• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2013 [Up2: Tons of Nintendo Software]

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Madden releases in about the last week of August every year.

Madden wasn't on last August's NPD:

Darksiders 2 (360, PS3, PC)
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)
Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)

Okay, so why are PS3 and 360 still so expensive then?

Surely they can't cost that much to make anymore?

I was convinced they would sell for years to come as budget consoles, but with these sales I am not so sure.
They will... they are just trying to coast on current-price profits until they need to drop the prices.

B.O.O.M

Possibility that 3DS outsold 360 high?

I think that's confirmed. Question is by how much

lol can't imagine how bad vita/wiiu stuff must be

Speaking of which hopefully John Harker will chime in with Splinter Cell's performance on the wiiu as I recall him saying it's a game being watched closely by publishers

I told my sister not to buy blacklist and wait for GTAV to buy as a gift for her boyfriend.

I imagine GTAV. Is going to cannibalize all software next month.

I feel bad for Rayman.

Road

Nothing from Nintendo yet? I mean, a Wii U exclusive game in the top 10!!!

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 software specifically “combined to grow over 50 percent and are now only down only one percent year to date, which he called “remarkable” considering how close we are to the launch of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. He added that PS3’s Tales of Xillia would have made the top 10 if individual SKUs were counted (in other words, if sales across platforms weren’t combined for the top 10).

Dragon's Crown bomba? I guess the outrage didn't help...

So if Dead Space isn't getting a sequel...and it sold 600k on two platforms...does that mean Splinter Cell is even more dead after selling less than 300k on three platforms???

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He added that PS3’s Tales of Xillia would have made the top 10 if individual SKUs were counted (in other words, if sales across platforms weren’t combined for the top 10).

WOW

Xenugears

Neo Member
Ouch, Splinter Cell: Blacklist across all platforms won't even come close to (Xbox exclusive) Conviction numbers which was about 1 million US, 2 mill worldwide. The Michael Ironside effect in action.

PhantomR

Banned
500px-Captain_Olimar.png

Strut ya stuff, playa! Nice job :)

Timeaisis

Pikmin 3 charted. Huh. That's cool, I guess. I wonder how it did digitally, I know they were pushing it. I wonder how the Wii U will do when when the price cut takes effect.

Kunan

I assume that MS presser ignores the 3DS? I wonder how it did with M&L charting. EDIT: N/m just saw the comments above.

Feels weird seeing a Wii U game in the top 10 again! Happy to see people buying Pikmin 3 :D

SmokyDave

I think that's confirmed. Question is by how much

lol can't imagine how bad vita/wiiu stuff must be

Speaking of which hopefully John Harker will chime in with Splinter Cell's performance on the wiiu as I recall him saying it's a game being watched closely by publishers
If Splinter Cell Wii U has performed on par with the UK & Japan, it'll have bombed spectacularly.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I assume that MS presser ignores the 3DS? I wonder how it did with M&L charting.

Feels weird seeing a Wii U game in the top 10 again! Happy to see people buying Pikmin 3 :D

MS presser always ignores handhelds.

HDDs are REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY cheap. They just don't want to put them in.

It's not about HDDs cost though, but more about the space they take inside the console.

HDDs are probably the reason why console manufacturers can't shrink them like they used to in the past.

Here the PS2 slim for example, just look at how small it is:

PS3SlimVsPS2.jpg

And here the even smaller $100 model:

DaBoss

How much did the first Skylanders sell in its first month?

Skylanders from Activision, sold about 100,000 starter kit units in October 2011, its first month in stores.

It's not about HDDs cost though, but more about the space they take inside the console.

HDDs are probably the reason why console manufacturers can't shrink them like they used to in the past.

Here the PS2 slim for example, just look at how small it is:

PS3SlimVsPS2.jpg

And here the even smaller $100 model:

That is true, but the cost of the components of the PS3 (and 360) are really cheap now. They can even just make it so the system uses an external drive couldn't they?

Pociask

Doesn't bode well for future 3rd party support for wiiu I guess. Thanks for chiming in on the subject

I can't see it changing anyone's minds, really. What, you were going to publish a Wii U game, but now won't because a game that bomba'd did worst on a console with the smallest install base?

Haters gonna hate, dreamers gonna dream.

Top Bottom