• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that 2023 is nearly over, what type of GPU are you on?

What GPU Type Are You Running?

• RTX 4000

Votes: 133 32.9%
  • RTX 3000

Votes: 143 35.4%
  • RTX 2000

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • GTX 16

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • GTX 1000 or Older

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • AMD Radeon

Votes: 64 15.8%
  • Intel Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
As we close out the year I'm just curious what type of videocard that most GAFers are currently running. The poll is multi-choice so if you have multiple systems then you can select multiple options.

Myself, I'm currently running an EVGA RTX 3090 and gaming at 4K. The card is holding up very well for me and at this rate I'll probably just stick with it until the RTX 5000 series cards come out. What about you guys?

ssringo

RTX 2080S. Plays what I want at an acceptable level. Games that want more tend to be stuff I'm not interested in or not in a hurry to play.

Probably building a new PC next year though.

I love how the Nvidia options are broken down by generation but the AMD option is just one Radeon option alongside the single Intel Arc option

Explains in 1 poll the state of the competition with Nvidia these days

I have a 3090 in my gaming PC and a 3050 in my media PC

You're probably wondering why I have a 3050 in a media PC, it's because that is literally the cheapest Nvidia option that supports HDMI 2.1

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
4090 and 4060m
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Last edited:
4090. Gonna switch it to a vertical mount tomorrow because of how sketchy this monstrosity feels dangling off a mobo even with support brackets.

Laptop is Asus Zephyrus G14 from a year and change ago, was all AMD stuff, I think the GPU is Radeon 6800H. Nice device, don't use it much.

Last edited:

Crayon

6600XT. As far as heavier games, ark ascension held up alright with the help of the tsr scaling. Cyberpunk and W3 update do great with fsr2 at the cost of making foliage and things like that raggedy.

I've been window shopping but the games I actually play all run great at 1440 so I will hold off for either a serious deal or a game that makes me do it. I thought I would upgrade for starfield, but it looks awful. I still want to try it for myself but I'm not going to buy a gpu for that. I can try it out at 1080p. The only thing interesting rn is getting a 16gb 6800 for $400, but I've never even paid that for a gpu. I'm willing to accept they got more expensive fast and I have to start spending a little more, though.

Last edited:

Akuji

Started with a rx 6900, then Switched to a rtx 3080 until i then Sold my pc and now i play on a 6800m Laptop.

Had a full Custom water cooling loop system on release when the 2080ti launched. Now iam on a Laptop.

Usb c with dp alternate Mode i can output @ 4k 120hz or as i habe now 1440p@240hz. Its actually insane how well the System runs. Had that Laptop for 2 years now and i cant complain. Not Sure if i ever go back to Custom PCs. Laptop Deals are way better then Hardware Deals anyway these days
... you can get some good Hardware from time to time. Gotta lurk for a few months but when an insane Deal comes it butchers any gpu/cpu Deal for a desktop

Smether

RTX 3060 12 GB

Bought at the height of the pandemic, but it's turned out to be good purchase. DLSS and large VRAM have held up pretty well. Definitely looking to upgrade, but with Intel launching new chips in 2024 and 50 series right around the corner I think I may as well wait a little longer.

Larxia

Still on a GTX 1080 here. Want to upgrade at some point but the current state of gpu prices is too high for me.

StereoVsn

Got a 3080Ti and will stick with that until 5000 series is out from Nvidia or AMD equivalent if they improve their FSR tech.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

6600XT. As far as heavier games, ark ascension held up alright with the help of the tsr scaling. Cyberpunk and W3 update do great with fsr2 at the cost of making foliage and things like that raggedy.

I've been window shopping but the games I actually play all run great at 1440 so I will hold off for either a serious deal or a game that makes me do it. I thought I would upgrade for starfield, but it looks awful. I still want to try it for myself but I'm not going to buy a gpu for that. I can try it out at 1080p. The only thing interesting rn is getting a 16gb 6800 for $400, but I've never even paid that for a gpu. I'm willing to accept going they got more expensive fast and I have to start spending a little more, though.
New 4070 Super may be pretty good at rumored $500 with roughly OG 4070Ti performance.

dave_d

Currently on a 3070 on my newer PC. (My old PC has a gtx 970) I'm tempted to upgrade to a 4070 Super or 4070 TI super when they come out but so far the 3070 can play everything I've thrown at it at 1440p. Actually what will probably happen is I'll do a new PC build in 2025/2026 and put in whatever is available at the $500-$800 range.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I love how the Nvidia options are broken down by generation but the AMD option is just one Radeon option alongside the single Intel Arc option

Explains in 1 poll the state of the competition with Nvidia these days
I knew someone was going to bring that up so let me explain my reasoning - I assume that nvidia will be the most popular option by far. However, if I end up being wrong then I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong.

Crayon

New 4070 Super may be pretty good at rumored $500 with roughly OG 4070Ti performance.

The green cards are nice but I'm on linux so the amd open driver sways me a lot. A lot of people say nvidia on linux is terrible but I have done it and never had any problems so it's not off the table. A bigger issue is $500. I'd want to see what $350 would get a year from now. If PS5 games start coming out with only 30fps, I would be more likely to do a $300 tradeup on a gpu than a $200 tradeup on a PS5 pro.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
3080 and will try to ride it out till 5000 series launches.

Last edited:
I knew someone was going to bring that up so let me explain my reasoning - I assume that nvidia will be the most popular option by far. However, if I end up being wrong then I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong.
Your reasoning is correct and it is the same reason that you see all the individual Nvidia card models listed in the Steam Hardware Survey but AMD and Intel products are not broken out by model

IFireflyl

Gold Member
As we close out the year I'm just curious what type of videocard that most GAFers are currently running. The poll is multi-choice so if you have multiple systems then you can select multiple options.

Myself, I'm currently running an EVGA RTX 3090 and gaming at 4K. The card is holding up very well for me and at this rate I'll probably just stick with it until the RTX 5000 series cards come out. What about you guys?

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

Top Bottom