• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we've had hardware refreshes and launches, what's your focus now?

entremet

XBX and Switch are now out. All the VR platforms, at least first generation, are out. What's your next focus in terms of gaming?

Personally, I'll probably get into VR next year. I'm waiting for second generation VR and will build a rig to handle it. I've been loving the Switch since it the best implementation of what Sony started with the PSP, console level graphics but in portable form, along with docking and controller options. Nintendo really built a winner with the Switch after the Wii U debacle.

I still enjoy Sony and MS stuff, but will stick with exclusive for each, moving to PC for non exclusives when that's built.

Gaming is just too good now.

What about you?

I think I'd like to get a PS4, but I would love it if they would make a new design. PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro are insanely off putting to me. The original PS4 is the best looking out of them, and superior to the George Foreman PS3 spider-man designs.

I miss the Playstation 2s vastly superior design language, logo, typography and marketing.

newps2-2.jpg

Alx

I should start "working" on my backlog. Many 360+One games to play, and it gets worse every month. :p

kunonabi

Since Wii U support died out i've been focused on the 3DS and PS4. It will stay that way until the switch gets a revision and the library improves.

sublimit

Banned
For now i'll just continue focusing on games for my PS4/Vita//WiiU and my New 2DS XL that i bought this past August. Since i never had a 3DS of my own before there are tons of games i want to try on that system!

For the future i definitely plan on buying a Switch at some point next year.

I bought a switch 2 weeks after they came out and it's been great; I just haven't been in the mood to play games that much lately. It's getting to be indoor weather in the northeast too so maybe I'll bounce back soon and get into the groove of gaming again. I've been playing metroid on 3ds and, of all things, skyrim remastered on ps4. I'll stick with those systems for the foreseeable future as I have never seen a VR unit in the wild and none of my friends have it.

Fbh

My focus is on enjoying awesome games on all platform.

Right now with the a PS4 pro a mid tier PC and a Switch I'm happy and I have access to pretty much all relevant releases .

On PS4 I'm focusing on upcoming exclusives and multiplayer games (since most of my friends are on PSN).

On Switch I focus on exclusives and games that I want to play on the go (like Rocket League)

And on PC I focus on multiplat and Indies (and MS exclusives )

I think I'd like to get a PS4, but I would love it if they would make a new design. PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro are insanely off putting to me. The original PS4 is the best looking out of them, and superior to the George Foreman PS3 spider-man designs.

I miss the Playstation 2s vastly superior design language, logo, typography and marketing.

I wish Sony would make more White versions of the Slim...

Breakage

I agree with this. The original PS4 was a good-looking piece of hardware, and then Sony decided to ruin it with the less angular Slim and triple stack Pro designs.

everyer

XBX and Switch are now out. All the VR platforms, at least first generation, are out. What's your next focus in terms of gaming?

Personally, I'll probably get into VR next year. I'm waiting for second generation VR and will build a rig to handle it. I've been loving the Switch since it the best implementation of what Sony started with the PSP, console level graphics but in portable form, along with docking and controller options. Nintendo really built a winner with the Switch after the Wii U debacle.

I still enjoy Sony and MS stuff, but will stick with exclusive for each, moving to PC for non exclusives when that's built.

Gaming is just too good now.

What about you?

I am always a Sony girl, haha

120v

warily eying what next gen will demand of my PC. want a good 3-ish years before another upgrade

JordanN

Banned
I'm actually kinda hoping for some hints of next gen being dropped next year.

Not an actual new console announcement, but any information that says developers have gotten access to early dev kits or are beginning to target higher platform specs .

I've been looking at some mobile games recently and it's actually scary the progress they're making in catching up with home consoles. Not enough to 100% bridge the gap, but enough to make me feel the PS4 is due for a successor.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
vr gaming on pc and switch

ps4 and xbox only for exclusives i really like

I completely agree. The original PS2 and 4 are two of my favourite game console designs of all time. I have no idea how they dropped the ball so hard with the Slim revision and Pro.

On the topic of the thread: My gaming focus is actually going to be more on the retro side of things. I plan on picking up a Framemeister and a new N64 for my collection firstly. It's one of the few systems I sold back in the day and I miss it it dearly. An X will be added to my collection some stage soon as well.

Pantz

Right now? I can't stop playing my Xbox One X. Not only the enhanced games, but all the BC games. I skipped out on Xbox One until now and it feels good to be getting achievements again. Basically feels like "Chewie... we're home". This should be my focus for the foreseeable future.

Still playing PS4 Pro for exclusives/pervy anime games.

PSVR 2.0 next year when I can afford it. Already got a bunch of games for it during sales.

I got an Oculus at launch and a GTX 1080 last month but I'm never in the right mood to use it for games. Same could be said for normal PC games. I got a full Steam library, but it's always too daunting to start a game up. They're all there waiting for me if the mood ever does come. I'd love to take the time to emulate some PS1/PS2 games on PC one day as well. There's also a few MMORPG's I pledged to on Kickstarter coming down the line.

As for the Switch, I'm waiting for version 2.0. I'd love to have a console only version without a screen. The graphics are not cutting edge and my plate is already overflowing, so I don't mind waiting. For sure there is some must play games and an even nicer library will be waiting by then.

Bl@de

Nothing right now. 2nd/3rd generation wireless VR is what I‘m waiting for. And a good CPU upgrade in 2-3 years.

cormack12

Gold Member
My main machine at the moment is the PS Pro. I have current gen games on there I'm enjoying, both third party and first party.
I have a mid tier PC as well but honestly only play a few exclusives on there like PoE, Everspace, and use it for the unreal SDK (learning)
I have a switch as well, with 3/4 games.
Destiny 2 is probably my only regular 'online' game. Probably because of the more casual co-op style of play.

Honestly I'm drowning in games to play. There are titles from the last 2 years I want to play through. Games I've started and put down because they overlapped with a more anticipated title. Games I want to run through a second time etc. and the pick up and play titles you stick on to blast a quick hour here and there.

Future-wise I can see me getting a One X maybe in a year or two. Those third party games might be pushing the original hardware a bit too much then and the gains will be more noticeable. Plus PoE built specifically for the console is great. I'm actually interested in what influence the One X has on the starting hardware for the next generation. I'm glad they want to push the baseline. I'm also curious to see the real first first-party MS exclusive that is designed just for the console, and forgets the PC scaling for mid range cards. I want to see it pushed as far as it can go with no regard for the title also going to PC. Purely from a theoretical point of view - can a game built to draw every ounce of performance from the Xbox One X dazzle against a game that has to scale from the lower end of the cards to the higher. The lowest common denominator would be the Xbox One X itself and I'd be interested in seeing just how much it can deliver.

VR doesn't interest me at all.

yophlow

Banned

I understand it's always nice to have a cool looking console. But they're mostly black squares that sit on a shelf. Is this design so offensive you wouldn't buy a console and play the games you wanted?

ps4-slim-3-1.jpg

Top Bottom