• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

now that TGS is done, on to X05

Andy787

Banned
I think they'll show a trailer for Halo 3. If not, I just hope MS doesn't buy off GTA or Dragon Quest, because they need something, and they're quickly running out of avenues.

I want gameplay vids of: Frame City Killer, Ghost Recon Advance Warrior, PDO, Gears of War, Saint Row, PRG3, The Outfits and Madden 06

I hope we get so see Too Human and Shadow Run

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
* New Ghost Recon media
* RR6
* Something new
* Peter Moore's soundbites (Oh man, he needs his own show, Comedy Gold! :p)

Mrbob

element said:
Party in Amsterdam!!!

What are you expecting or looking forward too?

FEAR announced for Xbox 360.

After seeing the King Kong 360 screenshots in OXM, I would like to see the game in motion.

Perfect Dark Zero is number one for me. X05 is supposed to be the PD0 blowout and I can't wait.

A near finalized version of Madden 06 on display would be hot.

More hot Kameo footage.

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter.

Sam Fishers response to Solid Snake.

Official launch title list.

Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer for Xbox 360 (Ninja Gaiden Black will be out by X05. No more excuses for keeping the lid tight Itagaki!!!).

Some new game announcements that will make me go, "WOW."

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Fuckin hell, X05 is gonna be in Amsterdam? I wanna go. :(

element

Nikashi said:
Why show MGS4, by that logic?
Actually it doesn't matter, because we don't know what games will be ready for the PS3 launch, so gamers can't be confused, they just know all these games are coming.
The way I look at it, MS had two options with Halo 3. Show it off at E3, or show it off after the launch games. Also, they don't want to overshadow games like PDZ and Gears of War. So holding off might be benefical, and they have seen some major titles from the PS3.

I'd expect X05 to be about PDZ, PGR3, and other launch titles. Also they will probably have something about Gears of War.

Mrbob

Epic already announced they will have new stuff ready for Gears of War at X05. :) Looking forward to it.

If MS wants to get away from the stigma of HALOBOX, they cannot show any Halo 3 teaser at X05. It has to be about all the launch games this year. Wait till E3 2006 to show a Halo 3 teaser.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'm most looking forward to seeing some next generation BLiNX.

Perfect Dark Zero unveiling explosion blowout hyperton 2000 showoff.
New Rumble Roses Trailer... in addition to the TGS one which I can't find anywhere!
One unknown game that I will want to buy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i expect to see a lot more of all the games shown so far.

pgr3 playable (or at least demo'd)
gr3 playable
EA's titles sports line up
EA's after launch games in some form (burnout, battlefield, fight night, def jam, etc)
pd0 playable, and this to be MS's focus
etc

i'm hoping MS will unviel quite a few titles "on the horizon". stuff like shadowrun, the darkness, secret titles. things that should look better then most (all?) the launch titles and be out around mid next year. gears of war fits in here as well. i expect new environments to be shown, vehicles, monsters. basically, its real unveiling.

then of course, i'd love to see halo 3 in some form. maybe even just an official announcement with the tiniest bit of info. i'm pretty doubtfull it will be out next year, but if it is, its certainly not to early to let the world know about it. an announcement wouldnt overshadow the launch titles, but would draw a lot of important attention.

element

I think the only way close to Halo they would get is if they had a 'coming soon' trailer with games like Shadowrun, and others. Perhaps not even showing footage from games, but just having a high poly master chief blowing something up or running around.

But...that isn't Bungie's style.

Ironclad

PD0 footage that will amaze me.
Halo 3 trailer but I doubt it.
Blue Dragon
Okamoto's other game
and lots of damage control.

IJoel

I would love to see a Halo 3 announcement trailer, but I doubt it. MS will use X05 to pimp PD0 like there's no tomorrow.

I wouldn't doubt MS locking some sort of exclusivity with the next generation Splinter Cell and coming with a 'rebuff' trailer. Hey, the E3 MGS4 trailer somewhat mocked Splinter Cell, so that's why I see this as a possibility (Chaos Theory mocked MGS in the 2nd level.)

I also expect big blowouts on the following, amongst others:

- The obvious first party releases: Kameo, PD0, PGR3 and Gears of War
- Dead or Alive 4
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which has already been touted by MS as an Xbox 360 exclusive
- Call of Duty 2, another Xbox 360 exclusive
- The Outfit (BISH IN AMSTERDAM!?)
- EA Games: NFS: MW, Tiger Woods 2006, Madden 2006, Battlefield: Modern Combat
- Take 2 Games: Amped 3, Top Spin 2
- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- Quake 4
- Ridge Racer 6

Finally, I expect them to disclose details on BC and what games will be compatible on launch, as well as the launch lineup.

FightyF

Banned
Yeah...I can see H3 unvieled near PS3 launch...right now there are a lot of games that haven't really been shown off.

DarkCloud

Microsoft will not show anything for Halo 3. They will not risk another PD0 reaction you can count on that. At most you can expect a logo in an upcoming montage.

Another vote for either Too Human or Shadowrun to go with the PD0 footage. Hell, show all 3 and we can have a future dystopian pizza party!

----

Banned
Nikashi said:
Why show MGS4, by that logic?
To try to prevent people from buying Xbox 360. If Xbox 360 was not coming out this year they would not have shown MGS4 to the public yet. Also the fact that the trailer for MGS4 is laced with jokes about first person shooters and how the Cell chip will make Sony win the console war should have given that away. The fact that Sony is also showing off a lot of prerendered movies like Killzone, RE5, DMC4, Killing Day, Tekken, Motorstorm, etc. at their shows should make it clear that they are dead serious about keeping people from buying Xbox 360.

So like he said, why would MS show Halo 3 now? PS3 isn't about to launch so why bring out the big guns yet? Halo 3 is coming out in 2007 with the movie, it's too early to show anything. Showing Halo 3 now isn't going to help the launch of the console. I'm sure MS is going to sell out of whatever stock they have for this holiday season. They have no competition this year afterall.

I'm still waiting for MS to show me Perfect Dark Zero.

Top Bottom