• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that 2023 is nearly over, what type of GPU are you on?

What GPU Type Are You Running?

• RTX 4000

Votes: 133 32.9%
  • RTX 3000

Votes: 143 35.4%
  • RTX 2000

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • GTX 16

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • GTX 1000 or Older

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • AMD Radeon

Votes: 64 15.8%
  • Intel Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters

Sethbacca

4770k/1070 in the desktop, and a 3060 in the laptop at the moment, probably be looking to move into a sff strix halo build on my desktop depending how it performs when it drops. I don't really need a full on bleeding edge setup as little as I use it.

Last edited:
Still on a 3090 and see no reason to upgrade just yet. Hooked up to a 4K/120Hz GSync compatible TV and it does everything I need with 40/60/120fps an option on everything. Using the DLDSR/DLSS combo and locking at 60 has been my go-to thing with games, looks clean and crisp (actually better than native) Been fun trying the FSR3 frame gen mod lately too.

I'll wait and see what AMD & NVidia have cooking for their next cards but I still may not upgrade if this 3090 can still satisfy

CSJ

Went to a 4090 from a 3090 a few months ago.

It also came with a new system as my 8700k was aging and not being able to really push the 3090 to it's best.
Said fuck it, upgraded everything to basically top tier so it would last (hopefully) another 6ish years.

But I may get the next X3D CPU (9800X3D?) and 5090 and give the rest to my brother and sell the rest.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
1060 6GB is my main PC. I have a 4070 in another one but I have yet to install Steam on it. Changing PCs is a chore. But I will do it soon I think.

DaGwaphics

RX5600 (non-XT). Figured it was time to move up from a 960 2GB that didn't have enough VRAM to a more modern card that also doesn't have enough VRAM. :messenger_winking_tongue:

It was only $90 new and had a good cooler.

twilo99

PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT/Ryzen 3700X.😇

I had a 5700xt for about 2 years.. great card and I bet it still plays most games at around 1440p/60

Why not bump that CPU to a 5600x for cheap?

Those AM4 boards still have some life left in them..

I think a 6950xt/5800x3D is still a very potent set up

Main Rig - nvidia 3060ti RTX - with 27in 1080p monitor. Sub rig for work - intel iris. whatever gpu is in there.
Got it in 2021 after waiting for 6 months from the bs that happened with covid and scammers/miners taking all the cards. It's an eVGA card (rip),
I haven't had any need to upgrade and wont until at least geforce 5x or 6x series, if needed. Right now I can still max everything at 1080p.

Honestly not going above 1080p has been great as no need to buy more cards and still looks fine to me.
Got an xbox x and playing some older games right now that i never tried from 2-3 gens ago.
With good pc, all the consoles (ps5, xbx, switch) it makes it hard to play a game as there are too many.

Edmund

RTX 2080. Will get a new PC when it's dead. Or probably the 6070 when the 6000 series is out. Gotta stretch the dollar.

2080 still. At least for another couple years. There really isnt really anything out there that makes me want to upgrade. More than anything I actually need a new mobo, cpu and better ram.

I had a 5700xt for about 2 years.. great card and I bet it still plays most games at around 1440p/60

Why not bump that CPU to a 5600x for cheap?

Those AM4 boards still have some life left in them..

I think a 6950xt/5800x3D is still a very potent set up
Why? It's because I'm stingy and the next update will be when GTA VI releases on PC.

I'm gonne build a complete new AM5 PC.

Hudo

RTX 3080. Serving me well so far. If I need a new one, I might go for a 4090 used when 5090 is out. No way I help normalizing the prices Nvidia ask for fucking consumer cards. They can get fucked.

Last edited:

Elitro

i upgraded from a 970 to a 3090 last year. Holding on for at least 5000+, probably even longer. Will only upgrade when i find a game that forces me to do so given the currently unreasonable GPU prices.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
3080. It still plays any PS5 games available on PC better than my PS5, so I'm content.

Here's hoping there's a 5000 series card that outperforms it at a good price-for-performance ratio, or else I'll be waiting until the 6000s.

3070ti BABY!

Zero problems with it. I've had no limitations with VR, even path-tracing in Cyberpunk. Awesome performance. Had a 1060 before it. So happy I went with a GPU upgrade instead of buying into this generation of consoles.

gundalf

None because I don't game on PC anymore but I have a RTX 3060* in my workstation and a RTX 4070 in my XPS aaaaand an M3 Ultra but dunno if that is the most powerful of the three.

*Would love to upgrade to something that is nVidia, upper midrange and a ridiculous amount of VRAM for ML/SDF stuff but Jensen would laugh to no end on that idea :O

Last edited:
Currently on a 3060(m) and looking to upgrade when next generation cards are released. I like to skip a generation to ensure I get my money's worth and it's a significant upgrade.

What’s wrong with it?

I never liked the 3000 series because they were mostly Samsung chips and ran too hot for my liking..

The 4000 are all TSMC I think and things are much better.
The price, for a fucking gpu. The 3080 had too few vram, so I said "hey let's go big one last time", great mistake

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
2060 Super in main Rig

1660 Super in HTPC

Not upgrading 2060 Super until I can get 16GB of VRAM with at least a 256-Bit Bus under a G for my main rig

and not upgrading 1660 Super until RTX 5000 series when I'll be building a whole new rig

RTX 3000/RTX 4000 (Non-Super) weren't an option even without the price gouging shittest generation ever

going from a 750ti to a 2060 Super has been a dream come true

Top Bottom