• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

Pandy

I really don't see how a price cut would make much difference at this point. Are there really that many people who are only holding off on the Wii U because of its price?
It's not about people who are holding off, people who are in the know could have had a cheaper one second-hand or refurbished a long time ago, it's about impulse purchases.

If Nintendo are actually going to market Splatoon on kids TV and have WiiU bundles in physical stores then it needs to drop it into impulse buy territory for parents, and for people curious about the game who wouldn't otherwise take the plunge.

I understand that there are production reasons behind it, but the price has been too high for too long. This Nintendo World Championship thing has the potential to be a great marketing campaign, but it won't make much difference if they can't get the price down.

What happened to The Order? Do they keep track of returns too? I know I saw a million used copies at Gamestop.

Wow, I thought it was nowhere close to being a million-seller.

This is it people, we are looking at the turning of the tide of this console war. There is a long road ahead for the Xbox One but this is where the gap is gradually closed and then extended far in its favour. Once the US is conquered, the revolution will begin in Europe, spreading from the Xbox One fortress of Finland and then in Asia from New Zealand and China. Before we know it the world map will be covered in green and Sony will have no other choice but to admit defeat.

This is the beginning of the end. The age of Sony is done.

L2Y2ANL.jpg

Never forget

Kill3r7

Slow months like April are the worst for predicting NPD sales figures. There were no major exclusives released this month and nothing worthwhile outside of The Show/Bloodborne to impact sales. Heck BB didn't even chart in the Top10. I guess price was the driving factor.

Good for Microsoft!

Mory Dunz

The Wii U number is awful. But I suppose it's to be expected, the consoles gaming line up is so barren. MK and Smash can't do everything.

All they can do is sell what software they can. That's the only way they can try to squeeze out some money from it all. Cause that HW number is barely getting above 10m.

Syrus

Banned
Im glad X1 won, makes it more interesting

I wonder how much X1 won by, probably 10-20k lol. A win is a win in my book

Kusagari

Xbox One could make up a lot of ground this holiday if Sony doesn't drop the price.

Halo 5 and the Gears remake, with one of them bundled, could be scary.

Imagine the damage an even slimmer, cheaper PS4 could do worldwide. It would be game over.

Sony do need to do something. They've been very lacklustre.

What's the definition of lackluster?

I'm confused? I don't think business works by jumping to the high heavens about everything right?

Bloodborne is doing well for the kind of game it is and relative to the other "Souls" games, guys. There's no need for doom and gloom. It placed in the individual SKU chart and was the #2 PSN "top seller" for April. We also know it sold more than one million copies in around 12 days.

Xbox One could make up a lot of ground this holiday if Sony doesn't drop the price.

Halo 5 and the Gears remake, with one of them bundled, could be scary.

if sony bundles star wars battlefront, to coincide with the release of the star wars film, i don't think so.

So Bloodborne did good number? It was just out because the combined SKUs.

Well, it did well enough to make it in the top 10 individual SKUs, but for all we know, that could still be pretty low.

It did come in second on the PSN best-sellers as well, so that's definitely something.

On Demand

Banned
There was no meaningful XBO release in April. Threes no reason it sounds have beast the PS4....but it did and the price difference had a lot to do with it. Considering the almost identical game library, most will go with XBO over PS4.

Of course there are reasons. It had the GS trade in deal. There's a huge PS4 bundle coming up in June.

XB1 has been cheaper than PS4 for awhile. Why are you only focusing on this month?

lol

never change

At least he's honest about it and doesn't hide it.

The Wii U number is awful. But I suppose it's to be expected, the consoles gaming line up is so barren. MK and Smash can't do everything.

Definitely lacks mainstream appeal, but it's not "barren." I have 28 retail games for it, 15 of those exclusive. Few dozen VC and indies to flesh it out. It has a solid library of high quality games, just unfortunately one that the majority of consumers don't care about.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
So how many of those XB1s sold were to replace the systems that were bricked because M$ attacked innocent consumers?

/s.......
alty

are you sure?
because i remember price drops every where b4 titanfall came out.

The TF bundle was $499 if you were lucky you could get it for $450 at some places, but not usually.

The Xbox didn't drop until they has another SKu remove Kinect, which made that SKU $400 and they didn't drop that SKu to $350 until November.

RexNovis

Banned
Guys I blame the Pachter curse

Pachter Expects®:

Xbox One = 175,000
PS4 = 250,000
Wii U = 57,000

Expects 3DS to outsell XBO.

Clearly his prediction altered the time space continuum in such a way that ensured he would be wrong. Only logical explanation.

Geg

Definitely lacks mainstream appeal, but it's not "barren." I have 28 retail games for it, 15 of those exclusive. Few dozen VC and indies to flesh it out. It has a solid library of high quality games, just unfortunately one that the majority of consumers don't care about.

I think they meant in terms of new games. Other than the DLC for Smash and MK8 I don't think anything actually came out for it in April

EatMyFace

Banned
Pent up frustration because a plastic box has been outselling his favorite plastic box for most months.

Didn't you know? Video games are serious business.
And some people get mad when their favorite team of football, basketball, baseball players or whatever don't win....... Keep in mind these are complete strangers to most people.

Fandom is an illogical thing. You pick a side for no apparent reason excerpt in the case of consoles many people may view it as an investment.

Duxxy3

Isn't it a little early for that? When did the 360 and PS3 slims come out? 2010 and 2009, right?

There's a ton of fat that you can cut out of the xbox one. I think there was some concern of overheating, but the PS4 has shown that this hardware doesn't have that problem.

Guys I blame the Pachter curse

Clearly his prediction altered the time space continuum in such a way that ensured he would be wrong. Only logical explanation.

250K for PS4? What would make him think it would sell that much in April?

There's a ton of fat that you can cut out of the xbox one. I think there was some concern of overheating, but the PS4 has shown that this hardware doesn't have that problem.

Sure, but it hasn't even been 2 years yet. We won't hear about a slim console from either at least until next year.

Top Bottom