• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Securities: NX will be unveiled in June and released October-November

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. People were saying the Wii U's specs were toned down towards the end. It could explain why Ideaman's hype posts ended up being worded that way and then in the end were wrong. Perhaps he was telling the truth at the time.

If I recall correctly, Ideaman's source witnessed a PS360-level game being run on the tv screen with a completely separate POV being rendered on the Gamepad. This led to the (logical perhaps) conclusion that Wii U would be a good 2x as powerful as the "HD Twins." He was pretty straight forward about this when asked later on.

Isn't "mmh" the noise you make when you agree with something? Like when your mom would ask you if you had a good day at school and you were too lazy to even open your mouth, you'd just be like, "Mmh."

Edit: Or maybe that's "mmhm?" o_O

AdanVC

True. People were saying the Wii U's specs were toned down towards the end. It could explain why Ideaman's hype posts ended up being worded that way and then in the end were wrong. Perhaps he was telling the truth at the time.

Relax. People are just joking. It's nothing serious.

I can't with this speculations. Will freeze until NX is revealed then :(

Banned
I can't with this speculations. Will freeze until NX is revealed then :(
I have infos from my sources that they're going to name it the Nintendo. They're debating Nintendo Entertainment System. The NES. They're rebooting their hardware and branding and all their IP's like DC comics did with the New 52.

Get hype.

Also, "winning the industry" is not a real life business acumen. That's the concern of fanboys and trolls. They are trying to turn a profit, first and foremost.

Thank you.

The concern shouldn't be "winning" the console war. It should be in creating a platform with a healthy software ecosystem that can make money for themselves and their partners. Getting hardware into the hands of consumers plays a big role in this, but your end goal should never revolve around just selling more than the other guy.

Banned
Thank you.

The concern shouldn't be "winning" the console war. It should be in creating a platform with a healthy software ecosystem that can make money for themselves and their partners. Getting hardware into the hands of consumers plays a big role in this, but your end goal should never revolve around just selling more than the other guy.
The term winning the industry wasn't literal. I used it to signify leading the industry in market share, mind share and profit. Selling the most consoles and software for consoles like Nintendo did with the NES, SNES, and Wii. It wasn't meant in a console war way.

Snakeyes

The term winning the industry wasn't literal. I used it to signify leading the industry in market share, mind share and profit. Selling the most consoles and software for consoles like Nintendo did with the NES, SNES, and Wii. It wasn't meant in a console war way.

Forget leading, just being part of the conversation would be a start for the time being. Right now they're basically a non-factor with a continuously declining fanbase.

Banned
Forget leading, just being part of the conversation would be a start. Right now they're basically a non-factor with a continuously declining fanbase.
I know. It's pretty sad. Especially considering what Nintendo used to be and what they did for console gaming and the industry back in the 80's.

Steejee

He's clearly saying:

Many Miniature Humans

So clearly the NX is powered by shrunken human slaves!
How dare you Nintendo!

Hermii

If I recall correctly, Ideaman's source witnessed a PS360-level game being run on the tv screen with a completely separate POV being rendered on the Gamepad. This led to the (logical perhaps) conclusion that Wii U would be a good 2x as powerful as the "HD Twins." He was pretty straight forward about this when asked later on.
I wonder what game he saw. Maybe zombi u?

-Horizon-

mmh

Magical Miku Hatsune

Miku confirmed for Smash

tumblr_mu7qk08Oyq1sg9czfo1_500.gif

Banned
Stop stroking this dudes 3 letter ego. Damn embarrassing.
I know. Smh.
Sources tell me I'm too old for this shit
You and me both.

We'll just have to wait for the invested meeting in February and Nintendo will probably drop something there. Like a date for the NX concept reveal like Sony did with the PS4 back in February 2013. Show the controller and some games. Speak about the specs. Then at E3 show the console box, more games, launch date and price.

Hermii

I know. Smh.

You and me both.

We'll just have to wait for the invested meeting in February and Nintendo will probably drop something there. Like a date for the NX concept reveal like Sony did with the PS4 back in February 2013. Show the controller and some games. Speak about the specs. Then at E3 show the console box, more games, launch date and price.
Don't expect Nintendo to reveal specs. Maybe they will show a tech demo but that's it.

Specs really doesn't mean much anyway when it comes to custom hardware.

Guys guys guys what happened in this thread? Who is IdeaMan. He just posted mmh and everyone went crazy. Why? :O
He is infamously (sorry, Ideaman ;) ) known for teasing neogaf with infomation about the Wii U prior to its release. While the infomation was later shown put the Wii U's specs in a better light than what we know now,
( see Fourth Storms's quote on the bottom) he did have infomation, and others insiders like lherre were able to vouch for him.

Fourth recently posted what could have happened.

MADGAME

Making funny speculations about the 3 letters isn't stroking anyone's anything. Get over it.

Moaning
Miserable
Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom