are any Nintendo developed titles for wiiu/3ds come fall.

I dunno, I mean pokemon is generally kind of a fall release, assuming they finish gen 6 on the 3DS.

Sadist

The rumor is fake just by the fact that it could be catastrophic for nintendo to drag wiiU until 2018. I mean this year they got like 3? games, 2 of these are possibly destined to bomb(#fe,starfox)
Retail releases? Six. Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero, Mario & Luigi at the 2016 Olympics, #FE, Pokken Tournament and Zelda Wii U.

Calling Ubileaks
Haha, yeah, Ubisoft leaking stuff in the next few months wouldn't surprise me.

Retail releases? Six. Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero, Mario & Luigi at the 2016 Olympics, #FE, Pokken Tournament and Zelda Wii U.

Third party leaks might be kind of comforting, at least that way we know there will be third party support.

Papacheeks

Banned
Precisely. Unless you have a knack for the stereotypical Nintendo aesthetic and have little interest in anything else, you will eventually buy a PlayStation, Xbox or PC alongside your Nintendo console, if not switch completely to one of the others. As long as game consumers can't grow up with just a Nintendo system because the latter refuse to develop mainstream IPs that appeal to an older demographic or invest in new studios that will do it for them, their platforms will continue to be seen as something you ditch for a PlayStation or Xbox once you reach your pre-teens, barring another flash-in-the-pan phenomenon like the Wii.

Couldn't agree more. It's my whole point when talking to Sadist, and it's like he doesn't see that Wii u is doing worse than gamecube, and it had different genre games for different age groups.
Wii and Wii U didn't. Minus I guess games they didn't promote and let die like MadWorld, Bayonetta 2, Zombie U.

If they think that a streamlined Nintendo console targeted for same age group as Wii U is going to be successful they are in for some harsh reality.
And if you can make Metroid Prime almost M rated, why not have other games made by exclusive contracts, and help curate a library that caters to Nintendo's primary age group, and the existing one that is mainly bringing the bigger money in the industry?

As we all know, realistic visuals and modern production values (voice, facial animations, CGI, etc) cost a shitton of money. Nintendo have spouted ideological reasons for a lack of such games on their consoles, but I think it boils down to cost and the risk that an audience for such realistic titles may never thrive on their platforms in the current landscape. We've seen them publish mature/realistic titles in recent years (Fatal Frame, Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden 3 in NA), but they've all been fairly low cost investments.

Problem is though those games you listed were complete shit mostly. Nija Giaden 3 was shit on ps3,360, devils third was rejected after having ton's of internal trouble developing the game for PS3/360. And fatal frame is not the same series it use to be.

If Nintendo focused, and broadened what they can offer, and understand that people will buy Mario Maker type games because they are social experiences like minecraft, then other people who are into more core games should also be offered games that will entice them into NIntendo's ecosystem. Person who bought the more mature games probably might pick up smash or mario kart to play online with this friends or family.

Unless nintendo's expands it's age group it's going to be another Wii U situation, with front loaded launch sales, and dwindling post launch sales to follow through out the consoles life cycle.
They need to understand they are not the only option for the age group they mostly pursue.

If by diversify you mean "they should do stuff like the other platformholders" isn't really diversifying. It's getting into a me too market in which they have fight off two consoles and their expertise in those genres. I feel that would be a waste of money. As for Bayo 2 and TW101, those are games from Platinum. Nintendo could have marketed those to hell and back and stil they wouldn't have sold well.

IF you seriously can't understand that Nintendo's target demographic is within a specific age group and that age group is slowly being swayed with other devices for family friendly entertainment then I don't know what else there is to talk about.
Not promoting and advertising your system for a age group that actually spends more than the one they have been targeting for decades is a huge mistake.

ANd you putting words in my mouth about other "Platformholders" being what I'm talking about sounds like your salty or something?
So you want NIntendo to keep directing their focus on a specific target audience that has slowly moved away from them? Because to say they don't look and see how much money is being brought in from different age groups, is asinine.

They need to be diverse, and no they don't have to be like "other platform holders". Gamecube was it's own thing that was marketed wrong, but had diversity in the age groups it was trying to attract. Nintendo didn't even try that again, even though the gamecube has been a bigger success than Wii u.
They can make games for a older age group and still keep it Nintendo fresh. I don't understand why your so against them trying to attract people who potentially buy more than the age group they usually target. It's like you want to keep them making the same type of colorful games that are for younger age groups. ANd I'm not saying they have to stop, I'm saying offer something else for when those kids get older. ANd possibly get other people in on the console for different reasons other than their legacy mario games.

Vena

Couldn't agree more. It's my whole point when talking to Sadist, and it's like he doesn't see that Wii u is doing worse than gamecube, and it had different genre games for different age groups. Wii and Wii U didn't. Minus I guess games they didn't promote and let die like MadWorld, Bayonetta 2, Zombie U.

Bayonetta 2 was promoted, heck the character is now part of the lexicon to a rather surprising degree (strangely enough).

So you want NIntendo to keep directing their focus on a specific target audience that has slowly moved away from them? Because to say they don't look and see how much money is being brought in from different age groups, is asinine.

Said audience (casuals, children) has left the console space entirely, though they still exist in some capacity on the 3DS (and comparatively highly on the WiiU/360/Wii vs. anything else on the market). What you're espousing is simply further contraction and inward conservatism of the industry (in what is effectively a zerosum game over the last vestiges of console goers) that will ultimately kill the market's potential to expand (as has obviously become the case). Someone has to cater to this audience, otherwise even those pre-teens/teens growing up will eventually not have an interest in consoles either as they will have, simply put, never entered the environment for them.

killroy87

Man, I hope this thing comes out this fall. I can't wait.

And anyone who thinks that, if NX does indeed release this fall, we won't have another Twilight Princess situation with Zelda on both platforms, is downright nuts.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I saw few people brought up something about reliable insider information, so I'm curious what kind of information did they already shared with us?

Nintendo not making a line of remasters for Wii U was one of their biggest missed opportunities to expand their line-up in a really cheap and easy manner, seeing as WWHD apparently only took 6 months to make IIRC.

Hopefully Tantalus is hired to be Nintendo's Bluepoint and makes many remasters on NX where their original devs would be hard to reach for them (busy or virtually non-existent), like Xenoblade Chronicles Wii and The Last Story for example. They can get other devs to do other remasters like Bee Tribe to port again Bayo 1 and this time Bayo 2 to NX (they actually helped out on Bayo 2's development also).

Especially with Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash and if she will be in Smash 5 on NX, this could be a great idea. I feel her inclusion should've been planned from the start which would've been BRILLIANT marketing for Bayo 1&2's launch on Wii U.

Also I wonder how Tantalus are handling remastering a Japanese-developed game (as they're Australian), I think it's their first ever IIRC. They must be using the English localization as the base? Same as what Monster used for Xenoblade 3D I guess. :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I saw few people brought up something about reliable insider information, so I'm curious what kind of information did they already shared with us?

to summarize, not that much.

- it seems that actually NX will not be just one console
- the portable (or the screen of a new gamepad? we don't know) should be 540p
- the console (the portable or the home? we don't know) will not be weaker than the Wii U (it would be very good for the portable, not that much for the home: the "leak" doesn't say that it is MORE powerful)

that's all.

AdanVC

Jesus. Very few games coming for Wii U... of those six games, I'm only interested in TPHD, Star Fox and Zelda U :( I don't think they have more unnanounced games to release on Wii U this year. Maybe Pikmin 4 but I don't get my hopes up yet. What if Pikmin 4 it's a launch title for NX?

killroy87

Jesus. Very few games coming for Wii U... of those six games, I'm only interested in TPHD, Star Fox and Zelda U :( I don't think they have more unnanounced games to release on Wii U this year. Maybe Pikmin 4 but I don't get my hopes up yet. What if Pikmin 4 it's a launch title for NX?

Yeah, when we have to include the Mario Olympics game as an actual release, you know you're stretching.

And Pikmin 4 could absolutely be a launch title, that would be awesome. Zelda and Pikmin for NX launch!

Papacheeks

Banned
Bayonetta 2 was promoted, heck the character is now part of the lexicon to a rather surprising degree (strangely enough).

Said audience (casuals, children) has left the console space entirely, though they still exist in some capacity on the 3DS (and comparatively highly on the WiiU/360/Wii vs. anything else on the market). What you're espousing is simply further contraction and inward conservatism of the industry (in what is effectively a zerosum game over the last vestiges of console goers) that will ultimately kill the market's potential to expand (as has obviously become the case). Someone has to cater to this audience, otherwise even those pre-teens/teens growing up will eventually not have an interest in consoles either as they will have, simply put, never entered the environment for them.

People who buy amiibo's are mostly the hardcore Nintendo fanbase. So saying because a "collectible" character figure is the same as promoting it on commercial's, show room floors, and having a promotional bundle is kind of reaching.

Go look at W101 as well, that games was left out to die. Games that have done well have been well promoted and bundled. Splatoon, Mario maker. All the people like Patrick Kelptick, Giantbomb playing making levels have helped that game spread out among audiences.

Where was all that for Bayonetta 2, or W101? or even Pikmin 3 for that matter.

If Nintendo gave a shit about games that said M for mature, or had darker themes, and promoted them by using social media and stopped content blocking these genre's, and different age group games would be doing well.

Bayonetta was a small exclusive type of players, because it's original was only around 2 million across 2 platforms.

But go look at games like RE4 for gamecube that where announced, shown, and promoted, it did close to 2 million. But I will admit it was resident evil, so it had the backing of a brand, unlike eternal darkness. But to me that's more to do with the way Nintedno showed, and promoted the console when it launched. Blue-purplish console with a handle, and bright colored buttons, will attract it's main demo graphic.

I do believe if they actually put down their content monitoring walls, and let youtubers help them show off their games, along with giving equal commercial exposure with these types of games as they do with Mario kart, then can do well.

I never said Nintendo has to stop making games they are good at, but I do know that when they contract, or oversee something that's a older audience game is usually turns out pretty damn well.

killroy87

Also, my guess is on NX launching with a proper amiibo game, the likes of a Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

They need to make good on these, and reignite the demand.

Vena

People who buy amiibo's are mostly the hardcore Nintendo fanbase. So saying because a "collectible" character figure is the same as promoting it on commercial's, show room floors, and having a promotional bundle is kind of reaching.

What are you talking about? What Amiibos? Stop trying to re-write history to fit with whatever alternate reality you've been observing, Bayonetta 2 was given a commercial run, promotional bundle (hello inclusion of Bayo1 for free), and regular coverage from E3 to their YouTube channel.

If Nintendo gave a shit about games that said M for mature, or had darker themes, and promoted them by using social media and stopped content blocking these genre's, and different age group games would be doing well.

So Bayonetta 2?

hatchx

Banned
I was expecting a March release. If they do it this year, it'll be exciting to see what the rollout is.

I've been seeing the telltale signs of a Nintendo drought for wiiu and 3ds this year. Similar to how it was during the last year of N64 and GC. Promises of we won't abandon current hardware(usually a guarantee of new hardware right away). Weird game delays on completed titles(Yoshi was out in EU 6 months before US), filler titles that don't have the usual bells and whistles(Mario tennis and Amiibo Festival). Footing the bill for the 2 Dragon Quest 3DS localizations. There's a handfull of big releases left, but I'll honestly be surprised if there are any Nintendo developed titles for wiiu/3ds come fall.

Will wiiU/3DS releases matter if NX hits in the fall?

I'm pretty happy we are atleast getting Star Fox, Pokken, FE#, and Zelda for WiiU this year. That's lightyears better than Gamecube's 2006 or Wii's 2011/2012.

one thing that might make a difference is Square Enix,

if all those "first on PS" things appear on NX, specially FF7R-1 and FF15 on launch or near launch, then they are on to something.

I don't think the call of duty gamer will ever care for nintendo but the PS gamer that cares for japanese stuff may buy into the NX thing if they feel confident enough that it will be supported.

That is the equivalent of "All these Wii U 3rd party games aren't announced yet because of NDAs".At this point it's pretty clear the "first on PS" will end up on PC, as it's Square-Enix strategy.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just chiming in with a little something regarding the dev portal, which I enabled extended access to once more. Nothing on there regarding NX, at least in the domains I can access without intrusion. Though I heard of a new version of the Wii U SDK becoming available in late December. I don't know what the updates were, but I assume library extensions for amiibo, and things dealing with My Nintendo etc. The forums on the dev portal may contain an NX section, but I can't access those without further authentication. Note that most of the SDSG came back from the holidays on January 4, so not everything is up to speed just yet likely.

Retail releases? Six. Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero, Mario & Luigi at the 2016 Olympics, #FE, Pokken Tournament and Zelda Wii U..

More evidence of Nintendo's internal teams being devoted to the NX. Of those, only two are first-party (one of them only half), one's an arcade port, one's a remaster, one's a belated localization, and only one of those games was announced after 2014.

Snakeyes

That is the equivalent of "All these Wii U 3rd party games aren't announced yet because of NDAs".At this point it's pretty clear the "first on PS" will end up on PC, as it's Square-Enix strategy.

I'm not gonna say that something like FF7R will make its way to NX for sure, but the verbiage used for something that will also end up on PC is "Console Exclusive", not "First on ___".

This is what I've been saying. We don't even know what NX is yet. Expecting FFXV on NX for example, when SE can barely get Luminous Engine to play nice with PS4 and Xbox One is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

AdanVC

Yeah, when we have to include the Mario Olympics game as an actual release, you know you're stretching.

And Pikmin 4 could absolutely be a launch title, that would be awesome. Zelda and Pikmin for NX launch!

Those two games plus a brand new 3D Mario would be the best launch lineup ever. It would be too risky to launch 2 big games of their two biggest IPs on the same day but god damn they need to take the risk.

Rösti;191610590 said:
Just chiming in with a little something regarding the dev portal, which I enabled extended access to once more. Nothing on there regarding NX, at least in the domains I can access without intrusion. Though I heard of a new version of the Wii U SDK becoming available in late December. I don't know what the updates were, but I assume library extensions for amiibo, and things dealing with My Nintendo etc. The forums on the dev portal may contain an NX section, but I can't access those without further authentication. Note that most of the SDSG came back from the holidays on January 4, so not everything is up to speed just yet likely.

Thanks for the info. It's slowly happening!

More evidence of Nintendo's internal teams being devoted to the NX. Of those, only two are first-party (one of them only half), one's an arcade port, one's a remaster, one's a belated localization, and only one of those games was announced after 2014.

I just want to know what the heck has Retro been doing!! The Naughty Dog of Nintendo.

Sandfox

That's not really an accurate comparison at this point in time imo.

Papacheeks

Banned
What are you talking about? What Amiibos? Stop trying to re-write history to fit with whatever alternate reality you've been observing, Bayonetta 2 was given a commercial run, promotional bundle (hello inclusion of Bayo1 for free), and regular coverage from E3 to their YouTube channel.

So Bayonetta 2?

DUde? There's a huge difference in having a 30 second trailer that is made up of just game footage, vs a whole marketing campaign.

Look at This:

compared to Bayonetta 2 and W101 which if yous search you won't find any tv commercials for. Only trailers from their shows will be found for W101.

Right now marketing with yourtube, and doing a campain is the way to go it's worked for Destiny, uncharted, Halo, Mario Maker and even splatoon had awesome commercials with either catchy music or unique trailer.
Bayonetta 2 was like every other resident evil, capcom game trailer.
And the one I posted I didn't see them promoting a bundle in that commercial for it.
Please go look at how much splatoon, Mario maker, SMash, and mario kart were shown at their directs, treehouse. Ton's of coverage.
Look at Bayonetta's with a translator

Here's Zombie U where they basically had to explain the concept of the console and the game. Your right such great advertising and promotion.
My whole argument is these games do not get treated equally, and that is why there is a huge discrepancy in awareness to buyers, and sales for these games compared to Nintendo's first party.
Which is why games targeted towards an older age group dont do well. Nintendo does all for shit when it comes to games like those. Look at Mad world. WHy have it at all if they treated it in the way they did.
Consecutively they have done shit to promote anything platinum does, or games that are not big franchise games.

It's like you fail to see why these games end up the way they do? It's like you don;t see how 3DS has games that are more mature and do well, because of how they are promoted compared to the their home console counter part.
Here's a 3DS list of mature games just off of Gamestop
And a lot are from well established series like Resident evil, persona.
Unless the game is from a series that's proven on their console they do but shit to market it in the same vein almost as their first party games.

So your saying this is all part of my own narrative?
So I was wrong on the Amiibo for bayonetta 2, forgot that rumor a while back got debunked. But everything else I showed you somewhat backs up what I'm saying.

Roo

Hope they're working on Donkey Kong tbqh.
Not only I love the franchise and tight platforming but the meltdowns over yet another Donkey Kong game by Retro would be delicious.

Plus a third game would be a sweet number to close the circle.

Do it, Retro. Do it :D

RPGamer92

Banned
Not only I love the franchise and tight platforming but the meltdowns over yet another Donkey Kong game by Retro would be delicious.

Please no, Nintendo doesn't need another platformer.

Arkam

Please no, Nintendo doesn't need another platformer.

I actually think they need more. Just not more DK. They need more 3d platformers in the vein of Mario64 & Banjo. The game I am most excited for on 2016 (all platforms) is Yooka Laylee. I would love to see Nintendo fund a new IP like that. (Or pick them up for the sequel even)

I agree. DKCR 3 would be awesome.

That'd be a bit on the low-end for the NX Console, which would be bad news for Epic-approved UE4 support.

Are you forgetting that UE4 runs on mobile? It's not a question of whether NX *can* run the engine at all, just one of how easily it can handle ports from PS4/XB1/PC.

Well, and whether Epic deems the interest in the platform sufficient to justify officially porting the engine, but I'd be less concerned about that.

AdanVC

Nooooooo plz :( Gotta admit I'm also curious to see the massive meltdowns on the internet but the least thing Nintendo needs right now are more 2d platformers. Besides, Tropical Freeze bombed pretty badly (unfortunately) and I don't think they are gonna go ahead anyway and make a third one like if nothing happened.

They are gonna make a third DKC game isn'it? :(

Type40

Will wiiU/3DS releases matter if NX hits in the fall?

I'm pretty happy we are atleast getting Star Fox, Pokken, FE#, and Zelda for WiiU this year. That's lightyears better than Gamecube's 2006 or Wii's 2011/2012.

If the NX comes out in fall, then WiiU and 3DS might as well be dead at that point. They'll have very few newer titles left to help sell off the remaining 3DS stock.

It will be interesting if Zelda is WiiU only, WiiU/NX or NX only.

Yah, the meltdowns would be perfect.

gamerMan

I hope that Nintendo can be successful with this. Sony and Microsoft sort of left the door wide open as there is no real must have title on either platform.

I am the biggest Nintendo fan because I grew with their games and want to see them succeed. The company's last big releases on the Wii U, Mario Maker and Splatoon. are completely different from anything on the market and give me great hope. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo needs a fast start out of the gate.

If Nintendo releases Super Mario Maker 3d or Zelda U, I'll be there on day one. I'm addicted to Super Mario Maker like no other.

Papacheeks

Banned
I hope that Nintendo can be successful with this. Sony and Microsoft sort of left the door wide open as there is no real must have title on either platform.

I am the biggest Nintendo fan because I grew with their games and want to see them succeed. The company's last big releases on the Wii U, Mario Maker and Splatoon. are completely different from anything on the market and give me great hope. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo needs a fast start out of the gate.

If Nintendo releases Super Mario Maker 3d or Zelda U, I'll be there on day one. I'm addicted to Super Mario Maker like no other.

Don't start this man.

Nintendo makes great games, and SO do Microsoft and Sony. If they don't have what you like then that's your personal preference.

Phoenixus

I actually think they need more. Just not more DK. They need more 3d platformers in the vein of Mario64 & Banjo. The game I am most excited for on 2016 (all platforms) is Yooka Laylee. I would love to see Nintendo fund a new IP like that. (Or pick them up for the sequel even)

Going off on a tangent slightly, but I wonder if Yooka-Laylee could also release on NX around the time it releases as normal. I selected the WiiU version as my copy but if that happens I hope they'd let me switch!

thefro

Going off on a tangent slightly, but I wonder if Yooka-Laylee could also release on NX around the time it releases as normal. I selected the WiiU version as my copy but if that happens I hope they'd let me switch!

That's built in Unity, so it should be fairly easy for them to port over in theory.

The_Lump

Banned
Rösti;191610590 said:

Nice investigating as always Rosti, thanks for all the info :)

I'm waiting for the words "New Secret Platform" to pop up on certain release notes again, then we'll start to get an idea of how far off this thing is ;)

Taker666

If it happens..it shows nothing has been learned. It won't sell and won't push hardware sales.

DK as a character still has potential ..but Nintendo's side-scrolling platformers just aren't selling (outside of Mario Maker).

If Nintendo are making a DK game it should either be a full 3D platformer, a family shooter ala Splatoon, a Diddy Kong Racing sequel...or a classic DK maker for $10-$20. DKC is DOA.

Sandfox

DUde? There's a huge difference in having a 30 second trailer that is made up of just game footage, vs a whole marketing campaign.

Look at This:

compared to Bayonetta 2 and W101 which if yous search you won't find any tv commercials for. Only trailers from their shows will be found for W101.

Right now marketing with yourtube, and doing a campain is the way to go it's worked for Destiny, uncharted, Halo, Mario Maker and even splatoon had awesome commercials with either catchy music or unique trailer.
Bayonetta 2 was like every other resident evil, capcom game trailer.
And the one I posted I didn't see them promoting a bundle in that commercial for it.
Please go look at how much splatoon, Mario maker, SMash, and mario kart were shown at their directs, treehouse. Ton's of coverage.
Look at Bayonetta's with a translator

Here's Zombie U where they basically had to explain the concept of the console and the game. Your right such great advertising and promotion.
My whole argument is these games do not get treated equally, and that is why there is a huge discrepancy in awareness to buyers, and sales for these games compared to Nintendo's first party.
Which is why games targeted towards an older age group dont do well. Nintendo does all for shit when it comes to games like those. Look at Mad world. WHy have it at all if they treated it in the way they did.
Consecutively they have done shit to promote anything platinum does, or games that are not big franchise games.

It's like you fail to see why these games end up the way they do? It's like you don;t see how 3DS has games that are more mature and do well, because of how they are promoted compared to the their home console counter part.
Here's a 3DS list of mature games just off of Gamestop
And a lot are from well established series like Resident evil, persona.
Unless the game is from a series that's proven on their console they do but shit to market it in the same vein almost as their first party games.

So your saying this is all part of my own narrative?
So I was wrong on the Amiibo for bayonetta 2, forgot that rumor a while back got debunked. But everything else I showed you somewhat backs up what I'm saying.

You could argue that those games didn't get big ad campaigns on par with those other games because they knew sales wouldn't reach a level to justify it.

Papacheeks

Banned
You could argue that those games didn't get big ad campaigns on par with those other games because they knew sales wouldn't reach a level to justify it.

But how do you explain mature games like RE4 on gamecube, PERSONA on 3DS, among shin series doing pretty well?

Like I said if its a established franchise Nintendo has no problem. But if its new or something not as popular they go out of their way to make sure it dies a horrid death. Especially compared to internally made games. Metroid prime wasn't for kids it was fairly dark compared to other titles. But you bet your ass they made sure it was marketed well.

I'll wait till NX comes out and games start coming out. Watch which ones get full treatment and how well their internal IP do compared to what contract games they have.

I kind of want to take off the day that NX gets announced. Either it'll be praised as the second coming like the Wii U was or condemned to hell like the OG Wii. Either way, my GAF subscription will pay for itself.

Sandfox

But how do you explain mature games like RE4 on gamecube, PERSONA on 3DS, among shin series doing pretty well?

Like I said if its a established franchise Nintendo has no problem. But if its new or something not as popular they go out of their way to make sure it dies a horrid death. Especially compared to internally made games. Metroid prime wasn't for kids it was fairly dark compared to other titles. But you bet your ass they made sure it was marketed well.

I'll wait till NX comes out and games start coming out. Watch which ones get full treatment and how well their internal IP do compared to what contract games they have.

Those are different platforms and I think you answered your own question. The Platinum games in particular were never going to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom