• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I would agree with you if XB1 didn't have those trade in deals going on and there's wasn't a Batman bundle people would want to wait for.

Now i expect XB1 to win May too.

Eh, i think PS4 will win this month.

BriGuy

Really random X1 win since there were no big releases. Where there any new bundles or promotions?

And it seems Bloodborne has no legs in the US. Sales were very front loaded and it lost momentum. It still did great numbers but I think more was expected.
I kind of knew it would peter out fast. With previous Souls games (even DS2), I immediately started another game as soon as I finished it. With bloodborne on the other hand, as good as it is, I kind of felt I had seen everything it had to offer after my first go.

I'm calling it now: Xbone will take top spot for May too, if only because everyone is expecting a PS4 price drop in June.

JeffGrubb

Analyst comments:

“April 2015 hardware sales decreased by 4 percent due to the 55 percent decline in sales of [Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii] hardware,” NPD analyst Liam Callahan said in a statement provided to GamesBeat. “[Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U] hardware sales were stable, and portable hardware increased by 36 percent.”

“Declines in hardware dollar sales were due to a decrease in average price of 4 percent, due to a drop in console hardware pricing,” said Callahan.

“For new physical console software, eighth-generation consoles sales grew by 200 percent in revenue, which offset declines from seventh-generation consoles of 62 percent, and portable declines of 32 percent,” said Callahan. “Overall, console software increased by 20 percent, leading to overall video game software growth of 13 percent.”

“If the top 10 software list was ranked on a SKU basis rather than a title basis, PS4’s Bloodborne, 3DS’s Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and Wii U’s Mario Party 10 would make the list.”

“One possible reason for the soft April accessory sales is the shift in the Easter holiday in 2015. Most of this year’s Easter sales were likely to occur in March, while sales may have fallen into April last year, making for a poor comparison. (Easter occurred on April 5th in 2015 and on April 20th in 2014).”

“Gamepad sales increased by 27 percent due to the 83 percent increase in sales from eighth-generation gamepads. The best-selling gamepad SKU in April 2015 was the XBO WIRELESS CONTROLLER, with sales up by 56 percent.”

“Video game point & subscription cards had the highest sales within the accessories category; sales, however, declined from last April.”

A.J.

Banned
I'm now super curious to see who will win the month of Witcher 3. It looked to be tracking higher on PS4 but it is also marketed with Xbox. Next month chart hype.

QaaQer

Pretty funny to see these dubious narratives being generated about Bloodborne just because it wasn't in the top 10 in the U.S. In its 2nd month.

Naw, that comes from ducktv's bloodborne lounge which was recorded 7 days after release--except for the 'not a very good one imo' which came from my brief time with the game (approx 10hrs).

I mean, Xbone kind of needs to do well in the US, no other market cares that much (maybe UK I guess, I know they loved the 360, but I don't know how the Xbone stacks up there)

Mashing

I'm surprised Smash outsold Bloodborne. Dem legs.

About Xbox One sales, I'm not surprised. When you see adds for multiplatform games they always seem to highlight the Xbox One version (Witcher 3 being the latest example)

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Xbox be like:

i8JpS.jpg

Top Bottom