• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not only are handhelds done for, CNET writer doesn't think Vita will come out in NA

Scoops

Banned
I'm not really sure who's going to buy the Vita other then hardcore gamers and Sony fanboys. What is the average consumer going to get out of the Vita they can't get with a 3DS or IOS device? That said Sony may not need people beyond their core for the platform to be a success for them.

Edit - Stealth edit

Not only will the Vita never come out, but it also will have never existed.

What will never have existed?

It would be really cool if they made a successor to the PSP with dual analog sticks.

I'm not really sure who's going to buy the Vita other then hardcore gamers and Sony fanboys. What is the average consumer going to get out of the Vita they can't get with a 3DS or IOS device? That said Sony may not need people beyond their core for the platform to be a success for them.

Not sure if serious...

This particular article is a bunch of sensationalized nonsense, but Sony as a whole is definitely not in great shape. It's not NA being biased, it's just the sad truth.

Saying that the PS3 was on the verge of death or that the PS3 would bury Sony was sensational garbage. None of that ever came to being remotely true.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not really sure who's going to buy the Vita other then Sony fanboys. What is the average consumer going to get out of the Vita they can't get with a 3DS or IOS device?

Real games with the quality of a console game. Hmm....deja vu?

Chinner

Banned
So because you restrict yourself to mostly $1 games because you're cheap, the blanket statement of saying the entire iOS is full of $1 shovelware (except for Infinity Blade 2) must be true

it's over wario. every game on the app store is $1 and is bad. you pay for what you get. on iOS you pay $1 for fart apps that you play for a minute. on the REAL handhelds you pay $40 for games that last you 5 hours and are cinematic and visceral.

It's really depressing how out of touch some of these media members are. Oh well, I'll keep supporting dedicated handheld gaming as long as the "destined to fail" systems are this impressive.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
it's over wario. every game on the app store is $1 and is bad. you pay for what you get. on iOS you pay $1 for fart apps that you play for a minute. on the REAL handhelds you pay $40 for games that last you 5 hours and are cinematic and visceral.

Real handhelds come with online passes that you have to redeem to play online. Can't do that shit with iOS gaming.

Takao

Banned
Saying that the PS3 was on the verge of death or that the PS3 would bury Sony was sensational garbage. None of that ever came to being remotely true.

Back in 2006/2007 I don't think saying those things would've been too sensational, but the media really did play it up a lot.

def sim

Yes, but Sony has lost a lot of money and brand confidence with the PS3 along with their other divisions doing poorly in general. These articles love their hyperbole, but it's not exclusive to Sony and there is definitely a lot more truth to them now than you would think.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

All real handheld games are like Tactics Ogre, all iOS games are for babby/fart app.

border

Ehhhhh, it's a "Predictions!" show -- don't be so hard on them. You're supposed to say crazy ridiculous stuff. Nobody likes predictions that don't go out on a limb a little.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ehhhhh, it's a "Predictions!" show -- don't be so hard on them. You're supposed to say crazy ridiculous stuff. Nobody likes predictions that don't go out on a limb a little.

But they are attacking my hobby and I don't like it. Real gamers play real handhelds, not $1 shovelware

waicol

Banned
Waiting for the rev... i mean the inevitable po... just fart apps disposable sh... $40 dollar for a game? are you stu...

Seriously pretty much all threads from the first page need to be merged.

Takao

Banned

It's one to thing to make a prediction like "Sony will cut the price of Vita pre-release" or something, it's another to say a device that has a NA release date set, and has begun getting store advertising is not getting released.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's one to thing to make a prediction like "Sony will cut the price of Vita pre-release" or something, it's another to say a device that has a NA release date set, and has begun getting store advertising is not getting released.

I'm probably going to the wrong stores but I haven't seen any Vita ads outside of the internet

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
What is the average customer going to get out of a separate device more specialized in what it does than the ones they already own?

I mean, smartphones killed e-ink readers too, right? Right?

Like, seriously. Device convergence is cool and all but current methods of input and quality control don't allow for the greatest experience in many cases. And there's a separate battery in your gaming device. Kind of a big plus when so many people rate Kairosoft games with comments about how they played it so much it killed their battery.

I like the way the Vita is looking. When I get more money it will definitely be a consideration.

border

Did you see the rest of the video? They say crazier shit than that. Nutzo claptrap like "Windows Phone 7 is going to have a big year!"

Chinner

Banned
i always find it amusing how we get these terrible yet predictable doom and gloom articles yet we get the same people getting offended and attacking iOS gaming.

cut it out guys, iOS gaming is fun and stuff.

December 2010: 3DS is doomed; will be crushed by PS Vita and iOS
December 2011: PS Vita is doomed; will be crushed by 3DS and iOS
December 2012: ???

December 2012: Sega releases the Dreamcast 2 only to be crushed by Apple´s new device the Idoor. The idoor will have 3 functions. Open, close and hover. These functions will be activated by touch or voice commend. The Idoor is the clear winner of next gen gaming. Sony, MS, Nintendo, pack up your bags and just don´t release a console that will make you lose a lot of money. The battle has already been won. Resistance is futile.

i always find it amusing how we get these terrible yet predictable doom and gloom articles yet we get the same people getting offended and attacking iOS gaming.

cut it out guys, iOS gaming is fun and stuff.

Eh, I've owned iOS devices since 2008 and lurk the gaming thread sometimes for deals, and play the same games you guys rave about and nothing is fun for more than a few weeks.

Takao

Banned
December 2012: Sega releases the Dreamcast 2 only to be crushed by Apple´s new device the Idoor. The idoor will have 3 functions. Open, close and hover. These functions will be activated by touch or voice commend. The Idoor is the clear winner of next gen gaming. Sony, MS, Nintendo, pack up your bags and just don´t release a console that will make you lose a lot of money. The battle has already been won. Resistance is futile.

Oh man, that iDoor thing sounds awesome, and you say it has Resistance too? Sweet!

Top Bottom