• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

now that TGS is done, on to X05

Ramirez

Zomg it's duderon :p

I just want to see lots of gameplay movies from Madden/Live/PD0,a Halo 3 trailer would absolutely wtfpwn me,but I very seriously doubt they show anything like that.

----

Banned
We've never even gotten a proper Perfect Dark Zero trailer. There's already an undeserving amount of hype for PDZ, but it might be a good idea for them to maybe actually release a video trailer that shows off the gameplay, storyline, and characters in this game. Wouldn't be such a bad idea to do that for Kameo as well.

Most important is that games like PGR3, PDZ, Ghost Recon and Oblivion finally be playable for everyone who attends X'05.

I just want more Oblivion stuff, cause thats all that matters! Screw Halo. FEAR for 360 would be nice, too, as I doubt my PC could handle it right now.

----

Banned
Starbreeze is one of the most underrated developers out there so I know they will do a great job with The Darkness.

Prey is doing some stuff I've never seen any other games attempt before. I love the way it messes with you with perspectives and gravity. I'm really looking forward to it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Norse said:
MGS4 will be a launch game...you guys arent going to see a ps3 in stores for a while. Just so you know.

I find this hard to believe. I think we will see a PS3 launch well before MGS4 is out. Hopefully sometime in the late Spring or the summer.

Anyway I want to all the launch games running on final kits and also some new stuff would be nice.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I think a short Halo 3 teaser at X05 is a must....

Why save it till E3 where it could possibly be schooled by a newer MGS4 trailer not to mention Mario 128?

With X05, MS can control all the rules and there is no chance of Halo 3 being one-upped by Revolution and/or PS3...

Sony did a good job at E3 in that they reassured their fans all the franchises they are come to love will be represented on PS3...

MS could do well to do the same thing with Halo 3....

jett

D-Member
Norse said:
MGS4 will be a launch game...you guys arent going to see a ps3 in stores for a while. Just so you know.

Eh...I believe MGS4 will be a 2007 game. And I also believe that there is no way, no way at all that Sony is going to give up 2006 entirely up to the 360(next-gen wise, of course :p). Otherwise they would be displaying arrogance of Nintentastic proportions.

Anyway, I hope we get some good RR6 media this time...it's pretty much the only 360 game I'm interested in. :p I also think MS will show a brief Halo 3 teaser, just to remind gamers it's coming(creating hype of in the process). :p

FiRez

I just hope they don't use soccer moms for beta-testing Halo 3 this time.

lolautoaim44en.gif

HOW DO I SHOT GUN?
-_-

Kleegamefan said:

Why save it till E3 where it could possibly be schooled by a newer MGS4 trailer not to mention Mario 128?

errr because its about the hyping the game and not just showing a trailer? Even if they were just "showing a trailer" Sony has already shown its hand with MGS4. there isnt anything more exciting they can do besides a killer action sequence and even if they did it would most likely be in the same league graphically as the TGS showing. Bungie now has a scope of that they need to do to raise the bar.

newsguy

Mrbob said:
Perfect Dark Zero is number one for me. X05 is supposed to be the PD0 blowout and I can't wait.

A near finalized version of Madden 06 on display would be hot.

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter.

Sam Fishers response to Solid Snake.

Official launch title list.

Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer for Xbox 360 (Ninja Gaiden Black will be out by X05. No more excuses for keeping the lid tight Itagaki!!!).

Some new game announcements that will make me go, "WOW."

These things plus a playable Condemned (with positive impressions)

Playable Madden (with positive impressions)

Playable CoD2 (with positive impressions)

Some of you guys are expecting way too much and are setting yourselves up for major disappointment. Knowing how Bungie is and the whole Halo 2 debacle with it's unveiling and seeing how the game changed so much I doubt there will be a Halo 3 announcement of any kind. If there is so much as a Halo 3 logo displayed I will be shocked. I am sure the launch games will all be there in playable form plus some others that will be out in the following months of the systems launch. I also expect there to be some announcements of games with some having a short preview accompanying them. Shadowrun maybe another Crimson Skies sequel the 2k sports line-up. They will give us just enough to look forward to which will be not enough for some people but I expect them to keep a bunch a stuff under wraps for next years E3 to fully compete with Nintendo and Sony.

Xenon

Halo 3 Teaser. Maybe just the Master Chief beating the shit out of an old man in a black seal type outfit then he picks up the man's cigarette, lifts up his visor, takes a puff, coughs, spits out the bud and says "Fucking menthol!"

Beowvlf

Banned
Mizoguchi is one of my favorite devs, and Ninety Nine Nights is still the most intriguing title for me personally on the 360, so I hope we see more of that. I fully expect to once again be underwhelmed by nearly every other title though.

Slightly related note: I still haven't gotten around to viewing on media on N3 since it's announcement, can anyone fill me in on why so many consider its TGS showing a disappointment?

Beowvlf

Banned
BioFan said:
is it too late to wish TFLO to show up at X'05??
I was hoping MS would announce it at TGS....:(
I'm pretty sure, considering how horribly MS treated the project, that Level 5 has sworn never to work with them again.

Keep in mind Bungie is in the process of moving its offices, so either they finished up a potential H3 teaser a few days/weeks ago, or there isn't going to be one. Judging that we haven't heard any leaks about it... I'm hesitant to think there will be anything substantial shown.

I would like to be surprised but then again, I don't want to wait 2+ years from seeing the next game to playing the next game.

Triumph

Banned
sr10.gif

Some o' that, as well as some PD0 goodness, some Oblivion goodness, some Madden goodness and personally I want to hear more about the Mistwalker games in general and Lost Odyssey in particular.

HokieJoe

element said:
Now that would be interesting!

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well. Ubi has always done a bang-up job graphically with that series. Furthermore, I don't think anyone will be able to knock it's animation, because SC has always appeared very fluid in motion to my eyes.

I guess it's a moot point ultimately since it's coming out for the PS3 as well; but it will give some more insight into what the 360 is capable of.

Juice

I think they should show a surprise trailer that starts out looking like Halo 3, Master Chief and all. Then have him get bitch-slapped by Joanna Dark and have it transition to a showcase of the real-time of PD0, assuming it doesn't still look like ass.

It'd be a good way to get people talking about both games, and might give PD0 a little bit of credibility.

HokieJoe

Heian-kyo said:
Mizoguchi is one of my favorite devs, and Ninety Nine Nights is still the most intriguing title for me personally on the 360, so I hope we see more of that. I fully expect to once again be underwhelmed by nearly every other title though.

Slightly related note: I still haven't gotten around to viewing on media on N3 since it's announcement, can anyone fill me in on why so many consider its TGS showing a disappointment?

Yeppers, I'd like to see some more from 99 Nights as well.

EDIT:

I'd also like to hear some definitive news (publisher-wise) about Dark Sector. That game looks real promising IMO.

x05 will be all about PD0. They want to really wow everyone with it, it seems. Hope they dont fall flat on their faces ala Wallguy again.

I think Che's Superton might show up too. My bet is it being VF5 or Shenmue 3.

Prine

Banned
Kleegamefan said:

Why save it till E3 where it could possibly be schooled by a newer MGS4 trailer not to mention Mario 128?.

Why show MGS4 or Mario128 at e3 where it could possibly be schooled by Halo3??

Keeping Halo3 underwraps and unloading it at e3 would be the best thing to do. The first trailer of a hotly anticipated game is the most important IMO, now that we've seen MGS4 (even though it wasnt that much) the initial buzz is lost, we have some idea of what to expect, unlike Halo3 where everybody will be speculating, creating hype/buzz. All eyes will be on MS to come up with the goods, Bungie have a benchmark to surpass and what better way than to blow everyone away (like they did with first Halo2 unveiling) than to show it at e3.

It'll be part of MS 2nd gen games, Bungie should know the hardware pretty well, and put together a great cutscene or playable demo (with Marty O Donnel score)

Prine said:
Why show MGS4 or Mario128 at e3 where it could possibly be schooled by Halo3??

Keeping Halo3 underwraps and unloading it at e3 would be the best thing to do. The first trailer of a hotly anticipated game is the most important IMO, now that we've seen MGS4 (even though it wasnt that much) the initial buzz is lost, we have some idea of what to expect, unlike Halo3 where everybody will be speculating, creating hype/buzz. All eyes will be on MS to come up with the goods, Bungie have a benchmark to surpass and what better way than to blow everyone away (like they did with first Halo2 unveiling) at e3.

It'll be part of MS 2nd gen games, Bungie should know the hardware pretty well, and put together a great cutscene or playable demo (with Marty O Donnel score)

Launch is very important i think a glimpse of Halo 3 (maybe some sony style target Render ;) ) will go a long ass way to building a ton of hype for the system.

PD0 is very important to MS right now but HALO is their bread and butter.

FiRez

HokieJoe said:
What's up with that story anyway? All that I'm aware of is that they canned development of it; but they did renew the TFLO trademark.

They used all the funds that MS give to them to make DQ8 and/or RG (Source: A Thread of 10 pages from TXB :p )

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kabuki Waq said:
x05 will be all about PD0. They want to really wow everyone with it, it seems. Hope they dont fall flat on their faces ala Wallguy again.

I think Che's Superton might show up too. My bet is it being VF5 or Shenmue 3.

Don't toy with my emotions. I hope, with MS taking a flyer on part 2, Sega rewards them with completing the saga on the 360

Agent Icebeezy said:
Don't toy with my emotions. I hope, with MS taking a flyer on part 2, Sega rewards them with completing the saga on the 360

every E3 every TGS pretty much every gaming event I hope for another shenmue :(

This year is gonna be different tho....LEAfs will win the cup and i will play shenmue 3!

GhaleonEB

Halo 3, motherfucker, CAN YOU SPEAK IT?!?!

That is all that matters, IMO.

That, and an official launch lineup.

Oh, and prove PD0 is the killer ap MS - and fans - want it to be.

PGR3 at 60fps would be nice.

Kabuki Waq said:

This year is gonna be different tho....LEAfs will win the cup and i will play shenmue 3!

If that Ryu whatever game for PS2 does well enough, there is maybe hope yet.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kabuki Waq said:

Well, with that new IP they have on the PS2, they have proven that they have the money to do this. Yu said the story has long been done, just needs funding. I guess update the fighting with a little VF4 or VF5 flavor. Let Ryo or Ren kick Lan Di's ass in the end, my 360 purchase is worth it tenfold.

DarkCloud

HokieJoe said:
What's up with that story anyway? All that I'm aware of is that they canned development of it; but they did renew the TFLO trademark.

Basically Level 5 sat on their laurels when it came to TFLO. They were way overbudget and behind schedule with no end in development in sight. I won't say they appropriated funds for use in other projects...just that they really didn't handle the TFLO project properly at all. Had MS allowed them to continue dev'ing it'd likely be out sometime next year instead of the 2004 release that was originally planned.

Personally I don't blame MS for cancelling...especially after how Atlus jerked them around with SMT9/SMT nocturne.

Beowvlf

Banned
FiRez said:
They used all the funds that MS give to them to make DQ8 and/or RG (Source: A Thread of 10 pages from TXB :p )
Wow, this is the most absurd thing I've ever read. It really ended up being a 10 page thread on TXB? :lol

Level 5 doesn't fully fund their own projects, they aren't even close to being large enough to generate that kind of capital. Square Enix and Sony funded each title respectively, so that kinda debunks that rumor right there.

DarkCloud said:
Basically Level 5 sat on their laurels when it came to TFLO. They were way overbudget and behind schedule with no end in development in sight. I won't say they appropriated funds for use in other projects...just that they really didn't handle the TFLO project properly at all. Had MS allowed them to continue dev'ing it'd likely be out sometime next year instead of the 2004 release that was originally planned.
This isn't how it went down AT ALL.

According to what I know, TFLO was over 80% complete, but throughout development two major problems plagued the title, both instigated by MS Japan. Firstly, Level 5 was having an extremely difficult time properly implementing the voice chat in the game (you can probably understand why), but MSJ was intensely adamant that without VC, they would pull funding. Secondly, MSJ and Level 5's vision on the title was almost completely opposite. Level 5 wanted to create the title to be more casual and easy to play (think WoW) whereas MSJ desperately wanted a typical EQ style MMO, that would hook JP players and bring in a good amount of income over a long while. Needless to say, there was much strife between the two over the subject, and they were never able to see eye to eye.

Supposedly, Level 5 got so tired of MSJ's control over the title, and they're incessant disapproval of each subsequent build, that they offered up an ultimatum of 'Let us finish it our way, or we halt development'. MSJ, being the company that we all know and love, doesn't take well to ego attacks, and as retaliation completely pulled all remaining funding on the project. Since Level 5 isn't nearly large enough to provide the funding to finish off even the last 15-20% of a title that enormous, they had no choice but to scrap all further development on the project. It is unofficially reported that Level 5 lost just over 80 million Yen (which is only ~$750,000, but that's alot for a dev like Level 5) on TFLO, and that doesn't even take into account all the lost man hours wasted on the title.

A really bad situation, and one that shouldn't have happened to a dev as good as Level 5. Hence why I believe a possible Level 5-MSJ relationship is completely out of the question for the next long while.

And don't get me started on how misconstrued the whole SMTNine ordeal is; MSJ is NOT the innocent little publisher in that circumstance either.

Shompola

Banned
Heian-kyo said:
Wow, this is the most absurd thing I've ever read. It really ended up being a 10 page thread on TXB? :lol

Level 5 doesn't fully fund their own projects, they aren't even close to being large enough to generate that kind of capital. Square Enix and Sony funded each title respectively, so that kinda debunks that rumor right there.

This isn't how it went down AT ALL.

According to what I know, TFLO was over 80% complete, but throughout development two major problems plagued the title, both instigated by MS Japan. Firstly, Level 5 was having an extremely difficult time properly implementing the voice chat in the game (you can probably understand why), but MSJ was intensely adamant that without VC, they would pull funding. Secondly, MSJ and Level 5's vision on the title was almost completely opposite. Level 5 wanted to create the title to be more casual and easy to play (think WoW) whereas MSJ desperately wanted a typical EQ style MMO, that would hook JP players and bring in a good amount of income over a long while. Needless to say, there was much strife between the two over the subject, and they were never able to see eye to eye.

Supposedly, Level 5 got so tired of MSJ's control over the title, and they're incessant disapproval of each subsequent build, that they offered up an ultimatum of 'Let us finish it our way, or we halt development'. MSJ, being the company that we all know and love, doesn't take well to ego attacks, and as retaliation completely pulled all remaining funding on the project. Since Level 5 isn't nearly large enough to provide the funding to finish off even the last 15-20% of a title that enormous, they had no choice but to scrap all further development on the project. It is unofficially reported that Level 5 lost just over 80 million Yen (which is only ~$750,000, but that's alot for a dev like Level 5) on TFLO, and that doesn't even take into account all the lost man hours wasted on the title.

A really bad situation, and one that shouldn't have happened to a dev as good as Level 5. Hence why I believe a possible Level 5-MSJ relationship is completely out of the question for the next long while.

And don't get me started on how misconstrued the whole SMTNine ordeal is; MSJ is NOT the innocent little publisher in that circumstance either.

Nope... You are wrong once again. Thanks for wasting your own time by typing all that shit.

trmas

Banned
MS are morons if they really dissed Level 5. They have the best cell-shaded graphics I've ever seen, and after seeing their latest project, I can't wait to see what they do with the PS3.

The only Bioware game that matter is KotoR, but we probably won't see that.

FightyF

Banned
Shompola said:
Nope... You are wrong once again. Thanks for wasting your own time by typing all that shit.

He's the same guy who said we should blame MS for PC ports to the 360 and demand more from MS for doing a bad job with the 360.

Top Bottom