• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

GottiDC said:
then why in the world would any dude go into another guys profile and search his history, if he didnt have anything eles better to do? Wow u guys may see me as some kind of joke, but after seeing how u guys react to NEP numbers, and going threw other dudes profile post history really shows me how u guys work.
yea shit bro uve got lots to b proud of so dont swet none of the shit these loosers are flapin abot they probly just cant c thru all the grese the pimpels on ther faces make

Spike

GottiDC said:
do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06. Do people for get that ps3 gained up 5million user base at $600, before the price drop of Nov 06. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales. Do people for get that the reason cod4sold more on 360 is because its shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is jugling 3 systems at one time. So do u really think when they respond to the ndp that there not going to respond about it. Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy) do people forget that psp and ds are for diffrent people,ps3 And the 360 are for diffrent people than the wii. Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system, who only care about games, andrefuse to leave the house. I no that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be a diffent ad waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.

--------------

no matter how u won't to put it the wii is a cheap toy and that's it. Its somthing allot of kids buy to play there colorfull games like mario. Its a toy itnot a big next ten system like the ps3 and the 360 is. Nintendo knew they couldnt play that game vs them so the took another route. I hope they don't ty to act like there beating Sony and ms in this yen wit that toy because they said it them slfs before the wii was released that they wernt going vs ps3 and he xbox.

--------------

but in all if u guys won't the future of gaming to be waggling wounds around more power to u keep buying that nonsense.

--------------

seriously I tripped in even making this thread to even add fuel to you guys lameness. Any time npd coke out u guess act as I'd u guys just got some ass from some girls are something. Just realize that the NPs is not what runs the world and there are other things I do than worry about sells. I admit I tool it a lil over the top wit my post. But that was only because I felt u guys forgot about things. But when see people talking about how they haven't seen people talking like this since er 05. And people remebering what wallpaper I had on my ps3, and people worrying about grammar and speelling errors on a gaming form, I see people really don't have lives, out side the Internet my sysem outsells your system thungness. Sorry for my post I didnt mean to bring the lameness out event more from most of you people. I'm out

--------------

Because I do other things than gaming, and buss some geez on my self because new ndp r out. I mean cone on I work, I get my paper I get my girls(which is not all life has to offer at all) but when people tend to sit there and be blind and act like Sony is not juggling 3 system in the market. Lie ps3 titles didnt get delayed, and like any other sysem that did not have the playstation name on it would sell 5 million systems in less than a year at a price of 600 bucks.

And to the guy about the acne comment, yes there r people who can't help it, but when u choose not to do anything about it, and jus go out looking dirty and playing halo3 all day becuzz the only friends u have are over xbox live, yes I'm going to talk bad. I mean some of u guys here while playing online when u hear a girls voice u guys try so hard to try and impress them and ask them so many question while there tying to play a game online. But it ubsaw ten in real life u wouldn't even turn your face at the cuz u know ur ugly as hell. If people wouldn't jeez on them Seles over NEP numbers I wouldn't have anything to say, but when ur blind ur blind

--------------

then why in the world would any dude go into another guys profile and search his history, if he didnt have anything eles better to do? Wow u guys may see me as some kind of joke, but after seeing how u guys react to NEP numbers, and going threw other dudes profile post history really shows me how u guys work.

6jpkqdg.gif

GottiDC

Banned
ow then u guys talk about people on youtube who do things for jokes like there Herod on this form. I tell u if the media doesnt run the world here in america I don't no what does. People can't keep there moth shut about people doing stupid stuff. The way people act here in america is jus crazy. U guys have all ready killed anna nicole now u fools are trying to kill brittney and that other hoe lindsy. If fools would keep there mouth shut and keep ur mouth shut about peope, people would call America bad names as they do no. I guess u guys r the ones who voted for bush...... Now u guys regret it

jman2050

GottiDC said:
ow then u guys talk about people on youtube who do things for jokes like there Herod on this form. I tell u if the media doesnt run the world here in america I don't no what does. People can't keep there moth shut about people doing stupid stuff. The way people act here in america is jus crazy. U guys have all ready killed anna nicole now u fools are trying to kill brittney and that other hoe lindsy. If fools would keep there mouth shut and keep ur mouth shut about peope, people would call America bad names as they do no. I guess u guys r the ones who voted for bush...... Now u guys regret it

OMG :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

KarishBHR

When I first saw this thread I thought the PS2 numbers were for PS3... I was like OMG PS3 on the rise!!! But then I, I realized...

:lol :lol :lol I was high:lol :lol :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
GottiDC said:

What. The. Fuck.

:lol :lol :lol

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

GottiDC said:

Chad Warden confirmed? You do kinda write like he talks...

Tieno said:
So basically laughing with GottiDC's meltdown.

More or less... His has been pretty good

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
GottiDC said:

What in the hell. Wrong thread? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: I see now. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tieno said:
I just noticed this thread, can someone give me the cliff notes?
All systems up month on month.
Snah cracked, TJ smacked.
Drama queens cried, Sony lied.
But 2008, and Pachter hate.
Bad grammar from GottiDC, software sales for all too see!

I think I got the gist.

GottiDC

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
i dont see y u ned to dis my main damie on the nay no my bammy. You ain't come one but many tine tanies. aint no ned 2 cum up in here lamie ty on Gotti.

He probably just got a new haircut.
wow jus wow.
I'm glad I'm some sort of entertainment to u guys but jeez when we get to racist thing like this, I say u all loose. I'm allways in it for contrversy but its all good.

KarishBHR

OldJadedGamer said:
These guys are a dying breed. Once loud and proud post E305 through pre E306, now we just get a rare sighting of them every once in a while when the come out every once in a great while. It's like seeing a rare animal in the wild.

Great post :)

Tieno

GottiDC said:
DCKINGOFKINGS.jpg

GottiDC said:
wow jus wow.
I'm glad I'm some sort of entertainment to u guys but jeez when we get to racist thing like this, I say u all loose. I'm allways in it for contrversy but its all good.

A stripper is a form of entertainment, you are more like watching a sinking ship, unable to look away...

Deku

Banned
The hardware side is more or less as expected. No surprise Wii 2nd place showing, all the numbers are pretty much inline with what we've predicted based on the early PR from Sony/MS and expectations that Nintendo can't ship many more than the barely 1 million in the 4 weeks of November. Looks like they kept pace as predicted in this 5 week NPD.

The only big news is the DS numbers but at this point most people are more interested in hawking their 10 year plans so it's not even a point of contention anymore.

FIREBABY

GottiDC said:
do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06. Do people for get that ps3 gained up 5million user base at $600, before the price drop of Nov 06. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales. Do people for get that the reason cod4sold more on 360 is because its shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is jugling 3 systems at one time. So do u really think when they respond to the ndp that there not going to respond about it. Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy) do people forget that psp and ds are for diffrent people,ps3 And the 360 are for diffrent people than the wii. Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system, who only care about games, andrefuse to leave the house. I no that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be a diffent ad waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.
Good lord.:lol :lol Everytime I think I've caught up with this thread this happens. Between Snah, tjhooker, and sheive(or whatever his name was) they have shown true loyalty in their beliefs. Keep fighting the good fight fellas. If 2008 isn't the year for you always switch to the next. And yeah crazy numbers all around(good and bad).

Borys

Banned
Thanks dudes for the replies. I think I'll have to read through the whole thread myself for the lols. Tieno, you with me? We readin' that whole thing?

Also Sony fans' spin is nothing unexpected, *sigh*.

Borys said:
Thanks dudes for the replies. I think I'll have to read through the whole thread myself for the lols. Tieno, you with me? We readin' that whole thing?

Baby... it'll blow your mind.

/Brannigan

Tieno

Borys said:

You're on your own, sorry. I'm just in it to check the numbers and the lulz. Not going to read 1000s of posts.

GottiDC said:
Because I do other things than gaming, and buss some geez on my self because new ndp r out. I mean cone on I work, I get my paper I get my girls(which is not all life has to offer at all) but when people tend to sit there and be blind and act like Sony is not juggling 3 system in the market. Lie ps3 titles didnt get delayed, and like any other sysem that did not have the playstation name on it would sell 5 million systems in less than a year at a price of 600 bucks.

And to the guy about the acne comment, yes there r people who can't help it, but when u choose not to do anything about it, and jus go out looking dirty and playing halo3 all day becuzz the only friends u have are over xbox live, yes I'm going to talk bad. I mean some of u guys here while playing online when u hear a girls voice u guys try so hard to try and impress them and ask them so many question while there tying to play a game online. But it ubsaw ten in real life u wouldn't even turn your face at the cuz u know ur ugly as hell. If people wouldn't jeez on them Seles over NEP numbers I wouldn't have anything to say, but when ur blind ur blind

you see, while it's obvious that you will get slammed for posting this type of thinking, i keep hearing things like these in real life.

when talking to friends, or in a gamestore, people often forget to rationalize and just blurt things out. talking to the guy at EB or gamestop is where you find claims like wii is for kids, 360 is for nerds, that kind of stuff.

gottidc seems like a guy that is still perplex that things haven't got back to "normal" and that still believe that ps3 will eventually stomp the competition, given time.

i always believed that NA was more friendly to MS because altough the gap between ps2 and xbox was large, it wasen't grand canyon large during october 2001 to october 2005. (anyone with numbers?) sony had a lead, ww was a different story, but i could foresee the next xbox changing that marketshare a bit. that coupled with the year advantadge, ended up defining NA this gen: ps3 will always be on catch up mode. many sony fans just didn't understand that gamers go where the games are. many exclusives are not exclusives anymore, that's the real reason why you can't just expect a ps3 miracle.

as a ps3-single console owner, i just hope they can be competitive, because i want to enjoy my system. domination? that already in the past.

and then you have the wii, which is something that people love to talk about it but can't really explain because its new. gottidc and many other guys that i know just label as a toy. we can't deny that an expressive number of consumers think that way, and i believe that's because they still don't know what it is.

i used my little nephew as an example. avid sony fan, this kid (9years old) just got his PS2 and dreams with my ps3. but then one day i decided to take him to a house to play wii sports and mario and sonic. he came out just saying that it was fun. he wants to have that experience again, even tough his first reaction was "why do the players look so bad?" (wii sports).

nintendo is winning people like my little nephew, and sony fans just don't see that. in one side you have hardcore nintendo fans supporting the system in places like gaf, and in other hand you have millions of people buying the system because its cool. it's not a fad, it's something new that we just can't predict its future. i think its a system that goes along with the others, unlike 360 x ps3

2008 will only be good for ps3 owners if they just enjoy the games and forget the market. we wont see ps3 outselling 360 until a price drop/bundle/DS packed in or MGS4. and even in those scenarios, it's a chance, not a given. (that in NA, rest of the world is a different story).

if people are already melting down, then january NPD will be crazy.

800k is pretty fucking impressive for a console that started at 600 dollars and was an industry joke a year ago. yeah "this is neogaf dude" but do you guys actually ever think about the future, or do you predict shit based on what happened two days ago? how many of you people predicted the wii would be selling like it is? but now you are all industry experts because you can quote the current numbers are yell "this won't change!". if you couldnt predict the wiis success how can you claim to predict its downfall (or non downfall)

blu ray, 300 dollar price point, bye bye competition. the 360 can't move outside of the US and the wii will wear off as people actually get hdtv's. so yeah enjoy playing a plumber collecting stars (cause thats what real gamers play) cause it won't last. KZ2, FF13, MGS4, GT5? should i go on? ps2 owners havent even made the jump yet and when their old favourites hit the ps3 they will all move on to the system

Eteric Rice

TheHeretic said:
800k is pretty fucking impressive for a console that started at 600 dollars and was an industry joke a year ago. yeah "this is neogaf dude" but do you guys actually ever think about the future, or do you predict shit based on what happened two days ago? how many of you people predicted the wii would be selling like it is? but now you are all industry experts because you can quote the current numbers are yell "this won't change!". if you couldnt predict the wiis success how can you claim to predict its downfall (or non downfall)

blu ray, 300 dollar price point, bye bye competition. the 360 can't move outside of the US and the wii will wear off as people actually get hdtv's. so yeah enjoy playing a plumber collecting stars (cause thats what real gamers play) cause it won't last. KZ2, FF13, MGS4, GT5? should i go on? ps2 owners havent even made the jump yet and when their old favourites hit the ps3 they will all move on to the system

Oh God, another one...

C4Lukins

Tieno said:
So basically laughing with GottiDC's meltdown.

TjHooker was banned for his usual antics. Snah came in for a couple of pages of great damage control. Then another guy who was defending Snah started calling everyone gay and was banned. Other then that it has been pretty civil. Nintendo kicked ass, MS did ok on the hardware side and great in software, and the PS3 continued to struggle. There are some more numbers scattered throughout the thread, but Uncharted did around 200K, AC PS3 did over 400K, COD4 PS3 did around 550K, Rock Band 360 did around 450K, Mass Effect did around 400K, over 60 games did over 100K, GH3 Wii was just outside of the top 10, and that is all I remember off the top of my head without actually looking. There was also some BS Sony and MS PR. The only really significant thing I remember from the MS PR was that there were 33 third party 360 games in the top ten, 5 PS3, and 4 Wii games throughout the year. Again that is all off the top of my head so some of it may be a bit off.

jman2050

Google is your friend

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=314159282&topic_id=26084409

GottiDC said:
system wars does not round up? huh, but it say 90% right there on the screen.....can people really be this dumb here at sw?

so you guys are that blind not to see at the top it says 90%.....even with the 89.6, thats still 90 no matter how you try to change it. it will just get higher tomorow forget it. these guys are loosers for real im up

uncharted is aaa, mass effect is aaa,(even though it sems to be going down)

uncharted will only go up come tomorrow,

and god bless you xbox fans. i cant believe you guys think 89.5 is not 90% like its not aaa. if you guys have that mush hate for sony may god bless you dearly.

you guys act as if sony killed your parents are somthing.

My personal favorite

*/QUOTE*

if you estimate it.

so if you had a math problem such as 45.3 + 44.3 = 89.6, but ended up putting 90 as an answer do you think your teacher wont mark it as incorrect?

*/QUOTE*

nope the teacher would allways say round up, and some calculaters would say 90, too.

GottiDC said:
Willing to take a ban bet?

Top Bottom