• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2012 Results [Up6: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed 3]

I'm a huge PS fan but I'm kinda glad All-Stars bombed. You don't release a game like that without Cloud, Snake, Sora, Roxas, Crash and Spyro.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If Mass Effect had been the trilogy, and not just 3, it might have moved units.

But EA is dumb so...

DR2K

Banned
PS3 All-Stars = <80K

Vita All-Stars = <8K

Oh my god... in comparison, March 2008 NPD statistics put SSB: Brawl at 2.7 MILLION, 875k on its first day in North America.

No words can explain the magnitude of this floppage.

I wonder what the development costs were like with All-Stars. Hope Sony won't take too large of a hit. There's a very good chance we're not seeing a sequel, though. Not with these numbers.

Hey at least they tried.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Also have to realize re: Top 15 Wii U sales that digital sales are not included. This is the first console for that to truly matter now during launch.

temper expectations... granted, I don't know your expectations, but judging by peoples reactions these days.... i'd keep them pretty low for what you're implying

Kai

So if 75% sales of Wii U are Black console sales then Nintentoland numbers >320k (not counting individual retail +digital sales).

AzaK

'Nintendo DS only hardware to see year-over-year increase.'

lol BEAST

Nintendo is trying to copy PSP and Vita

Nintendo numbers don't look good at all.

I'm confused - why? They sold most of what they had and just continue to trickle them out. Yes a soft launch with limited supply but not a "oh shit we have millions sitting around in the warehouse! Noone's buyin!".

One of the better launch games, no doubt, but it makes me wonder if everything below it sold like complete garbage.

How? Its:
a) A new game
b) Console exclusive (PC/3DS versions ofc)
c) Very good

Not that the others did anything 'great' just that there isn't anything to extrapolate from that.
Its where I'd expect it to chart, lower and I'd call it bomba.

Acheron

Banned
I'm a huge PS fan but I'm kinda glad All-Stars bombed. You don't release a game like that without Cloud, Snake, Sora, Roxas, Crash and Spyro.

Other than Snake who the fuck are those?

Yes, yes, I vaguely know them but let's be honest dredging up some 90s nostalgia doesn't mean much when half of those names have been buried in shovelware for the last decade.

Vita sales are depressing. Its first holiday season and it cannot even break the 300k mark. PSABR also shown that no one really cared about the project.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Poor Sonic All-Star Racing =\

Well, the idea to release B/W2 on the DS was good ... in theory. In reality, the games seem to underperform in both the US and Europe, while the 3DS has no big game for the holiday season. They planned this really poorly.

I know they did it to increase sales, as it would sell to a larger install base. But as far as strategizing for 3DS sales goes, the 3DS clearly needs a Pokémon to get people to buy it. Or a Brain Training, which I don't see people mention much.

The stand-bys of Mario platformer and Mario Kart and assorted third-party titles aren't convincing people to buy the thing in droves.

But besides sequels, not many games are asked for though, yet we see many new IPs.

...and those some people bought this game. Apparently, that crowd wasn't all that large.

But besides sequels, not many games are asked for though, yet we see many new IPs.
But at least when pitched or after presenting trailers, those new IPs generate excitement. I don't think this one ever did. More criticism, scorn and laughter than anything else.

Lots of people asked for it.

...almost 90,000 of us :(

enjoy it sir!

LOCK

Guess Ninteno Land isn't appealing as a standalone title to people or Zombie U, COD, and Scribble have decent sales.

Uhh It is the most owned game if you include that 75% of the 425k who bought a Wii U has Nintendo Land.

So ~300k + basic purchases = Doing pretty good.

Hero

top 15

Mario
ZombiU
Scribblenaus
cod
jd4
nland
mickey
batman
sonic
skylanders
ac3
sing
nfl13
espn
ng3

Thanks for this. Glad to see Zombi U and Scribblenauts doing well!

Lol at ME3. Fucking EA.

Guess Ninteno Land isn't appealing as a standalone title to people or Zombie U, COD, and Scribble have decent sales.

The Wii U Premium bundle which includes Nintendo Land sold 75% of the launch month hardware. Even if every single Wii U basic person bought Nintendo Land, it couldn't sell more than 106,250 copies. Come on, son.

PS3 All-Stars = <80K

Vita All-Stars = <8K

Oh my god... in comparison, March 2008 NPD statistics put SSB: Brawl at 2.7 MILLION, 875k on its first day in North America.

No words can explain the magnitude of this floppage.

I wonder what the development costs were like with All-Stars. Hope Sony won't take too large of a hit. There's a very good chance we're not seeing a sequel, though. Not with these numbers.
Yea that comparison is..yea..

nickcv

Just to give people an idea of possible sales or at the very least hype/activity, here are the 10 top Miiverse communities as of this morning:

1. Nintendoland- 28,509
2. NSMB U- 24,970
3. ZombiU- 11,511
4. CoD: BO2- 6,066
5. AC3- 3,282
6. Scribblenauts- 3,049
7. Sonic Racing- 2,812
8. Batman: AC- 2,437
9. Ninja Gaiden 3- 1,931
10. Epic Mickey 2- 1,044

I don't this is worth its own thread or anything, but I find it interesting so I'll probably post numbers in this thread regularly.

EDIT- I do not believe the raw numbers (which I believe are total community messages) has any value in terms of predicting raw sales numbers. I do think the general order might be useful in determining the Wii software sales chart for November.

from the wii u release thread:

we know that in 7 days (starting the 18th) 243,000 copies of NSMBU were sold
the data collected by schuelma is from the 21st November, therefore we have data for 4 days

we know for a fact that the number is not the number of posts, but the number of unique users who posted into a community

we can then say that about 1 person out 9 who purchased NSMBU connected its Wii U to the internet in the first 4 days*
that's about 10,27%

* not taking in consideration multiple users for the same copy and those users who posted into the community without having the game

Top Bottom