• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korean UN envoy says 'nuclear war may break out at any moment'

RoadHazard

Gold Member
"No, we watched and waited now for 500 years. After the last two world wars, all hope is lost. Just erase the entire planet from universe."
*ctrl alt delete*

Uh, so the aliens do a hard reboot of their own ship mid-flight, crashing into the Earth, possibly right onto NK, thus causing WW3? Great job, aliens! Dumbasses.

BriGuy

I do wonder what the rest of the NK regime thinks of all of this. For decades, their bluster was just that; they knew that their provocations would be met with a cool-headed and measured response from the US. They'd get to look like big toughies, pat themselves on the back, and life would go on.

Now their threats are being met by an unstable, geriatric manbaby who's craven and quite honestly evil enough to respond with pre-emptive nuclear force. They're probably shitting themselves behind closed doors.

SgtCobra

I read that a lot lately.
then Brexit happend. then Trump happend.

"Le Pen will win!" Didn't happen. "Wilders will win!" didn't happen. "Europe will collapse because of Greece/Southern Europe!" Didn't happen.
People have been wrong on things to happen since the start of mankind, just because Trump won and Brexit happened does not mean something as crazy and catastrophic as a nuclear war could happen. Those things are not in the same ballpark at all.

JettDash

I'm way more worried about Trump launching a first strike than NK.

Kim is rational. It isn't just me that believes that, the CIA does too.

I’m not worried for us, I’m worried for Japan and SK. Insane that they can be wiped out or close to it (even invaded) because of the whims of a couple people. Millions will lose everything because...their leaders are too young to understand world politics?

Nephtis

Nuking NK after they've launched a nuclear attack isn't a violation of any international laws. Indeed, current international relations and stability hinge entirely on there being devastating consequences for nuclear attacks.

I should have been clearer - I meant we may have several international law violations if we wipe them off the map before they launch the first missile.

Kim In-ryong told the UN general assembly’s disarmament committee that North Korea is the only country in the world that has been subjected to “such an extreme and direct nuclear threat” from the United States since the 1970s and said the country has the right to possess nuclear weapons in self-defence.

Well, all in all, Trump is sort of "justifying" their nuclear arsenal by making threats. When NK is using everything you say to make you look like the bad guy, then you really have a terrible FR direction

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am curious why people always assume MAD is in play with NK. Both China and Russia have now condemned NK, and pulled support "officially". They will not step in to help out if NK attacks. Even if The US attacked first neither would do anything but bitch. We won't attack first though, that would be bad for business. You see, the sanctions on NK are designed to do one of two things, get them to stop making a valid nuke, or force them to attack out of desperation.

If NK attacks there will be loss of life somewhere, and the US military will be justified in using highly classified tech to glass North Korea. The usage of this non nuclear tech will at first be championed as genius as no US triops will need to die, but in truth it will lead to a new world wide arms race and the militarization of space. This will be very good for the powers that be due to the massive amounts of money to be made off the blood of millions of lives.

Trump likely sees NK nuking California as a good thing politically, and will allow it to happen so he can use the toys that will make his family even richer.

If you are curious what I am talking about look up rods from god.

JettDash

I am curious why people always assume MAD is in play with NK. Both China and Russia have now condemned NK, and pulled support "officially". They will not step in to help out if NK attacks. Even if The US attacked first neither would do anything but bitch. We won't attack first though, that would be bad for business. You see, the sanctions on NK are designed to do one of two things, get them to stop making a valid nuke, or force them to attack out of desperation.

If NK attacks there will be loss of life somewhere, and the US military will be justified in using highly classified tech to glass North Korea. The usage of this non nuclear tech will lead to a new world wide arms race and the militarization of space. This will be very good for the powers that be due to the massive amounts of money to be made off the blood of millions of lives.

Trump likely sees NK nuking California as a good thing politically, and will allow it to happen so he can use the toys that will make his family even richer.

I am curious as too why you think there is some crazy non nuclear technology that can "glass" NK.

Also why you think that Trump would personally make money for it given that his business is real estate, golf courses, and running cons.

zeemumu

giphy.gif

Beartruck

Kim needs to put his boys on a leash. They're talking to Trump, probably the only person who takes their bullshit seriously.

Capra

I know this is most likely just more saber-rattling with no real intent behind it, but every goddamn time someone says something like this I can't help but feel anxious because we have fucking Trump at the helm.

KHarvey16

If NK attacks there will be loss of life somewhere, and the US military will be justified in using highly classified tech to glass North Korea. The usage of this non nuclear tech will at first be championed as genius as no US triops will need to die, but in truth it will lead to a new world wide arms race and the militarization of space. This will be very good for the powers that be due to the massive amounts of money to be made off the blood of millions of lives.

Total nonsense. Every bit of it.

Madness

Suuuuuure.

The problem is, it was never about the US but the the damage NK can do to a world city like Seoul populated by millions and what it would do to the Asian and World economy and crisis it would create in NK as the retaliation would kill millions and also cause millions to enter mainland China.

This is just further talk to bolster their own people that they are going to defeat the evil U.S. but really nothing is going to happen. At least it is Taco Tuesday.

cakely

Pretty much a desperate plea for attention at this point.

But, yeah 45's incoming bloviation isn't going to help.

Top Bottom