• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

Tieno

C4Lukins said:
TjHooker was banned for his usual antics. Snah came in for a couple of pages of great damage control. Then another guy who was defending Snah started calling everyone gay and was banned. Other then that it has been pretty civil. Nintendo kicked ass, MS did ok on the hardware side and great in software, and the PS3 continued to struggle. There are some more numbers scattered throughout the thread, but Uncharted did around 200K, AC PS3 did over 400K, COD4 PS3 did around 550K, Rock Band 360 did around 450K, Mass Effect did around 400K, over 60 games did over 100K, GH3 Wii was just outside of the top 10, and that is all I remember off the top of my head without actually looking. There was also some BS Sony and MS PR. The only really significant thing I remember from the MS PR was that there were 33 third party 360 games in the top ten, 5 PS3, and 4 Wii games throughout the year. Again that is all off the top of my head so some of it may be a bit off.
Thanks man, much appreciated, do we know what UT3 on the PS3 did?

C4Lukins

Tieno said:
Thanks man, much appreciated, do we know what UT3 on the PS3 did?

That is how we found out the 60 plus 100k games. Sonycowboy said it did over 100K, but was ranked 61st or something overall.

GottiDC said:
instead of the strippers let's try and actually getting laid?

Funny you mention getting laid. Playing the wii with girls is one of the easier ways to get laid... purposely lose a couple bowl matches and youre in...

GottiDC

Banned
Can some one explain this to me. How is saying your 3 systems did good in the month of dec a bad thing.
when u have a beast like the ps2 still selling 1milliok plus units in a month when it came out 8 years ago.
when u have a hand held that does more than play games which at one time cost more than a ds and a wii. Sellling 1 million plus in one month

Then u have. 600 dollar system with only a few exclusive aaa titles resistance, uncharted, racket and clank, sell 5 million at. 600 price tag, then when u brougt a new sku for 400 bucks your title units sold is more than 8 million. A system which has helped sony kill off a hddvd format, which is still the guest price system out there sell 7k in one month.
With none of its biggest titles out yet.

Please explain to me how that is a bad thing. Please explain to me how a company who has one 2 generations of system wars eaisly wit no effort is failling at anything? It took ms to come out first, spend money on devs buy rare, trick consumers into buying fualt cincoles, Dvertuse a game like it was a new world coming, just to sell 400 units more systems then the ps3, it took ms all that just to try beat Sony. But Sony didnt even lift a finger the last 2 gens but everyone here is hoopin and screaming because now sonyactually has compatition. Ooookkk

Kujo

Not bad numbers all around. Most were a bit lower than I expected though.

Did the DS break the PS2 record of selling the most hardware in a single month?

kitch9

Banned
schuelma said:
Sony P.R needs men like you

I dislike the NPD, due to the fact its only NA and some tend to think its the only place on Earth.

Wii is crushing everybody, but my 65 year old mother in law bought one just to play tennis. If you can crack that market nobody else has a chance.

360 WW sales are looking lopsided, strong in NA and UK, none existant in Japan, and suspect in Europe.

PS3 Sales are more balance WW. Reasonable NA and UK, Reasonable Japan and supposedly strong in Europe.

I don't think the PS3 is actually doing that bad.

jman2050

GottiDC said:
Can some one explain this to me. How is saying your 3 systems did good in the month of dec a bad thing.
when u have a beast like the ps2 still selling 1milliok plus units in a month when it came out 8 years ago.
when u have a hand held that does more than play games which at one time cost more than a ds and a wii. Sellling 1 million plus in one month

Then u have. 600 dollar system with only a few exclusive aaa titles resistance, uncharted, racket and clank, sell 5 million at. 600 price tag, then when u brougt a new sku for 400 bucks your title units sold is more than 8 million. A system which has helped sony kill off a hddvd format, which is still the guest price system out there sell 7k in one month.

Please explain to me how that is a bad thing. Please explain to me how a company who has one 2 generations of system wars eaisly wit no effort is failling at anything? It took ms to come out first, spend money on devs buy rare, trick consumers into buying fualt cincoles, Dvertuse a game like it was a new world coming, just to sell 400 units more systems then the ps3, it took ms all that just to try beat Sony. But Sony didnt even lift a finger the last 2 gens but everyone here is hoopin and screaming because now sonyactually has compatition. Ooookkk

Keep it coming.

Vyer

Seriously, WTF?

This is like some practical joke, right? sporsk or White Man was keeping these guys in a pen and let them all loose on today just for a laugh? please?

Also, crazy Sony fans have now made the complete transition into crazy Nintendo fans. All it took was one generation of 'not the market leader' to do it, too.

jman2050

Vyer said:
Seriously, WTF?

This is like some practical joke, right? sporsk or White Man was keeping these guys in a pen and let them all loose on today just for a laugh? please?

Also, crazy Sony fans have now made the complete transition into crazy Nintendo fans. All it took was one generation of 'not the market leader' to do it, too.

Not even a generation. Less than a year. That's a remarkable transition.

GhaleonEB

kitch9 said:
I dislike the NPD, due to the fact its only NA and some tend to think its the only place on Earth.
In the NPD threads, the discussion tends to focus on the US.

In the Media Create threads, the discussion tends to focus on Japan.

In the weekly PAL threads, discussion tends to focus on PAL territories. There's plenty of room for cross over discussion, and that happens often, but it's not surprising that the topic tends to stay...on topic.

GottiDC said:

Halo, Mass Effect, and Bioshock were great tricks.

Look dude, I love my PS3 as much as you, but I'm not blind. MS has a quality console out. If the fucker didnt break down so often, Sony would be royally fucked. And stop with the PS2. What is Sony doing for it outside of just manufacturing it? Absolutely nothing. The last thing they did was GoW 2 and that was March. Since then they have had a terrible focus in terms of advertisements. Their saving grace is that they make some baller games....

Brashnir

Vyer said:
Seriously, WTF?

One generation? It took one year.

Vyer said:
Seriously, WTF?

Also, crazy Sony fans have now made the complete transition into crazy Nintendo fans. All it took was one year of 'not the market leader' to do it, too.

Fixed.

FIREBABY

TheHeretic said:
800k is pretty fucking impressive for a console that started at 600 dollars and was an industry joke a year ago. yeah "this is neogaf dude" but do you guys actually ever think about the future, or do you predict shit based on what happened two days ago? how many of you people predicted the wii would be selling like it is? but now you are all industry experts because you can quote the current numbers are yell "this won't change!". if you couldnt predict the wiis success how can you claim to predict its downfall (or non downfall)

blu ray, 300 dollar price point, bye bye competition. the 360 can't move outside of the US and the wii will wear off as people actually get hdtv's. so yeah enjoy playing a plumber collecting stars (cause thats what real gamers play) cause it won't last. KZ2, FF13, MGS4, GT5? should i go on? ps2 owners havent even made the jump yet and when their old favourites hit the ps3 they will all move on to the system

"I told you! Don't feed them after midnight!"

I actually enjoy my Wii on my HDTVs. But please continue.

GottiDC

Banned

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
BelligerentOC said:
Halo, Mass Affect, and Bioshock were great tricks.

Look dude, I love my PS3 as much as you, but I'm not blind. MS has a quality console out. If the fucker didnt break down so often, Sony would be royally fucked. And stop with the PS2. What is Sony doing for it outside of just manufacturing it? Absolutely nothing. The last thing they did was GoW 2 and that was March. Since then they have had a terrible focus in terms of advertisements. Their saving grace is that they make some baller games....

singstar..

sports games...

OldJadedGamer said:
So is Sony still on track to sell 11 million by the end of March like they said?

probably. seems more like 9.5-10 million-ish

GottiDC said:

keep this dude around, he's like howard stern's whack-pack crew.:lol

PS3 still sucks in absolute terms, but relatively speaking, the price drop in Nov is still in effect, and successfully slows down the speed of being outsold by competitors (mainly XB360). 2008 will be an interesting year.

PS3 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE - ~325K

Not bad. It already surpasses the market expectation (Nov + Dec ~250k).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GottiDC said:
now if people don't seetl this as lame I do t no what u people will. This guy actually went and found gs post just to put on here. So u really have nothing eles todo wit your self. The reason any one would remeber some one from a fourm all the way from Oct ie beyond me. U are a first class lame. Put an L on your fore head

Please dont stop the funny :lol

jman2050

GottiDC said:
now if people don't seetl this as lame I do t no what u people will. This guy actually went and found gs post just to put on here. So u really have nothing eles todo wit your self. The reason any one would remeber some one from a fourm all the way from Oct ie beyond me. U are a first class lame. Put an L on your fore head

That post took me all of 3 minutes to find and compile.

You probably take longer than that posting from your iPhone.

davepoobond said:
probably. seems more like 9.5-10 million-ish
Wait.

I thought that 11 million figure was what they projected to sell in their fiscal 07 year. Like 11 million + the 4.5 million they had sold before it.

If that's not what they meant then I have some Sony fans I might need to apologize too.

_Xenon_

Banned
GottiDC said:
do people forget that the ps3 came out in Nov of 06. Do people for get that ps3 gained up 5million user base at $600, before the price drop of Nov 06. Did people forget that the ps3 is beating the 360 in world wide sales. Do people for get that the reason cod4sold more on 360 is because its shooter heaven and gained mass appeal from cod2? Do people forget that Sony is jugling 3 systems at one time. So do u really think when they respond to the ndp that there not going to respond about it. Do people forget that cheap toys allways sell more than video games(wii=toy) do people forget that psp and ds are for diffrent people,ps3 And the 360 are for diffrent people than the wii. Yes the 360 has a better attach ratio than the other system but of course its going to be like that when u have the lamest geeks in the world buyng the system, who only care about games, andrefuse to leave the house. I no that may sound harsh but its true. I mean did u see the halo 3 lines on g4, there was more acne streesed kids in that line, than 20 years of strides and proactive comercials. And the only people who will get mad at me saying that are the geeks and lakes that I'm talking about. Ps3 biggest titles have not hit but there coming and 08 will be a diffent ad waaay better year for Sony and gaming. Mgs4 and insomniac will save gaming forever please quote me on that.
Damn you're awesome. You just told us why we should stay away from crack.

kitch9

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
In the NPD threads, the discussion tends to focus on the US.

In the Media Create threads, the discussion tends to focus on Japan.

In the weekly PAL threads, discussion tends to focus on PAL territories. There's plenty of room for cross over discussion, and that happens often, but it's not surprising that the topic tends to stay...on topic.

SOME I said.

They pronounce the PS3 doomed, fill the thread with loads of these :lol :lol :lol :lol, when actually when you look at the bigger picture its not.

I find it annoying. IMO.

TheHeretic said:
800k is pretty fucking impressive for a console that started at 600 dollars and was an industry joke a year ago. yeah "this is neogaf dude" but do you guys actually ever think about the future, or do you predict shit based on what happened two days ago? how many of you people predicted the wii would be selling like it is? but now you are all industry experts because you can quote the current numbers are yell "this won't change!". if you couldnt predict the wiis success how can you claim to predict its downfall (or non downfall)

blu ray, 300 dollar price point, bye bye competition. the 360 can't move outside of the US and the wii will wear off as people actually get hdtv's. so yeah enjoy playing a plumber collecting stars (cause thats what real gamers play) cause it won't last. KZ2, FF13, MGS4, GT5? should i go on? ps2 owners havent even made the jump yet and when their old favourites hit the ps3 they will all move on to the system

You PS3 fanboys are really starting to sound like hte N64/GC era fanboys, everyone of your post have your listing those games, like they are Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and SmashBro. True, those game sold very good on the n64/GC but they didnt help them do a come behind like your "claiming" the PS3 will do when thier "AAA" games come out

JaY P.

All I can say right now is....

:lol :lol :lol at the spin. It is amazing to see how far people will reach to uphold the honor of their console of choice.

and...

Holy Crap at DS!
Wow at Wii numbers!
Not bad for 360, nearly going toe to toe with the Wii.

But after looking at LTD numbers, I wonder if the Wii will see higher software sales now that it rivals the 360 in terms of userbase in the US. Smash Bros., Wii Fit, and Mario Kart make it plausible. But what looks like crappy third party efforts in the coming year make it less likely. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

GhettoGamer said:
You PS3 fanboys are really starting to sound like hte N64/GC era fanboys, everyone of your post have your listing those games, like they are Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and SmashBro. True, those game sold very good on the n64/GC but they didnt help them do a come behind like your "claiming" the PS3 will do when thier "AAA" games come out

Dont clump all PS3 fans together. I just want good games

GottiDC said:

holyshit

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
GottiDC said:
wow jus wow.
I'm glad I'm some sort of entertainment to u guys but jeez when we get to racist thing like this, I say u all loose. I'm allways in it for contrversy but its all good.

Sorry man, but your misspellings are so phony, even if they're iphone "typos" :lol

Give up your joke account before you're outed.

GottiDC

Banned
BelligerentOC said:
Halo, Mass Affect, and Bioshock were great tricks.

LOL ms has a qualitysystem. LOL I guess them rrrod don't exist then. Ms tryed to copy the ps2 to the penny. They even made there own dre called rrod using Sony way of tricking people to buy more systems,( yes I do think Sony was doing that on purpose, an we can all see ms doing it to)
why do u guys tend to for getvthe fact that 360 I'd not selling shit in japan, and is being beating buy ps3 in Europe. I keen it only tool ps3 3 weeks to pass 360 total year sells in japan. Yet you guys didnt see people going crazy like this did u. And even though I don't see the wii as a gaming system, why don't u guys talk about the fact ms is spinning every ndp and not mentioning the wii in any of there system sells talk. If anything ms no matte how hard they try will never win any system generation, they might as well get used to 2nd and 3rd place cuz they will never get first accordng to the way u guys talk here.
y don't u talk about the way devs just refuse to make games for other contries for the xbox, why certainty titles that cone out for the 360 in the us don't come out for it in Europe or France, yet the ps3 versions do?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Thunder Monkey said:
Wait.

I thought that 11 million figure was what they projected to sell in their fiscal 07 year. Like 11 million + the 4.5 million they had sold before it.

If that's not what they meant then I have some Sony fans I might need to apologize too.

the 11 million is the total worldwide, i believe, by the end of fiscal 07.........

but even if it was, PS3 sold maybe a million (maybe two) outside fiscal 07 anyway i think. it wasn't even out in Europe until fiscal 07. It actually came out right at the beginning of it iirc.

March 07 - March 08 = Fiscal 07 for Sony

chespace said:
Sorry man, but your misspellings are so phony, even if they're iphone "typos" :lol

Give up your joke account before you're outed.
that's a good point, i was using an IRC app on my brother's iphone after i jailbroke it for him, and it completely kept correcting all my incorrect words, and even falsely 'corrected' some acronyms that didn't need any!

quest

Not Banned from OT
FIREBABY said:
If PS3 UT3 numbers are true, I think Gears 2 just got expedited. What the hell was Epic thinking?

They through a hissy fit over some of the stuff ms didwith DLC. For revenge they gave the PS3 a timed exclusive for UT3. I think we know who got the last laugh. I wonder if cliffy has gone back to MS with his tail between his legs saying we will double our efforts on GoW2. I think this holiday season has sent a messge to every developer in the world. If you want to make money your game better be on the 360.

GhettoGamer said:

yeah ok whatever. you can't even like a console in this thread without being labelled a maniac. gran turismo is the best selling franchise of all time, and you dont think it will make a difference? theres a shitload of GT fans out there just waiting for the next game and when it releases, the npd threads are going to be very, very different and you guys are going to look so retatrded.

8bit

Knows the Score
GottiDC said:
y don't u talk about the way devs just refuse to make games for other contries for the xbox, why certainty titles that cone out for the 360 in the us don't come out for it in Europe or France, yet the ps3 versions do?

Such as?

Ventrue

GottiDC said:
LOL ms has a qualitysystem. LOL I guess them rrrod don't exist then. Ms tryed to copy the ps2 to the penny. They even made there own dre called rrod using Sony way of tricking people to buy more systems,( yes I do think Sony was doing that on purpose, an we can all see ms doing it to)
why do u guys tend to for getvthe fact that 360 I'd not selling shit in japan, and is being beating buy ps3 in Europe. I keen it only tool ps3 3 weeks to pass 360 total year sells in japan. Yet you guys didnt see people going crazy like this did u. And even though I don't see the wii as a gaming system, why don't u guys talk about the fact ms is spinning every ndp and not mentioning the wii in any of there system sells talk. If anything ms no matte how hard they try will never win any system generation, they might as well get used to 2nd and 3rd place cuz they will never get first accordng to the way u guys talk here.

Before I proceed, is English your first language?

Top Bottom