• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2009

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
Easily.

Also, Capcom tends to be dominating this gen on the console side. The only publisher I can think of who is constantly getting high sales on both the PS3 and 360.

There must be a large Capcom fanbase still on PS3. The attach rate is much higher than the 360 version.

Of course, the Dpad could be in issue. When I buy the game I'm getting it on PS3 due to superior control.

I think DMC4 also sold more on PS3 worldwide because of Japan.

I'm curious to see which version of RE5 comes out on top worldwide. There's a huge gap in Japan already in favor of the PS3 and one that's likely to get much bigger.

SavethePS3.jpg

Mindlog

Capcom holy shit outstandingly well executed start to the year.

They did great in Feb and they're going to crush March.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
joey_z said:
Any idea whether Killzone 2 reached the million mark as yet? Surely Halo Wars can't beat Killzone 2 in sales. Blood will run down the gutters of GAF that day and clog the streets with the smell of insanity.
"People bought Halo Wars just for the map packs."

How many times will we see posts like mine?

swerve

NeoUltima said:
whats so funny? isn't it surprising? over twice as many 360s as ps3s yet sold about the same on both consoles. Shows that the two consoles really do have slightly different demographics.

Or, different D-PADs :p

gkryhewy

Kagari said:
Fixed. Pretty sure both IU and TLR bombed in the US as well, if you count actual sold units and not the ridiculous amounts of channel stuffing S-E did.

Yeah, they totally would have been moving units hand over fist if they were on PS3. What a software powerhouse!

I think both IU and TLR did respectably in the US.

StateofMind said:
Good job Sony advertising!

Killzone 2 will get a lot more sales, but Sony's awful marketing won't let it sell nearly as many as it should. How are they not all fired?

Can we all finally agree that closed betas and pre-order only demos are STUPID fucking ideas when you're game isn't a well known IP?

The KZ2 demo should've been in the hands of gamers a week after E3 2008.

Rlan

Obvious "Where are they on the NPD?" games for the month:

House Of The Dead OverKill
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
FEAR 2
Loco Roco 2
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?
50 Cent Blood On The Sand
Dead Rising CTYD

joey_z said:
Any idea whether Killzone 2 reached the million mark as yet? Surely Halo Wars can't beat Killzone 2 in sales. Blood will run down the streets of GAF that day and clog the gutters with the smell of insanity.
Don't be surprised if you see blood clog gutters then.

JavyOO7

I really want Nintendo to release Wii Sports Resort already to see how that will perform in retail. I think it might keep the Wii above the 600k+ threshold for the rest of the year. And of course what Nintendo 1st party efforts take in mind Wii Motion plus as well...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nice to see SF4 do well, finally a game that deserves it. But where the fuck is SO4?

TheFatOne

joey_z said:
Any idea whether Killzone 2 reached the million mark as yet? Surely Halo Wars can't beat Killzone 2 in sales. Blood will run down the gutters of GAF that day and clog the streets with the smell of insanity.

I know its pretty close right now. There are at least 680k.

My6cats

Banned
alpha1 said:
spreading bullshit

When I asked why the NPD was late this month, the person told me that they were adding an extra week for KZ2, becuase it had just the last 2 days. Maybe they were joking. Just telling you what I heard. sorry it it was wrong.

Frillen

But you guys told me KZ2 was the greatest game ever made, the best thing since sliced bread and could cure cancer and Hiv - AIDS simultaneously and it's getting outsold by a console RTS?

So confused.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yep KZ2 will be either in the low end of the top 10 next month or not even in the Top 10.

People are really thinking sales will stay on that pace after 3 days? I mean usually sales drop off by over 75% after 3 days..

The question is how much. For instance the 10th game this month sold 136K. Now that means nothing necessarily for what 10th place would be next month but 136K sold next month for Killzone 2 would be a big drop off.

jett

D-Member
Frillen said:
But you guys told me KZ2 was the greatest game ever made, the best thing since sliced bread and could cure cancer and Hiv - AIDS simultaneously and it's getting outsold by a console RTS?

So confused.

butthurt confirmed

Azure J

AlternativeUlster said:
I wish Super Mario Galaxy would someday surprise us and come back into the top 10.

Watch when this happens, SMG will have a mysterious 20 Million sold total and no one will understand why.

LEGS FOO!

Loudninja

Rlan said:

FEAR 2
Loco Roco 2
Dead Rising CTYD

Wow forgot about alot of these,and SO4 as well :/

EazyB

Banned
Great numbers overall:
360 has beastly HW numbers
PS3 is hanging in there
SF4 sold a lot more than I was expecting for a fighter

I was expecting better sales for KZ2 though. What were all the other PS3 owners playing that they didn't have time to pick it up at launch and especially with the demo thought to be pre-order only I was expecting a big launch. I really don't expect the game to sell more copies next month but I hope to be proven wrong.

Ranger X

I'm surprised how by the number of SF4 sold on the PS3. Looks like when PS3 owners decide to buy a game, they aren't just buying it, they fucking buy it.

dacuk

Rlan said:

FEAR 2
Loco Roco 2
Dead Rising CTYD

Yes, Papa Caesar wants to know how much DimSum was sold last month

Karma said:
PS3 sold less this Feb than last Feb. How many months in a row has the PS3 been down?

It's 4 months in a row now it's been down year on year although this month the PS3 numbers were very close to last year unlike the last three which weren't close at all.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
speculawyer said:
:lol

Well, the PS3 certainly has lots of great games now (excluding Lair from that list), but if anything will save it now, it is a price drop. And even that is a long shot.

Fixed for truth.

Top Bottom