• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2014 [Up2: PS4/XB1/Wii U/360 Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

Wynnebeck

Banned
Indeed.

At the end of December PS4 had a 1.2 million lead (3M vs 4.2M). Now the PS4 has a 2.4 million lead (3.6M vs 6M). The PS4's lead has doubled since December.

Good lord. If Sony can hit 7 million by Mar 31, Cerny and crew are going to do lines of coke off a hooker's ass.

Better tamper your expectations.

I see no reason why Infamous will sell more than Titanfall on the Xbox One, and I suspect that most people feel the same way. It won't be a "day of reckoning" at all.

Any reason in particular or just a gut feeling?

Good month overall, gonna be interesting to see march with all the ps4 shipment notices i've seen....even though i still havent seen one of a shelf myself lol

prag16

Banned
Better tamper your expectations.

I see no reason why Infamous will sell more than Titanfall on the Xbox One, and I suspect that most people feel the same way. It won't be a "day of reckoning" at all.

I too will be very surprised if Infamous:SS > TitanfallOne in March NPDs (or LTD for that matter). Infamous is a big exclusive, but Titanfall is being promoted to death and MS is basically hanging ALL hopes on it. Plus it is reportedly a good game.

Is the 130 000 DKC Tropical Freeze sales only for one week of sales ?, if so that's impressive !

How was the advertising for it, improved over other first party games like Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and 3D World ?.

WiiU hardware is much higher than people were predicting, who knew that software sells hardware Nintendo...

If a single week of DKC can spike WiiU hardware sales to 83k then MK8 is going to push WiiU hardware above 300 000 for June imo.

PS4 is already dead in japan. Along with all other home consoles

PS4 going head to head with cheaper price in EU will easily counter lost Japanese sales though (and this is if we see contraction in Japanese sales, PS3 had also horrible first two years in japan and in the end it still crawled to 10 million)

Ps4 was non existent on amazon in feb . It has come 3 times in huge shipment and selling out every time in march. Prepare for a huge wave

I said IF they end up even there
obviously in your scenario PS4 would be destroying Xbox One, so why bring it up

edit:

The good news is that with BD in the top 10, we can finally crap on our UK brethren with confidence.

YALL GOT BAD TASTE SMOKEYDAVE

holy shit how did I miss this
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Faustek

PS4 is already dead in japan. Along with all other home consoles

People should remember that it isn't really a "Fuck consoles" instead a forced upon lifestyle. When many can spend 2 hours commuting(anecdotal from friends) everyday, what do you chose to play on?

Well, when you consider that 18 months ago, North America was on lock for Microsoft and all they had to do was not shit the bed and then they proceeded to have diarrhea all over the bed, it's kind of a win really.

Haha, yeah, I guess we can look at things that way!

sangreal

PS4 = 6+ mil
X1=3.6+ mil

Who looks silly? No offense man but i feel bitterness...when there is no need for this. X1 is ok man..but lets keep it real dude, PS4 is in the drivers seat in all regions.

Isn't this the NPD, not WW sales thread? The PS4 is winning, but not to the extent that the Wii (also supply constrained) was dominating. At least that is my recollection, without bothering to dig up the numbers

Then I shall laugh. HAHAHAH!

Not happening with where the install bases are at. And going.

Also, still waiting to hear your reasons XBO will outsell PS4 this gen. I really am curious.

The lead is under 100k in the u.s for Sony. Titanfall marketing is much higher,sony still isn't marketing their titles well. That is why i expect titanfall to sell more on xbox one. Also i never said xbox one will outsell ps4 this gen. I said i see xbox one selling more in the u.s this year.

Hrq0wEX.gif

It's like it is 2007 all over again.

So I think it's a given that xbone will win March NPD and maybe April, with things returning to the status quo by May.

lol.

US and UK are the only territories where it's close. Xbone is getting obliterated by the PS4 in Europe and the rest of the globe.

Well, it does have kind of a big lead. They are over 6 million units now. Don't think Xbox One has hit 4 yet. And the lead is only growing so...

Hahaha

Fuck

Its not a win

Its not a win at all

The PS4 is well on its way to a 2:1 global sales advantage.

the XB1/PS4 gap is widening.

shit.. where have i heard that before

Let's keep some perspective. A supply constrained console still beat a console that is sitting on pallets in most major stores and is in that console's number one possible market.

If Sony had shipped 500k consoles to NA in Feb, they would have sold 500k. One console is selling as many consoles as they're able to allocate to the region and selling them almost immediately. The other has loads of them in stores and still manages to undersell after dominating the region last generation.

"XBO not being far behind" is only in North America. People see NPD numbers and they declare winners and losers, as if the rest of the world doesn't exist.

see

i was referring to USA where the Microsoft brand has a big market share

i mean i am in a NPD thread

PS4 = 6+ mil
X1=3.6+ mil

Who looks silly? No offense man but i feel bitterness...when there is no need for this. X1 is ok man..but lets keep it real dude, PS4 is in the drivers seat in all regions.
i don't own an xbone or ps4, nor do i have any interest in either atm

but whatever I'm done. i said one thing about hardware company and got jumped on by some defensive people

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Isn't this the NPD, not WW sales thread? The PS4 is winning, but not to the extent that the Wii (also supply constrained) was dominating. At least that is my recollection, without bothering to dig up the numbers

So no talk about sales outside NPD territory? Got ya.

see

i don't own an xbone or ps4, nor do i have any interest in either atm

but whatever I'm done. i said one thing about hardware company and got jumped on by some defensive people

Great...but what about the comment on "countless people on here" saying that PS4 was a lock in the US? Countless!!!

It's also a sales thread. You can't just say "la la la not listening only US numbers".

slapnuts

It is NPD thread but i was quoting someone that was "purposely" over looking other regions for what he was getting at. That is the only reason why I and 5 or 6 others brought up World Wide Sales

prag16

Banned
If a single week of DKC can spike WiiU hardware sales to 83k then MK8 is going to push WiiU hardware above 300 000 for June imo.

I'm a little hesitant to expect 300k in June.

How many days of MK8 sales will be included in May NPD? 2 days? Might be enough for the spike to be split between May and June, and even if it wasn't, I'm not sure 300k is really realistic. Hope I'm wrong though!

Melchiah

I doubt figgy meant all versions of titanfall. The xbox one version is going to outsell infamous.

In the US perhaps, but considering the global userbases of the platforms, I think Infamous might very well sell more globally. After all, Killzone sold over 2 million copies despite of all the negative reviews. No games, more sales. ;)

Well, when you consider that 18 months ago, North America was on lock for Microsoft and all they had to do was not shit the bed and then they proceeded to have diarrhea all over the bed, it's kind of a win really.
They took too many laxatives. Where else would the budget for the GPU have gone?

Faustek

The good news is that with BD in the top 10, we can finally crap on our UK brethren with confidence.

YALL GOT BAD TASTE SMOKEYDAVE

heh, I shouldn't laugh but I am :D

Good lord. If Sony can hit 7 million by Mar 31, Cerny and crew are going to do lines of coke off a hooker's ass.

There are a few good places in Germany and Sweet spots in Amsterdam(I've been told) You cover Amsterdam I Cover Germany and as soon as we find them we rendezvous at their place?

did sony use a pr piece for the ps2 to promote gta3?

I don't know, did they?

I sure as fuck bought a PS2.

EDIT: But I would put good money on them doing one if they had GTA 6 exclusive to the PS4. This is a business man, if it will sell consoles you promote it however you can.

The lead is under 100k in the u.s for Sony. Titanfall marketing is much higher,sony still isn't marketing their titles well. That is why i expect titanfall to sell more on xbox one. Also i never said xbox one will outsell ps4 this gen. I said i see xbox one selling more in the u.s this year.

? Under 100 k? total the lead is near 400 k. Also, infamous is getting huge marketing been on Tv already, also pre-orders WW seemed necj and neck between the two.

tfur

Hmm.
No 4 million mark PR yet. They would of said it if they had it.
Also, no 24 or 48 hour Titanfall sales PR yet,... even after the Titanfall commercial in the PR statements.

Riposte

In a world Wii U released Minecraft first (maybe with 360's reign of exclusivity) and pushed a bundle with it, do you think things would be different?

Very glad to see both consoles (and a JRPG) performing well, and that a lot of the doom and gloom internet predictions for XB1 aren't being reflected by reality.

Jomjom

Banned

May want to recheck your sources.

Sony sold approximately 140k more just in January, while they already had the lead and lead again this month.

Is the 130 000 DKC Tropical Freeze sales only for one week of sales ?, if so that's impressive !

How was the advertising for it, improved over other first party games like Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and 3D World ?.

WiiU hardware is much higher than people were predicting, who knew that software sells hardware Nintendo...

....you are delusional as hell
also, if we used MC/Famitsu-style tracking periods, DK would be over 2 weeks not 1

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I see some people saying wiiu did good

I don't follow sales threads much.

Did it actually do well? What should someone take away from its sales this month

Anything below 100K is still pretty bad, but considering the Wii U's sales up until this point, it's relatively good (aka sales are up at least).

I think not including non-holiday months (Nov & Dec of both years), it's the Wii U's 2nd best sales month by quite a bit (the 1st being the price cut month selling 90K Wii Us).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Lego Movie split is really interesting:

360 and PS3 as best selling SKUs, then
3DS, then
...Wii U (interesting), then...
...Xbox One, and only then PS4 (very interesting)

Considering how the order between next gen is reversed for other titles, could we start making hypotesis about One being bought by shooter fans and...some casuals?!?

hahahahahaha, oh you

Top Bottom