• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that 2023 is nearly over, what type of GPU are you on?

What GPU Type Are You Running?

• RTX 4000

Votes: 133 32.9%
  • RTX 3000

Votes: 143 35.4%
  • RTX 2000

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • GTX 16

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • GTX 1000 or Older

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • AMD Radeon

Votes: 64 15.8%
  • Intel Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
I just bought a MSI 4090.

My laptops 3080 screen broke off its brackets, and I can't use the warranty because I ordered it on another person's account being in dire straits at the time, so what once was a $3,000 laptop is just trash now, prompting me to get a new PC for $5,000.

I really wanted to wait out the 4000 series, but if I am going to buy one it will be a 4090.

Last edited:

Monserrat

Banned
A 3050 that runs latest games like a 3070ti thanks to FSR3 mods, let's see if Nvidia enables frame generation soon because it must be embarrasing to get caught lying like this.

Mr Hyde

I'm using a mobile egpu, a AMD Radeon 6850 mxt. So far it has been playing everything I want with relative ease. The fans are quite loud though, but I'm not too bothered with it since I almost always play with headphones.

A 3050 that runs latest games like a 3070ti thanks to FSR3 mods, let's see if Nvidia enables frame generation soon because it must be embarrasing to get caught lying like this.
GIF by Giphy QA

Papa_Wisdom

1660 super. Wouldn’t mind switching up to 2080 ti but that would be the last graphics card I buy for my current setup and will prob look into something else after.

Not too bothered about having a monster rig, usually only mess around with emulation. And im more or an old school pc gamer, like quake 3, unreal tournament and command and conquer with a sprinkling of new games.

RagnarokIV

4070, which I'll be keeping for a long time. I'm dropping out of the refresh every 1 or 2 gen cycle. I'll keep this until I can't run the games I want, at the settings I want.

egocrata

Banned
A decent 2070S that still holds up pretty well, but building a new PC as soon as I get paid for a couple of big projects.

Topher

Gold Member
Big screen gaming PC is RTX 4080

Desktop gaming PC (which I use for most non-gaming things as well) runs Linux with a RX 7600

PeteBull

3080ti, bought for 2200euro in the middle of crypto boom, but what u gonna do, diablo2 remastered was coming out, and i panicked, love that game, easily played over 2k hours in there by now, including online with buddies, offline and mods( recommend remodded and bt mod incase some1 loves challenges and normal game isnt enough).

Funny story is, i wanted to upgrade to 4090 right away when it launched, but buddy of mine(who was sitting on 3080 at that time) made me not do it, then he upgraded to 4090 himself instead :p
Plan for future here is wait for 5080/ti/90 w/e makes most sense at the time, if top amd card will be decent i will consider it too.

Mithos

RTX 2060 Super.

3000 series have been to expensive since it came, same for 4000 series (at least the level of performance I need/want) and I'm not buying anything less then 3080/4070 level of performance.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Still 3080. Not changing anytime soon since pc gpu market is a huge scam. Cards should never cost this much. Nvidia started with XX80 cards. Then with Titan cards and they saw a room for extreme pricing... which are now standard. Same with smartphones and same if we allow the pro consoles then ultra pro etc....
Unless 4080 super drops and makes 4080 very cheap... which won't happen

Last edited:

Zuzu

Vega 48 in my 2019 iMac. I have MacOS and Windows 10 on this iMac so have played a lot of games on it via Windows. Vega 48 is about equivalent to an RX 580.

Tsaki

1050Ti. Doesn't even need a power cable, it runs through the PCIe slot:messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Mowcno

RTX 3060 12GB. I don't intend to upgrade until a 2nd hand 4060 Ti 16gb becomes cheap. Or in the highly unlikely event a 5060 launches with 12gb+ vram and is reasonably priced.

StereoVsn

The green cards are nice but I'm on linux so the amd open driver sways me a lot. A lot of people say nvidia on linux is terrible but I have done it and never had any problems so it's not off the table. A bigger issue is $500. I'd want to see what $350 would get a year from now. If PS5 games start coming out with only 30fps, I would be more likely to do a $300 tradeup on a gpu than a $200 tradeup on a PS5 pro.
Hmm… 7800xt on sale? And AMD is going to release low to mid range 8000 line according to current rumors.

Also, 4060 and/or 4060Ti are supposed to get Super upgrade so another thing to keep an eye for.

Top Bottom