• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

davepoobond said:
the 11 million is the total worldwide, i believe, by the end of fiscal 07.........

but even if it was, PS3 sold maybe a million outside fiscal 07 anyway i think. it wasn't even out in Europe until fiscal 07. It actually came out right at the beginning of it iirc.

March 07 - March 08 = Fiscal 07 for Sony
At least 2 million units outside of fiscal 07. It wasn't until March or April that PS3 sales bottomed out.

GhettoGamer said:
You PS3 fanboys are really starting to sound like hte N64/GC era fanboys, everyone of your post have your listing those games, like they are Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and SmashBro. True, those game sold very good on the n64/GC but they didnt help them do a come behind like your "claiming" the PS3 will do when thier "AAA" games come out

You would think someone with a name like GhettoGamer would sympathize with minorities.

What's so wrong with a little hope? Martin Luther King had a dream. Why can't PS3 fanboys?

Duke Togo

This thread is full of mind crushing bullshit. Man I'm glad I own all 3 current gen systems, otherwise I too might turn into a babbling fucktard fanboy.

GottiDC

Banned
jman2050 said:
That post took me all of 3 minutes to find and compile.

You probably take longer than that posting from your iPhone.
the question is why would u do it. I mean from another fourm? What actually got u to say hey let me go get some old be post?

How can u even still remember me?
And please don't hate on the iPhone

BelligerentOC said:
Funny you mention getting laid. Playing the wii with girls is one of the easier ways to get laid... purposely lose a couple bowl matches and youre in...

No. On the list of "Ways to get laid," anything involving the Wii has to be in bottom 5%.

When you say "Laid," you mean having sexual relations, right?

Thunder Monkey said:
All systems up month on month.
Snah cracked, TJ smacked.
Drama queens cried, Sony lied.
But 2008, and Pachter hate.
Bad grammar from GottiDC, software sales for all too see!
We didn't start the fi-re

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Thunder Monkey said:
At least 2 million units outside of fiscal 07. It wasn't until March or April that PS3 sales bottomed out.

well, i shouldn't be quoted, but i remember PS3 doing 450k-ish in November in US, around 200k in Japan...

then in December like 600k maybe? Japan probably around 300k...

January was like 120k, with like japan being like 80k for the next few months. eventually USA got to be like 80k in Feb/march...

but regardless, that number was for total console sales.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IronicallyTwisted said:
yeah ok whatever. you can't even like a console in this thread without being labelled a maniac. gran turismo is the best selling franchise of all time, and you dont think it will make a difference? theres a shitload of GT fans out there just waiting for the next game and when it releases, the npd threads are going to be very, very different and you guys are going to look so retatrded.

I know we've been turning Wii success's into non games, but since when did we non-game the Mario and Pokemon franchises? Hell, what about The Sims?

Borys

Banned
bishoptl said:
You members of the HD-DVD militia never cease to amuse. Keep camping out in the jungle fellas, the Emperor still requires your services. :lol

You remember Gary Whitta's post so well :lol

2real4tv

PS3 was out marketed in the US simple and plain...x360 with 2 free games is a no brainer to a parent vs ps3 with no games at the 399 price point.

FIREBABY

PuppetMaster said:
You would think someone with a name like GhettoGamer would sympathize with minorities.

What's so wrong with a little hope? Martin Luther King had a dream. Why can't PS3 fanboys?
WHAT....THE....FUCK? OK. I was looking for a good discussion about NPDs and look at where this thread has gone. I'll come back in a few hours when this mess is cleaned up.

Man God said:
I know we've been turning Wii success's into non games, but since when did we non-game the Mario and Pokemon franchises? Hell, what about The Sims?

Only because mario is in about 900 games and pokemon have like 3 versions of the same fucking game so people buy the same game 3 times -.-

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Man God said:

Its not even in the top ten

jman2050

IronicallyTwisted said:
Only because mario is in about 900 games and pokemon have like 3 versions of the same fucking game so people buy the same game 3 times -.-

Your posts have slowly but surely degenerated from hopeless spin to mindless babbling. I don't think I ever got this bad, even when I went into full-on Sonic fanboy mode.

Also, LOL @ Gran Turismo being the best-selling franchise of all time.

kitch9 said:
SOME I said.

They pronounce the PS3 doomed, fill the thread with loads of these :lol :lol :lol :lol, when actually when you look at the bigger picture its not.

I find it annoying. IMO.

Just like the annoying ones that pronounced the PS3 victorious before it even launched?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
OldJadedGamer said:
Just like the annoying ones that pronounced the PS3 victorious before it even launched?

To be fair, after the Wii was revealed, everyone had that prognosis.

Calen

GottiDC said:
y don't u talk about the way devs just refuse to make games for other contries for the xbox, why certainty titles that cone out for the 360 in the us don't come out for it in Europe or France, yet the ps3 versions do?

CoD4 and Assassin's Creed (at the very least) would like a word with you.

sinnergy

I applaud EPIC for not bringing UT 3 to the X360 with the release of the PC and the PS3 version, I hope they learned their lesson.

Great numbers for Xbox 360 and Wii, Sony still has some work left to do in the USA imo.

davepoobond said:
well, i shouldn't be quoted, but i remember PS3 doing 450k-ish in November in US, around 200k in Japan...

then in December like 600k maybe? Japan probably around 300k...

January was like 120k, with like japan being like 80k for the next few months. eventually USA got to be like 80k in Feb/march...

but regardless, that number was for total console sales.
Hmmm, then whoever I was arguing with I owe an apology.

PS3 sales didn't bottom out until later in the year tho. I think they started waining in April.

May: 81,600

June: 98,500

GottiDC

Banned
there is so mush hate for the king. And the king is Sony. Who knew that selling 120 million system in 5 years vs 30 million from the other companie, would have people acting like this. I mean people here would actully die jus to see Sony fail. When any company smashes there opponients like this the compatition is bound to think of somthing eles. Case in point nintendo sway away from the regular gaming advancements make a cheap current gens system and have the most 3.0-4.0 games your system sell it
ms release a year before them and make sure every movie studio has a 360 in there movie, then pay devs 50 million for content to a game that's not even exclusive to your system. Then act like halo 3 is the end of thevworld. These are the type of things u have to do to beat sony after a beating like last gens they better be trying this time. I admit they have Sony on there toes now, cuz there aint never been this mush compatition to them.
even at that no matter how u try to spin it Sony said before the ps3 came out they don't care how the wii and 360 sell, there dong them, which is push technolgy forwotd like they have been doing for the last 13 years. 08 will be a her very good year for ps3 andveven though theyvwont pass up the wii and 360, they will deffantly put a huge dent in the lead

FIREBABY

sinnergy said:
I applaud EPIC for not bringing UT 3 to the X360 with the release of the PC and the PS3 version, I hope they learned their lesson.

Great numbers for Xbox 360 and Wii, Sony still has some work left to do in the USA imo.
And for some reason, I think when its released on 360, it will flop as a result of this. This should go in the thread of biggest screw ups this gen.

Duke Togo

GottiDC said:
there is so mush hate for the king. And the king is Sony. Who knew that selling 120 million system in 5 years vs 30 million from the other companie, would have people acting like this. I mean people here would actully die jus to see Sony fail. When any company smashes there opponients like this the compatition is bound to think of somthing eles. Case in point nintendo sway away from the regular gaming advancements make a cheap current gens system and have the most 3.0-4.0 games your system sell it
ms release a year before them and make sure every movie studio has a 360 in there movie, then pay devs 50 million for content to a game that's not even exclusive to your system. Then act like halo 3 is the end of thevworld. These are the type of things u have to do to beat sony after a beating like last gens they better be trying this time. I admit they have Sony on there toes now, cuz there aint never been this mush compatition to them.
even at that no matter how u try to spin it Sony said before the ps3 came out they don't care how the wii and 360 sell, there dong them, which is push technolgy forwotd like they have been doing for the last 13 years. 08 will be a her very good year for ps3 andveven though theyvwont pass up the wii and 360, they will deffantly put a huge dent in the lead
89l0592.jpg

GottiDC

Banned
Calen said:
CoD4 and Assassin's Creed (at the very least) would like a word with you.
both are selling to the aMont of people in the fan base. Wit shooter heaven system any shooter will sell on 360.
assasins creed by no means does not deserve the numbers it pulled but o well, they both sold well on both systems

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GottiDC said:
both are selling to the aMont of people in the fan base. Wit shooter heaven system any shooter will sell on 360.
assasins creed by no means does not deserve the numbers it pulled but o well, they both sold well on both systems

You need a Speak n Spell.

Calen

GottiDC said:
My point was that you said games weren't released on the 360 in Europe.

GottiDC

Banned
szaromir said:
Not anymore.
oops I didnt no any system had takin the market share from ps2 yet my bad

Like I said Sony is still king because one of the system they have out no has been selling strong for 8 years and its userbade is still growing

GottiDC said:

Like I said Sony is still king because one of the system they have out no has been selling strong for 8 years and its userbade is still growing

Clearly you are trying to make PS3 fans look stupid

Ydahs

GottiDC said:
... The sad thing is that he actually might think he's putting up a good argument.

Back on topic. Last month we got a dozen or so software sales for Wii games though we've only gotten a few outside the top 10 today. How long can we expect for those to be released?

Lagaff

Gub'mint Researcher
quest said:
They through a hissy fit over some of the stuff ms didwith DLC. For revenge they gave the PS3 a timed exclusive for UT3. I think we know who got the last laugh. I wonder if cliffy has gone back to MS with his tail between his legs saying we will double our efforts on GoW2. I think this holiday season has sent a messge to every developer in the world. If you want to make money your game better be on the 360.
:lol

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
IronicallyTwisted said:
yeah ok whatever. you can't even like a console in this thread without being labelled a maniac. gran turismo is the best selling franchise of all time, and you dont think it will make a difference? theres a shitload of GT fans out there just waiting for the next game and when it releases, the npd threads are going to be very, very different and you guys are going to look so retatrded.

Best selling of all-time? joke post?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ydahs said:
... The sad thing is that he actually might think he's putting up a good argument.

Back on topic. Last month we got a dozen or so software sales for Wii games though we've only gotten a few outside the top 10 today. How long can we expect for those to be released?

We cant. Those numbers where revealed on the Wiik in Review podcast on IGN.

Mojo said:
Not bad numbers all around. Most were a bit lower than I expected though.

Did the DS break the PS2 record of selling the most hardware in a single month?

Nope, Dec 2002 is still the record, the PS2 did about 200k higher than the DS this Dec.

itsgreen

AnimeTheme said:
360+PS3 as a whole, it looks possible. It is already approaching 4M in the US alone.

Why include PS3?

Thats like saying Kennedy and George W. together got an approval rate of 90%

sorry can't help it.

GottiDC said:

Protip, the effective userbase (that is, active owners) is shrinking. The PS2 is a beast for sure, but it's slowing down.

360 and Wii software is king.

IronicallyTwisted said:

...what? That's simply not correct.

GottiDC

Banned
Ydahs said:

no its not that I think I am, u no I am putting up a good arguement. If I wasnt there wouldnt be any resin for u to post the bs u jet did

GottiDC

Banned
Leondexter said:
Nope, Dec 2002 is still the record, the PS2 did about 200k higher than the DS this Dec.
my point exactly. At that point the next year Sony just got cocky and said they had allready won the that generation of gaming, 3 years into it Sony came out and said wit a 300 system that was not a gimmick and was for gamers of all likes, with no wond attach meant and came out and said they had allready won't the concole war. I dare ms or nintendo(LOL) to even try to say that

GottiDC said:
no its not that I think I am, u no I am putting up a good arguement. If I wasnt there wouldnt be any resin for u to post the bs u jet did

PS3 is a piece of shit that will never sell. Sony sucks balls and are going to go down in flames. Everything with the name Playstation is fucking horrible.

Bait laid

Top Bottom