• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Not a) NEW METAL GEAR SOLID Game for the PSP !!

awsome!

finally a normal MGS game for the PSP

no more acid trippin

its seems this game will have a very "comic" look to it. according to the text in the blog...
maybe thats the reason why he has been in close contakt with frank miller...

Andy787

Banned
Are we positive this is a new game, and not some evil, evil way of saying MGA? Because I only see MGA2 on that list, and this is the only other PSP game..

Metal Gear Acid and Metal Gear Solid are pretty big differences in name, though..

Snaku

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Didn't Hideo Kojima say that a traditional MGS would be too difficult to execute on a handheld? Must be he changed his mind?

Who says this is a traditional MGS?

Miburou

This isn't a list of new game announcements, it's a list of all the games this guy ->(岡村憲明) has worked on.

Goreomedy said:
I was just going to post that. Comments under Hideo's blog suggests it's only the manga on UMD. :(

That's Okamura's blog (he's the producer of BD). People didn't really think Kojima was going to let that guy around a real MG did they? :p

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:
That's Okamura's blog (he's the producer of BD). People didn't really think Kojima was going to let that guy around a real MG did they? :p

So this is just the manga on umd, rather than a new game for the psp?

Andy787

Banned
So, what, is this a PSP disc of the friggin manga? Is that for sure? Could it be a game based off the manga's art style?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
A remake of the first MGS? Meh...unless it's VERY different, I feel it's just a waste of time...we already had a remake, let it rest already...:|

Edit: Oh, a digital comic...well, I guess that's better in the end. :p

haha very cool, Ashley Wood the artist behind the metal gear comics has talked for a while about his desires to take his work to the next level in digital formats and this looks like the perfect example of it, I expect this wont just be static images but ruther a simple multimedia enhanced version of his work.

Now this does make me more interested in a psp, very interested if he brings his other works to it like pop-bot or automatic kafka, maybe even he could get sam keith to do a slightly multimedia enhanced version of the maxx since that is what the old mtv series was like in many respects.

Maybe kojima's recent talks with frank miller could hint at sin city also being released on umd in a multimedia sense.

Xrenity said:

Hey. I'm from Germany. Bd. 1 means "Band" in german = "Issue" in english; the first issue of that manga series. So I dont think it has something to do with this announcement...

edit; okay, its more like "volume" than "issue", but that makes little difference :>

(junkiexxl pointed me to this thread, he cant post no more because he got banned :/ else he would have told you earlier...)

Top Bottom