• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Melchiah

The Order is above 290k?

That's actually pretty damn good all things considered - single player only, new IP, light on content, one week only, got hammered in the reviews.

That's better than every single Forza debut month, and about on par with KZ2 which had a lot more hype at the time. And IIRC, Uncharted 1 sold less than 200k during its launch month.

This actually gives me some hope that Sony will continue to invest in a (hopefully) much improved sequel with more content and some online multiplayer.

The game is flawed in many ways but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. The engine alone is an impressive feat for a studio that only recently worked on handheld games.

Huh, good to hear, if that's true. It makes the sequel more likely to happen.

zeopower6

Lol at a port of Xenoblade making N3DS Nintendo's next gen handheld. I guess PSP Go should not be grouped with PSP since it can't play physical-only games.

You and everyone else knows that PSP Go probably sold like 10,000 lifetime >_>.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I cringe so hard over the salt about 3DS family counted together, it's not even amusing.

This is the way it has always been done.

It probably isn't. Nintendo officially released the combined sales numbers for MH4U, but NPD only tracks retail sales. Whatever percentage digital sales made up for MH4U's total needs to be taken out to give a more accurate assessment for how well The Order: 1886 would have done.

This makes absolutely no sense. I realize this is an NPD thread but why would removing digital give us a better sense of how The Order sold?

All it tells us is how it may have done per NPD. But the better gauge of total sales should include digital.

Including this and the other post you've pretty much included every single excuse imaginable.

Not sure what you mean by 'excuse' in this case because on paper 300k isn't bad even if you remove the context of The Orders release.

The Order is sold digitally too.

I understand, but we don't know what it sold digitally and we don't know how much Monster Hunter sold physically so you can't actually say it sold more than 290k. There isn't enough information. The 290k number is both digital and phsyical sales for Monster Hunter, who knows how many of those are digital.

Conduit

Banned
At least it charted, wasn't there a AAA game that came out last fall that didn't even chart at all?

Congrats to Nintendo, though I wish they just stick to handheld, watching the wii u suffer hurts my soul

Well, somebody mentioned Sunset Overdrive and Dragon Age : Inquistion

Happy to see Xenoverse being rewarded worldwide for actually being a quality DBZ game.

I can see It selling well for awhile as word of mouth will keep it going.

Where is the 400k number coming from for the PS4?

jackdoe

I'm really curious about how many of those New 3DS's were sold to existing 3DS owners. Because it looks like Nintendo's strategy of catering to the Nintendo diehards seems to be paying off (based on Amiibo sales) and data about who the New 3DS's were sold to would help to support this.

Again, NPD doesn't track digital sales.

I think the theory is that if The Order physical > MH4U physical, The Order digital sales are also likely higher than MH4U digital sales, assuming the digital to physical sales ratio on PS4 is the same as 3DS.

It's probably safe to assume The Order is around that MH4U number

This makes absolutely no sense. I realize this is an NPD thread but why would removing digital give us a better sense of how The Order sold?

All it tells us is how it may have done per NPD. But the better gauge of total sales should include digital.

NPD doesn't count digital, the 290k number is only there in the OP because Nintendo provided it, NPD does not have Monster Hunter itself at 290k it has a different number that is not known.

I don't know why some are acting like the Order flopped lol. Those sales aren't bad....that being said they aren't particularly good either.

We don't know the actual numbers yet, but if last month people would have said the Order would be 9th in a slow month like February, I'm of the opinion most people would have thought of that as a disappointment

Ridley327

For starters, it means that there's a good chance that it didn't sell 300k at retail, so you can't use MH4U's combined sales as the baseline for how it did according to NPD.

udivision

You're assuming Sony will release a PS4 revision with an internal spec boost, separate branding and exclusive games. That's something they've never done before, but it's exactly what Nintendo does.

That said, I don't think it's "wrong" for Nintendo to group them all together. New 3DS has 0 exclusive games available right now and is still part of the 3DS ecosystem.

Didn't they change the branding for the PS3 (Playstation 3 => PS3), and remove BC? Technically that would make the older PS3s have "exclusive" games... heh.

Krakn3Dfx

The Order was #4 in February digitally on the PSN store as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it cleared 500K in the US between retail and digital. WW I could see it doing a million in the first month.

Are really going there Psycho?...

Nintendo have the number 1 position in the software chart...

Anywho, please mod edit the title to the following for Psycho: Nintendo achieves double-kill (HW & SW SKU)

Going where? NPD titles have always been specific. Not sure whats so hard in #1 SW SKU. In fact looking at previous NPD threads, this title is very out of place. Usually, top hardware is listed and software sales of notable games. Look at it yourself. In fact I'm sure you know since you are an avid Sales Gaffer.

something like:

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Up1: MM/MH4U, #1 3DS Family ]

Alebrije

Microsoft PR must be the most positive people in the world.

Nice to see Nintendo on the top , I really hope Wiiu Zelda comes this year also I wish I could play MM on Wiiu.

Sony = nothing stops this train. Bloodborne will move consoles next month

thefro

Pretty good numbers all around for Nintendo this month. Great start for Majora & the New 3DS

Monster Hunter 4U getting the Top 10 is crazy... I would guess on the individual format chart it's quite a bit higher than that. Capcom has to be pretty thrilled.

I'm surprised Wii U got that close to 100k in sales with nothing but Kirby coming out.

AmyS

Give me Twilight Princess HD on Wii U for Fall 2015 since there certainly FEELS like such a high chance that the new LoZ for Wii U is gonna get DELAYED well into next year.

Derpyduck

Banned
I think the theory is that if The Order physical > MH4U physical, The Order digital sales are also likely higher than MH4U digital sales, assuming the digital to physical sales ratio on PS4 is the same as 3DS.

It's probably safe to assume The Order is around that MH4U number

Why would we assume a game that was known to be incredibly short and have no replay value would have similar digital sales to a game that's incredibly long with a ton of replay value?

Exile20

Mp94WTl.jpg

That is just cruel. HAHHAHA

Frillen

The Order was #4 in February digitally on the PSN store as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it cleared 500K in the US between retail and digital. WW I could see it doing a million in the first month.

That would most likely mean over 50% sold digitally. No way in hell.

phanphare

Banned
Not if its more powerful and includes games that can't be played on the previous sku.

I don't know what to tell you man. the New 3DS is a 3DS revision. it's going to get lumped with 3DS sales because it is a 3DS. I really don't see how that's puzzling. seems pretty simple to me..

mikey1123

Counting all the Nintendo's handheld models, is like android combining all the phones that use their OS when comparing sells to Apple. GTFO!

Top Bottom