• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2008

sonicmj1

Private Hoffman said:
I'm shocked that Sony/Microsoft haven't tried to emulate Nintendo's motion control success yet. Perhaps they're waiting for significant hardware revisions (smaller, more stylish and accessible), but it's not like the software that has sold gangbusters on the Wii is all that difficult to produce. These aren't big budget projects. They're just engaging, in the family get together/party sense.

I'm pretty confident that this is what Microsoft is going to show off at E3 -- some type of motion control tech to rival the Wii, with software that also appeals to the Wii crowd. They're already at mass market prices with the 360. Selling 8 million copies of Halo 4 won't necessarily broaden their base, but they could potentially undercut Nintendo's market a bit.

Ditto to Sony.

They aren't currently trying to match Nintendo's exact tech, which I think makes sense. They're not going to steal that mindshare by copying Nintendo's strategy. But they're definitely making games to go after that same market.

Microsoft has You're in the Movies and Lips. Sony has Singstar and Buzz. These are supposed to capture the same sort of people that play Wii Play and Wii Fit.

Those titles haven't quite been the successes that I think Microsoft and Sony have hoped for. Microsoft's titles have been especially lackluster at retail.

I won't say much, just one thing: please stop being marveled at Wii Play. "oh, what an amazing feat by this game".

It's a wii mote people, do not compare to a regular game.

donny2112

bmf said:
Why come the thread got no updated charts?

Actual

USJapan-11.png

USJapan_PS360-9.jpg

yoy_360-9.png

yoy_PS3-9.png

yoy_WII-9.png

Estimated

WWConsoles-16.png

PS360vsWII-14.jpg

PS3vs360-9.png

AniHawk said:

Obviously that's pretty much a useless tack on and not genuine motion control like the Wii :p

knitoe said:
Me too. When Nintendo went with analog sticks on N64, Sony was smart enough to follow on the PSX. Don't know what Microsoft & Sony are waiting for.

$199 X360 + waggle would have been amazing sales this X-mas.

Well the Wii shows no signs of slowing down, and this trend has been noticed ever since it launched in 2006. By next fall Sony and Microsoft would have 3 full years of R&D for something similar.

There's obviously a huge market out there for certain types of experiences you can't find on the 360/PS3, and I think it'd be foolish not to try and tap into that market. Nintendo obviously has the advantage of their catalog of name brand franchises...but those aren't the ones that are selling ridiculous amounts (well, outside of Mario Kart). Its the Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports...etc. And those aren't games that cost $60 million to produce like a Halo 3 or a Killzone 2.

I know Sony is developing EyePet, and while it's kind of cool....from what I've seen so far I don't think it's going to tap into that market at all.

They'd need some sort of 'party game' and package it inside a controller ala Wii Play.

Shaheed79 said:
So wait a minute an extra price cut only netted 360 an extra 115k units over 2007? Was it even worth it?

The price cut was only during the last 4 months of the year and they were up each month since the cut.

They could have kept the price and had a worse holiday than last year like sony :D

And last year had halo 3 for the holidays.

Cdaws

Banned
PSGames said:
This still doesn't show how much they've actually LOST due to the PS3. For instance they were 400 million in 2005, 75 million for 2006 and negative 1969 million in 2007. The PS3 not only caused a loss for the division but it completely erased the profits they were making on the PS2 and PSP for that year as well. The PS3 has been more of a money pit than the original Xbox.

I remember talks of Sony writing off part of their PS3 R&D costs to their other divisions, do we know if that was true and if it could skew these figures?

knitoe

Eteric Rice said:
No, I don't think it would have really. The Wii's remote is bundled with every single system, and just about all the games use it in some way.

For the 360 it would just be a game or two.
Figure, X360 could have many enhanced WiiHD versions.

You gotta start at some point. Dual Analog Controller on PSX became successful.

Eteric Rice

knitoe said:
Figure, X360 could have many enhanced WiiHD versions.

You gotta start at some point. Dual Analog Controller on PSX became successful.

Porting up is a lot harder than porting down.

Trust me, it wouldn't help the 360. The Wii already has an image that appeals to the masses. The 360 is more or less viewed as a normal video game system to the mainstream.

Rhazer Fusion said:
I am surprised PS3 sold that many considering people say it is totally unaffordable and way out of reach of regular households.

Wait, didn't Sony say how recently how much more expensive the 360 was then the PS3? The PS3 isn't unaffordable... it's a steal and a huge value!!!

Btw, haven't read the entire thread but how many pages did we survive before the first K2 gif?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
seattle6418 said:
I won't say much, just one thing: please stop being marveled at Wii Play. "oh, what an amazing feat by this game".

It's not a Wii remote. You can buy a Wii Remote without ever looking at Wii Play, and you'll pay less.

Wii Play is basically a $10 budget entry in the Wii Sports/Play/Fit series of games.

Private Hoffman said:
I'm shocked that Sony/Microsoft haven't tried to emulate Nintendo's motion control success yet. Perhaps they're waiting for significant hardware revisions (smaller, more stylish and accessible), but it's not like the software that has sold gangbusters on the Wii is all that difficult to produce. These aren't big budget projects. They're just engaging, in the family get together/party sense.

I'm pretty confident that this is what Microsoft is going to show off at E3 -- some type of motion control tech to rival the Wii, with software that also appeals to the Wii crowd. They're already at mass market prices with the 360. Selling 8 million copies of Halo 4 won't necessarily broaden their base, but they could potentially undercut Nintendo's market a bit.

Ditto to Sony.
Sony already copied them. Granted they are doing it all wrong or half ass but you can;t say they aren;t trying.

knitoe

Eteric Rice said:
Porting up is a lot harder than porting down.

Trust me, it wouldn't help the 360. The Wii already has an image that appeals to the masses. The 360 is more or less viewed as a normal video game system to the mainstream.
Perception could easily be changed. Don't know if you remember the original Sonic vs Mario TV commercials. Something like that could work here. Lets take Wii Sports commercial. People doing something with X360 waggle. Then, show much better graphics Wii Sports / Play clone and cheaper price. How would that not change people's view quickly. Issue is can't be done since X360 has no waggle.

Epiphyte

seattle6418 said:

No, we really should

1. MS and Sony are free to try the same thing. Microsoft did try to bundle Viva Pinata Party with a controller and it has yet to hit any publicly available data

2. While GAF can't fathom playing Wii Play, consumers have no such compunction
Look at the stats MTV multiplayer puts together: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/05/wii-software-stats-january-update/

People play around 9 hours of Wii Play, per user. They are buying the bundle because they want Wii Play, in addition to the controller.

jey_16

Banned
i'm just wondering what will happen if Killzone 2 bombs....whats left for Sony, Gran Turismo 5 in 2010?

i know a lot of people seem to be thinking that when Sony reduce the price, sales will sky rocket but its too little, too late IMO

its just ridiculously over priced for what most people are prepared to spend on a games console, here in Australia....the PS3 costs $699 while the Wii and 360 Pro costs $399 not to mention that a 360 Arcade goes for $249....that a $450 difference!! You can buy a Wii and a 360 and still have $50 change

Cipherr

Private Hoffman said:
but it's not like the software that has sold gangbusters on the Wii is all that difficult to produce. These aren't big budget projects. They're just engaging, in the family get together/party sense.

How sure are we of the "ease" of making the next Wii Sports? Or Wii Fit? So many people have posted other games that did what Wiifit did and more but they werent met with anywhere near the same success. We have seen shovelware dev after shovel ware dev try and replicate the seemingly simple formula of Wii sports and fall flat on their face sales wise. None of them have been able to sell "gangbusters" as you put it. I truly think the core gamer sees the simplistic appearance of these games and cant help but come to the conclusion that making such a game with that type of appeal must be simple as well.

This does not seem to be true thusfar. The third parties appear to try, but cannot replicate it.

Private Hoffman said:
Obviously that's pretty much a useless tack on and not genuine motion control like the Wii :p

Well the Wii shows no signs of slowing down, and this trend has been noticed ever since it launched in 2006. By next fall Sony and Microsoft would have 3 full years of R&D for something similar.

There's obviously a huge market out there for certain types of experiences you can't find on the 360/PS3, and I think it'd be foolish not to try and tap into that market. Nintendo obviously has the advantage of their catalog of name brand franchises...but those aren't the ones that are selling ridiculous amounts (well, outside of Mario Kart). Its the Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports...etc. And those aren't games that cost $60 million to produce like a Halo 3 or a Killzone 2.

I know Sony is developing EyePet, and while it's kind of cool....from what I've seen so far I don't think it's going to tap into that market at all.

They'd need some sort of 'party game' and package it inside a controller ala Wii Play.

It would be far to late. It would be 3+ years into the gen, 3+ years of games on the Ps3 and 360 that wouldnt have been built to support the new motion controllers, and they would be going up against a 50+ million userbase of Wii owners who will already be knee deep in not only Wii games but Wii motion+ games who will be gobbling up Wiisports 2(resort) by the absolute BUCKET load. If they tried to implement a 'Me too' motion control at that time it would be catastrophic.

Puncture said:
How sure are we of the "ease" of making the next Wii Sports? Or Wii Fit? So many people have posted other games that did what Wiifit did and more but they werent met with anywhere near the same success. We have seen shovelware dev after shovel ware dev try and replicate the seemingly simple formula of Wii sports and fall flat on their face sales wise. None of them have been able to sell "gangbusters" as you put it. I truly think the core gamer sees the simplistic appearance of these games and cant help but come to the conclusion that making such a game with that type of appeal must be simple as well.

This does not seem to be true thusfar. The third parties appear to try, but cannot replicate it.

It would be far to late. It would be 3+ years into the gen, 3+ years of games on the Ps3 and 360 that wouldnt have been built to support the new motion controllers, and they would be going up against a 50+ million userbase of Wii owners who will already be knee deep in not only Wii games but Wii motion+ games who will be gobbling up Wiisports 2(resort) by the absolute BUCKET load. If they tried to implement a 'Me too' motion control at that time it would be catastrophic.

I don't think it'd be too late.

360 and PS3 are primed for hardware revisions (slimmer parts).

Plus, Wii is nothing more than a repackaged GameCube with a different name and controller. So, there's nothing holding MS or Sony back from a hardware power standpoint.

I'm not suggesting they copy the Wii in every single way; perhaps try and make it even better, actually. Competition is a good thing afterall, and if either of these companies manage to make an even more engaging and interactive controller, then I see no reason why they wouldn't be rewarded for that provided that the software is compelling and mainstream.

Epiphyte said:
That's what the Persona 4 numbers are for
I'm pretty sure it's what the Valkyria numbers are for... and by "for" I mean "4", the approximate number of sales.

But seriously, Valkyria Chronicles sales for Dec? I'm hoping for good news! Lie to me!

jrricky

Banned
EviLore said:
Care of NPD Group
Wii 2.15M
DS 3.04M

WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 1.46M
360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 1.33M*
WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 999K
WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 878K
WII GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR 859K*

360 GEARS OF WAR 2 745K*
360 LEFT 4 DEAD 629K
NDS MARIO KART 540K
PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 533K
WII ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK 497K*

Top selling games of 2008

WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 5.28M
WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 5.00M
WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 4.53M
WII SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL 4.17M
NDS MARIO KART 1.65M
:O
HylianTom said:
Nintendo's spin is out. The pie chart is pretty remarkable.

Dec_NPD_Chart.jpg
:lol :lol

seattle6418 said:

I'm part of the problem. I bought WiiPlay for my Sister and her two little kids because they needed a second Wiimote and I figured I'd get them a game for $10 bucks. It worked on me.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Danthrax said:
Then again, has anyone ever bundled a game with a standard controller and only charged 10 more dollars for it?

knitoe said:
$10 more for "game" is almost nothing. Now, if it were $30-40 more.

The people running microsoft and sony arent retards... do you really think it is that easy to make a wii play from a value to consumer proposition?

you have to design a game that consumers are willing to shell out 10 extra bucks for.

wii play is not worth it for me for example. ive bought 4 extra wiimotes (for more than one wii) and have not bought wii play. obviously the game is worth it for many.

Wii Play is NOT worth $10. It appears to be, at first, because it's fun. Then you realize that nobody is ever going to make a full version of the tank game, with online multiplayer, and it ruins your life.

Or something.

I like Wii Play

knitoe

amtentori said:
The people running microsoft and sony arent retards... do you really think it is that easy to make a wii play from a value to consumer proposition?

you have to design a game that consumers are willing to shell out 10 extra bucks for.

wii play is not worth it for me for example. ive bought 4 extra wiimotes (for more than one wii) and have not bought wii play. obviously the game is worth it for many.
For you, Wii Play may not be worth $10 more, but many others seem to disagree. Add fact bundles makes things more attractive. There's even post above you that clearly explains this.

Opiate

Private Hoffman said:

Plus, Wii is nothing more than a repackaged GameCube with a different name and controller. So, there's nothing holding MS or Sony back from a hardware power standpoint.

I'm not suggesting they copy the Wii in every single way; perhaps try and make it even better, actually. Competition is a good thing afterall, and if either of these companies manage to make an even more engaging and interactive controller, then I see no reason why they wouldn't be rewarded for that provided that the software is compelling and mainstream.

It depends. It can indeed be a good thing: it is quite possible to co opt other companies' ideas with great success.

However, at other times it does little but reinforce the notion of the originator as the market leader, e.g. the ipod and its interface. Everything that came after with a similar interface and wheel design was "an ipod knockoff," even in cases where the competitor's product was technically superior.

Or, put more simply: when you try to co-opt a competitor's ideas, sometimes it succeeds and you manage to make their customers your customers. Other times, it makes it appear like they are the winners and you are the copycats.

I'm not saying you're wrong or that it can't possibly happen, Hoffman, I'm just saying Microsoft and Sony would need to tread very carefully. It isn't a surefire thing, and it could backfire.

knitoe said:
For you, Wii Play may not be worth $10 more, but many others seem to disagree. Add fact bundles makes things more attractive. There's even post above you that clearly explains this.
It also doesn't help that a great many retailers don't bother stocking remotes other than Wii Play.

Amibguous Cad said:
Huh? Kids cashing in gift cards and christmas money (especially for the cheaper ticket items like the handhelds) would seem to make this one of the better days for picking one up.
Pages late, but kids buy games for new systems on boxing day, not new systems. A lad would have to have quite a caring grandmother to get the money to throw down that much.

Blame!

Private Hoffman said:

stop. just stop dude.

There is a part of me that wishes that you people would just get real jobs and buy all three consoles so you'd stop arguing over sales numbers several times a month. Then the other part of me bitch slaps the first part for wanting this parade of epic stupidity to ever stop.

jamesinclair said:
1) RB2 on Wii supports DLC, as does GHWT. Unlike Activision, Harmonix launched 3 days before Christmas.
2) Even with downloadable content.....Harmonix has dropped the ball. Only a small portion of the songs can be downloaded onto the wii. It doesnt make sense
3) Only 50% of Xbox360 users are connected to the internet, and the 360 is supposed to be the most online integrated platform. Most gamers cannoy or do not want to purchase DLC.

Harmonix is ignoring a massive user base (two actually) and only they know why. Activision proved that you could provide the full band experience, with DLC, with creatable characters, with multiple stages on Wii (and PS2). Obviously, technical limitations is not an excuse.

This industry is still based on retail software, and the enormous Wii numbers show how much theyre missing. A few pages ago, it was posted that RB1 for Wii outsold every single other version of RB1 and 2 in 2008. Harmonix COULD have had DLC available, they chose not to.

Harmonix COULD have sold 800k+ copies on the Wii, and another 400k+ on the PS2 in December, like Activision did. Instead, they barely managed 150k.

Thats 35 million missed out on, not including a single instrument.

How much money does DLC make again?

1. alright

2. Even if HMX put all 300+ songs in the Wii store it would still be limiting.....by the Wii itself. GH3 and GHWT don't have 300+ songs to download even if you combine both games. (How many songs do you think fit on a SD card? it won't be alot)

3. What does 360's being connected to the internet have to do with anything. The bottom line is that when it comes to DLC the majority is bought on PS3/360. DLC is a HUGE deal for RB. YOU may not think it is but it is.

Harmonix could have done alot of things but they seem dedicated to the 360/PS3 platforms for some reason. Who honestly knows how much they made over the past year on DLC but it was enough to not make them care about 2 platforms (Wii/PS2) that people don't buy any DLC on.

Private Hoffman said:

You're missing the point. I suggest a good reading of Blue Ocean Strategy.

Thing is, Microsoft, and to a lesser extent Sony, have tried to mimic some of Nintendo's success. The Sixaxis, Sony "strongly encouraging" their studios to include motion support, etc., was all they could do to try and incorporate the motion controls. Microsoft has made quite a few party games by this point, and make points to show them off in their presentations. That's what the Scene It games are for, that's what the big controllers with the big candy-like buttons are for, that's what the "you're in the movies!" stuff is for. That's what Avatars are for.

We'll see if Xbox Primetime takes off or not, but the reason that I suggest the book above is because it details exactly why it's so difficult for Sony and MS to try and copy Nintendo. Their business strategies are wildly different, and Nintendo has successfully made MS/Sony non-existent in the eyes of a lot of their consumers. This is what BOS means when they talk about "making the competition irrelevant." Sure, us on GAF know the consoles and make choices between them, but for parents getting systems, there is the Wii and then there is NOTHING ELSE. The Wii as a package appeals to them. The whole message about it involves them and includes them.

Basically, the problem for MS and Sony is that you can't get Wii's audience when they're only an afterthought. Unfortunately for MS and Sony, that's all they are to them at this point, and all they ever can be until the next generation occurs. They can try and make some inroads but Nintendo has made them irrelevant in the larger market this time around because MS and Sony didn't even consider the larger market when making their machines.

markatisu

BigBlackGamer said:
2. Even if HMX put all 300+ songs in the Wii store it would still be limiting.....by the Wii itself. GH3 and GHWT don't have 300+ songs to download even if you combine both games. (How many songs do you think fit on a SD card? it won't be alot)

You can fit 75-100 DLC songs on a 2gb SD card (if each song uses the max blocks of 200-250)

3. What does 360's being connected to the internet have to do with anything. The bottom line is that when it comes to DLC the majority is bought on PS3/360. DLC is a HUGE deal for RB. YOU may not think it is but it is.

Again DLC was never offered in GH3 or RB1, how can someone opt to buy or not buy something that is never offered in the first place.

Harmonix could have done alot of things but they seem dedicated to the 360/PS3 platforms for some reason. Who honestly knows how much they made over the past year on DLC but it was enough to not make them care about 2 platforms (Wii/PS2) that people don't buy any DLC on.

See point above, how can you say something wont sell if you never put it out to buy?

They did not think RB1 would sell on Wii which is why it did not come out with all the others, they were wrong about that. They did not think anyone would care about DLC on RB2, GHWT beat them to the punch so they reversed course and got slammed on their message boards by pissed Wii owners that the RB Music Store was not up at launch despite the fact the game launched 2 months behind everything else.

How can you make the arguement that DLC does not sell on the Wii when (including GHWT) DLC has been available for about 75 days (DLC on RB2 has been available for about 72hrs)

Yes Boss!

Private Hoffman said:

Hoff, you are pretty mellow this month. Have you finally accepted or just saving your big guns for the February results?

donny2112

Mindlog said:
Question. Sony's release stated this December was one of the PS3's strongest software months.

What was the PS3's strongest software month?

This month. I don't know why they felt the need to say it was "one of" when it was also "the best."

fresquito

BigBlackGamer said:
1. alright

Sorry to tell, but 2GB SDs are really cheap. You can buy more than one. But beyond anything, why do you think people would but 300+ songs in a heartbeat? I mean, Just a bunch of hardcores but every song released. In fact I'd go as far as saying that most people only buys the songs they already like, or in same cases, those that look fun to play or have been recommended by others.

And it's no wonder DLC is king on Xbox360 and PS3, since DLC is almost non existant on the Wii. Until you include WiiWare and VC, where the Wii has nothing to envy on the other two systems sales-wise.

Harmonix, like many other devs and publishers are, simply put, stupid. They could just hire some people, invest some extra money to work on a Wii/PS2 version that lands at the same time, and this investment would pay off. Instead they do the retarded act.

donny2112

sonicmj1 said:
December 07 was higher than December 08 for the PS3. Just look earlier in the thread.

The 360's biggest month was this month.

He was asking about software. You just told him which months were higher for hardware.

sonicmj1 said:
Microsoft has You're in the Movies and Lips. Sony has Singstar and Buzz. These are supposed to capture the same sort of people that play Wii Play and Wii Fit.

Those titles haven't quite been the successes that I think Microsoft and Sony have hoped for. Microsoft's titles have been especially lackluster at retail.

You're right about MS but wrong about Sony; not only do Buzz and SingStar predate Wii ____, they are both huge selling franchises with multiple entries in each series.

markatisu said:
You can fit 75-100 DLC songs on a 2gb SD card (if each song uses the max blocks of 200-250)

Again DLC was never offered in GH3 or RB1, how can someone opt to buy or not buy something that is never offered in the first place.

See point above, how can you say something wont sell if you never put it out to buy?

They did not think RB1 would sell on Wii which is why it did not come out with all the others, they were wrong about that. They did not think anyone would care about DLC on RB2, GHWT beat them to the punch so they reversed course and got slammed on their message boards by pissed Wii owners that the RB Music Store was not up at launch despite the fact the game launched 2 months behind everything else.

How can you make the arguement that DLC does not sell on the Wii when (including GHWT) DLC has been available for about 75 days (DLC on RB2 has been available for about 72hrs)

1. How many songs are up in the RB2 Wii store? My point is there is so much RB DLC that maybe putting it all up would have been a problem. HMX line of thinking was probably "well they won't be able to download a big chunk of the songs anyway". Also its 75-100 songs if you have a clear SD card. Of course you can just go out and buy another card but how many people have stuff on there SD cards already? alot.

No matter what it's a constant struggle of managing "the fridge".

2. There is a article floating around that the majority of DLC AS A WHOLE (not RB2/GH related) is bought on the PS3/360. HMX even further has stated that 80% of all there DLC is bought on 360. I'm willing to bet that the Wii DLC for GH or RB won't equal even the PS3. There is no hard numbers for such a claim so I will concede this argument.

fresquito said:
Sorry to tell, but 2GB SDs are really cheap. You can buy more than one. But beyond anything, why do you think people would but 300+ songs in a heartbeat? I mean, Just a bunch of hardcores but every song released. In fact I'd go as far as saying that most people only buys the songs they already like, or in same cases, those that look fun to play or have been recommended by others.

And it's no wonder DLC is king on Xbox360 and PS3, since DLC is almost non existant on the Wii. Until you include WiiWare and VC, where the Wii has nothing to envy on the other two systems sales-wise.

Harmonix, like many other devs and publishers are, simply put, stupid. They could just hire some people, invest some extra money to work on a Wii/PS2 version that lands at the same time, and this investment would pay off. Instead they do the retarded act.

I never said HMX was not stupid for not supporting the Wii/PS2. However there business model is massively successful on the 360/PS3.

Maybe they took that extra time and money and invested it into something else. DLC that will sell or that little game called RB: Beatles.

Yes Boss!

MrNyarlathotep said:
You're right about MS but wrong about Sony; not only do Buzz and SingStar predate Wii ____, they are both huge selling franchises with multiple entries in each series.

True, but this being an NPD thread I believe he was referring to how they've performed in North America. They only showed up here recently and haven't performed that well.

farnham

Banned
$ 10 dollars for wii play is a good deal.. there are 5 really enjoyable multiplayer games (pingpong, airhockey, pool, shooting range and find mii) and 1 really enjoyable singplayer game (tank) as well as 3 totally crazy games in it (cow race, fishing pond and that crazy mii game)

normally you would probably pay 10 dollars for tank alone on xbla and people would be calling it hardcore

Cipherr

The whole RB on Wii vs the DLC on the PS360 is a silly argument to begin with, those Wii RB sales arent going to stop this month... It will have legs the same way GH did and keep on trucking, by the time it stops it will be so far and away the highest selling SKU that it will be absolutely impossible to argue that not having DLC on the Wii version fridge or not was a stupid misstep.

Arguing the numbers NOW just because they are somewhat close is a waste of time, the divide between the units sold is only going to keep on increasing, and the Wii will remain the most sold at retail SKU by a huge margin. Not making the DLC even if only some of it available on the most sold SKU by a landslide when its completely possible is just idiotic. I don't see how its possible to see it any other way, its a complete missed opportunity period. Not to mention the games successors will also likely be more popular on Wii than anywhere. It would be just bad business to not expand there with DLC when there is an infrastructure already in place. But HMX has been dropping the ball here consistently anyway so I really wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom