• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

GottiDC said:
no matter how u won't to put it the wii is a cheap toy and that's it. Its somthing allot of kids buy to play there colorfull games like mario. Its a toy itnot a big next ten system like the ps3 and the 360 is. Nintendo knew they couldnt play that game vs them so the took another route. I hope they don't ty to act like there beating Sony and ms in this yen wit that toy because they said it them slfs before the wii was released that they wernt going vs ps3 and he xbox.

Is English not your first language, or are you 10?

GottiDC said:
do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06. Do people for get that ps3 gained up 5million user base at $600, before the price drop of Nov 06. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales. Do people for get that the reason cod4sold more on 360 is because its shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is jugling 3 systems at one time. So do u really think when they respond to the ndp that there not going to respond about it. Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy) do people forget that psp and ds are for diffrent people,ps3 And the 360 are for diffrent people than the wii. Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system, who only care about games, andrefuse to leave the house. I no that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be a diffent ad waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.

These guys are a dying breed. Once loud and proud post E305 through pre E306, now we just get a rare sighting of them every once in a while when the come out every once in a great while. It's like seeing a rare animal in the wild.

Bildi

GottiDC said:
do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06. Do people for get that ps3 gained up 5million user base at $600, before the price drop of Nov 06. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales. Do people for get that the reason cod4sold more on 360 is because its shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is jugling 3 systems at one time. So do u really think when they respond to the ndp that there not going to respond about it. Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy) do people forget that psp and ds are for diffrent people,ps3 And the 360 are for diffrent people than the wii. Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system, who only care about games, andrefuse to leave the house. I no that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be a diffent ad waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.
:lol :lol :lol

Thank you NPD - these are the most precious gifts of all.

Narag

GottiDC said:
no matter how u won't to put it the wii is a cheap toy and that's it. Its somthing allot of kids buy to play there colorfull games like mario. Its a toy itnot a big next ten system like the ps3 and the 360 is. Nintendo knew they couldnt play that game vs them so the took another route. I hope they don't ty to act like there beating Sony and ms in this yen wit that toy because they said it them slfs before the wii was released that they wernt going vs ps3 and he xbox.

:lol

GottiDC said:
but in all if u guys won't the future of gaming to be waggling wounds around more power to u keep buying that nonsense.

These things are our friends:

Capitalization
Punctuation
Real words ("u" is not a word)
Common sense

Great contribution to the thread, despite your best efforts!

Kevtones

GottiDC said:

and a star is born...

WELCOME NEW GALAXY

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
GottiDC said:
Wo-hoo! We got another one!

I love NPD threads. Come for the info stay for the crazy.

GottiDC said:

A challenger appears

Wollan

All the hardware seemed slightly less than I would have guessed (which I didn't but I believed 850k PS3, 1.3 X360)

I'm confident Uncharted will pass 1m eventually worldwide now which is a relief considering the quality of that project.

Also, COD4 when counting all platforms is the best selling fps of 07 and by a good margin it would seem (worldwide). Not sure if it deserves to be the best selling but it was definitely a great game so good on them. The next iterations won't seem as fresh though most likely.

jet1911

GottiDC said:

Wow! People like you do exist. :lol

Shinobi

GottiDC said:

72hrtp2.jpg

GottiDC

Banned
seriously I tripped in even making this thread to even add fuel to you guys lameness. Any time npd coke out u guess act as I'd u guys just got some ass from some girls are something. Just realize that the NPs is not what runs the world and there are other things I do than worry about sells. I admit I tool it a lil over the top wit my post. But that was only because I felt u guys forgot about things. But when see people talking about how they haven't seen people talking like this since er 05. And people remebering what wallpaper I had on my ps3, and people worrying about grammar and speelling errors on a gaming form, I see people really don't have lives, out side the Internet my sysem outsells your system thungness. Sorry for my post I didnt mean to bring the lameness out event more from most of you people. I'm out

GottiDC said:
Do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06? Do people for get that ps3 sold 5 million systems at $600, before the price drop of Nov 07. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales? Do people forget that the reason COD 4 sold more on 360 is because the 360 is a shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is juggling 3 systems at one time? So do you really think when they respond to the NPD that they're not going to respond about it? Do people forget that cheap toys always sell more than video games(wii=toy)? Do people forget that the psp and ds are for different demographics ? And that PS3 and the 360 are for a different demographic than the wii is? Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system, but of course its going to be like that when you have the lamest geeks in the world buying the system who only care about games, and refuse to leave the house. I know that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did you see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne stressed kids in that line than 20 years of strides and proactive commercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be different and waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.

First off, I think that there is something in the terms of agreement regarding grammar. Look at how many errors you made.

Second off, you are completely ignorant and I feel dumber for reading this. You complain that 360 gamers only care about games. Is that bad? I lived in a fraternity house and every had a 360. Believe it or not, they probably also got their dick tickled more often than you, so they left the house too. MGS4 and R2 will be great games, but they are going to save gaming? From what? Shooter heaven being on another console?

And whats with the acne comments? Many people cant help that they have it. I had acne back in high school, but it was caused by my football helmet. I knew girls that had acne because they wore make up to impress guys. Its hardly something that is unique to gaming, let alone the 360 crowd. I hope you dont last here much longer.

GottiDC said:
seriously I tripped in even making this thread to even add fuel to you guys lameness. Any time npd coke out u guess act as I'd u guys just got some ass from some girls are something. Just realize that the NPs is not what runs the world and there are other things I do than worry about sells. I admit I tool it a lil over the top wit my post. But that was only because I felt u guys forgot about things. But when see people talking about how they haven't seen people talking like this since er 05. And people remebering what wallpaper I had on my ps3, and people worrying about grammar and speelling errors on a gaming form, I see people really don't have lives, out side the Internet my sysem outsells your system thungness. Sorry for my post I didnt mean to bring the lameness out event more from most of you people. I'm out
I hope English isn't your first language

ivysaur12

Banned
GottiDC said:
Seriously how did u find these old post, how could u ever fund things like this thatare a month old. Do u just sit there and remember peope post and find stuff that they say?

Just keep it coming.

GottiDC said:
Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy)

the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system

I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials

:lol :lol :lol Oh boy you sound so disappointed :lol

C'mon, you should have at least mentioned TEH BLUHRAYAH VICTORYYYYYY

GottiDC said:
Seriously how did u find these old post, how could u ever fund things like this thatare a month old. Do u just sit there and remember peope post and find stuff that they say?

You have 45 posts and have been around for 2 months. Its not that hard to go through your history. As long as you have that 'junior' understand you name, you will be doubted. The only way to make it through is post like crazy yet in a sane manner or bide your time....

BelligerentOC said:
You have 45 posts and have been around for 2 months. Its not that hard to go through your history. As long as you have that 'junior' understand you name, you will be doubted. The only way to make it through is post like crazy yet in a sane manner or bide your time....
I'd say as long as his posts look like that, he could have 99999 posts and still have people cracking him upside the head with the goofball bat.

Ydahs

GottiDC said:
but in all if u guys won't the future of gaming to be waggling wounds around more power to u keep buying that nonsense.

:lol :lol I had to reread this post several times to understand what's going on.

Wounds = wands? How'd you end up with that? :lol

Bildi

GottiDC said:

Don't stop - you've got some great material.

BelligerentOC said:
You have 45 posts and have been around for 2 months.
I have a feeling he doesn't realise you can look up someone's post history.

GottiDC said:
Sorry for my post I didnt mean to bring the lameness out event more from most of you people. I'm out

It's like clockwork, the people who always say they are leaving the threads are the ones that never ever do.

GottiDC said:

GottiDC said:

6lts1s0.jpg

GottiDC

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Actually that's a pretty nice set-up with a pretty great wall paper. How could someone with such great taste be so...clueless?

Because I do other things than gaming, and buss some geez on my self because new ndp r out. I mean cone on I work, I get my paper I get my girls(which is not all life has to offer at all) but when people tend to sit there and be blind and act like Sony is not juggling 3 system in the market. Lie ps3 titles didnt get delayed, and like any other sysem that did not have the playstation name on it would sell 5 million systems in less than a year at a price of 600 bucks.

And to the guy about the acne comment, yes there r people who can't help it, but when u choose not to do anything about it, and jus go out looking dirty and playing halo3 all day becuzz the only friends u have are over xbox live, yes I'm going to talk bad. I mean some of u guys here while playing online when u hear a girls voice u guys try so hard to try and impress them and ask them so many question while there tying to play a game online. But it ubsaw ten in real life u wouldn't even turn your face at the cuz u know ur ugly as hell. If people wouldn't jeez on them Seles over NEP numbers I wouldn't have anything to say, but when ur blind ur blind

Bildi

The Faceless Master said:
cmon guys, how can we hate GottiDC when he has a melyssa ford wallpaper?
:lol I love it how he refers to his TV as "1080p LCD 42inch phillips pixelperfect technology tv".

He might not be able to write, but he's pretty good at reading the stickers on the front of his TV (except it actually says "Perfect Pixel").

Ydahs

GottiDC said:

Do these other things include learning the English language?

pxleyes

Banned
GottiDC said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol Holy crap who let you out?

Oh ya, and Nintendo you are NUTS! 2.47 million! 1.1 million! WOWOW

Narag

GottiDC said:
Because I do other things than gaming, and buss some geez on my self because new ndp r out. I mean cone on I work, I get my paper I get my girls(which is not all life has to offer at all) but when people tend to sit there and be blind and act like Sony is not juggling 3 system in the market. Lie ps3 titles didnt get delayed, and like any other sysem that did not have the playstation name on it would sell 5 million systems in less than a year at a price of 600 bucks.

And to the guy about the acne comment, yes there r people who can't help it, but when u choose not to do anything about it, and jus go out looking dirty and playing halo3 all day becuzz the only friends u have are over xbox live, yes I'm going to talk bad. I mean some of u guys here while playing online when u hear a girls voice u guys try so hard to try and impress them and ask them so many question while there tying to play a game online. But it ubsaw ten in real life u wouldn't even turn your face at the cuz u know ur ugly as hell. If people wouldn't jeez on them Seles over NEP numbers I wouldn't have anything to say, but when ur blind ur blind

Go on.

Alcibiades

BelligerentOC said:
I hope this is a joke response, because that guy is NOT serious...

Yes he is good for entertainment and a laugh, but he's doing parody (on purpose) and I feel sorry for posters so out of the loop that they think otherwise.

GottiDC

Banned
Bildi said:

Don't stop - you've got some great material.

I have a feeling he doesn't realise you can look up someone's post history.
then why in the world would any dude go into another guys profile and search his history, if he didnt have anything eles better to do? Wow u guys may see me as some kind of joke, but after seeing how u guys react to NEP numbers, and going threw other dudes profile post history really shows me how u guys work.

by looking at those numbers one must admit that 2007 was the year for the xbox360 and it deserved it since there are many great games that came out exclusively for the system, having said that though, 2008 looks like the year of the PS3.

Jag22

Banned
Personally I think this is going to be one of the longest console generations we've ever seen. Sony and Microsoft are in it for the long haul, it just costs too much money with a new console launch. Especially with all the unkowns that come with a new console.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo stuck it out for longer than 5 years for the Wii. As long as their software keeps selling (I say "their", because lets face it, 3rd party games don't sell on the WII). If anything Nintendo is the company who least wants to change.

If it weren't for the Genesis they would have rode the NES out longer. They stuck to the Gameboy for years, too many years really.

I think it's going to be a very long time untill we see the next generation. And to be honest, that's probably the best thing for gaming.

Alcibiades said:
I hope this is a joke response, because that guy is NOT serious...

Yes he is good for entertainment and a laugh, but he's doing parody (on purpose) and I feel sorry for posters so out of the loop that they think otherwise.

If this guy is doing it for a laugh, then he is brilliant. He's got the Gamefaqs fanboy attitude down to a T.

SuperBonk

Bravo GottiDC. I don't know whether you're serious or just putting on an act but either way, I do know you've made this thread amazing.

GottiDC said:
or maybe i remember people who like melyssa ford?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GottiDC said:
then why in the world would any dude go into another guys profile and search his history, if he didnt have anything eles better to do? Wow u guys may see me as some kind of joke, but after seeing how u guys react to NEP numbers, and going threw other dudes profile post history really shows me how u guys work.

6yp0zli.gif

Hardware overall is lower than I expected. But holy crap at the software, specifically COD4, Rock Band, and Guitar Hero. Considering how expensive Rock Band is, it is selling amazingly well. COD4 across ps3 and 360 has sold in excess of 5 million worldwide. And Guitar Hero is just an absolute monster.

GottiDC

Banned
Bildi said:
:lol I love it how he refers to his TV as "1080p LCD 42inch phillips pixelperfect technology tv".

He might not be able to write, but he's pretty good at reading the stickers on the front of his TV (except it actually says "Perfect Pixel").
Wow like there's a bug diffrence between pixel perfect and perfect pixel.wow jus wow! U really owned me on that one.

And about my typeingfor give me I'm typing on my iPhone while trying to sleep my bad. Touch screens take a while to get used to.

Top Bottom