• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2017

Floody

Is the 2017 best sellers also based on revenue or is that units sold? Wanna know if I should expect Crash to start climbing that chart.

ch4fx_

Why is Crash so high on the list? No ones gonna buy a 20+ year old remaster based off nastalgia alone. Something's off.

I think a Banjo collection like the Crash one would do well. Especially if MS were really crazy and put it on the Switch too. Outside of that I think another fresh new I.P to go with Sea of Thieves (something that MS don't really offer) would be their best route to take, leave shooters to Halo, Gears and 3rd party.
After Rare Replay I don't see a Banjo remaster collection happening.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So, PS4, best April and June since it launched..

PS4 is a beast?

rudger

Okay, but how many of those Mario Maker sales were immediately sold back to Game stop?

I was one of them

Nintendo Switch
  1. Arms*
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe*
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  4. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers*
  5. 1-2 Switch*
  6. Disgaea 5 Complete*
  7. Cars 3: Driven to Win*
  8. Cave Story +*
  9. Lego City: Undercover*
  10. Just Dance 2017*

The lack of Binding of Isaac on this list depresses me.

Voke

Banned
Does Rockstar even need to make GTAVI at this point? We probably won't see it until the very end of this generation so they can port the PC and next gen console versions a year later. And then watch the millions roll just as they did for GTAV. Also awesome seeing Tekken on top, its all I've been playing since it launched.

Floody

Its based on revenue so even with great sales its going to hard for Crash to climb the charts.

Thanks!

After Rare Replay I don't see a Banjo remaster collection happening.

Yeah, not getting my hopes up for it. But I do think it'd be a great way to test the waters for a possible Banjo Threeie and would do really well, especially if they could somehow get a collection out before Mario Odyssey and piggyback of it's hype, but there's absolutely no way that'd happen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Does Rockstar even need to make GTAVI at this point? We probably won't see it until the very end of this generation so they can port the PC and next gen console versions a year later. And then watch the millions roll just as they did for GTAV. Also awesome seeing Tekken on top, its all I've been playing since it launched.

Does Rockstar want to sell another hundred million copies? Tough question.

Finaj

Glad FH3 continues to do well, but MS is in a weird spot right now.

Their established franchises still sell well, but not as much as they used to. Every try at a new IP (with the exception of Ori) has pretty much failed. They've canceled a number of titles and don't seem to want to open or acquire new studios.

Maybe they'll try to pick up the pace when the Xbox One X launches, but I really don't know what they're trying to accomplish right now.

tebunker

Banned
I really hope Nintendo can produce more quickly. They gotta keep the momentum going.

well they are having a huge restock this weekend. ads in a lot of major retailers stating they have systems nationwide so odds are they were stockpiling while selling just enough to stay relevant and there is probably a huge push coming from larger mfg orders that were placed ~12-16 weeks ago.

Alright Bamco, time for Soul Calibur 6!!!

28939426531_08ba8f1915_o.jpg

Arms did work boi!!! Zelda striding out here with Mario Kart. And congrats to Crash for getting in high. Tekken 7 putting in work as well. Great month.

Recreat3

3 of the top 5 games are fighting. Ha! Glad to see nintendo is hitting the right notes with their switch games. Keep that steady flow of exclusives ninty!

jrDev

Looking at Injustice 2, ARMS and Tekken selling, and poor SFV sitting in the corner making pennies, you know Capcom fucked up Jesus Christ!!!

JusDoIt

Looking at Injustice 2, ARMS and Tekken selling, and poor SFV sitting in the corner making pennies, you know Capcom fucked up Jesus Christ!!!

SFV only sold 1.6 million copies, but I'm certain it's making money off DLC. It's priced high and whales keep whaling. Plus with whatever money it's getting from the TV deals, it's definitely in the black.

Shambala

Why are ppl saying $249 as if it takes away from the fact that it sold so well. Wasn't the Xbox also discounted?

Hugstable

Banned
Awesome to see Arms doing well, just got the game last night and am having alot of fun doing the Grand Prix modes.

Edit: oh wow just realized how well Crash sold too. Great to see, when i played it at my bro's house I was blown away in both how good it looked while staying true to the original games. Gotta pick it up myself sometime, still have a soft spot for crash 1

Why are ppl saying $249 as if it takes away from the fact that it sold so well. Wasn't the Xbox also discounted?
I think it is more to provide reasoning for the PS4 numbers. This is the best the PS4 has ever done in June and this is its 4th year on the market. Numbers are usually low during this period.

But yes, Xbox was on sale E3 week as well.

Why is Crash so high on the list? No ones gonna buy a 20+ year old remaster based off nastalgia alone. Something's off.

Because of the Covfefe Conspiracy!!

Jokes aside, congrats to Crash! CTF Remake to PS4 inevitable..

My question is though...what comes next. The PS1 Crash games were beloved because of Naughty Dog. All the non-ND Crash games are just average. Who can take over development of a totally new Crash game?

I don't even understand the logic here. "PS4 has no cross-play so I'm going to... Get an Xbox One where I still can't cross-play with PS4 because Sony won't allow it."

Even if the topic had resonated outside of NeoGAF (it didn't) I'm not really sure what impact people expected it to have.
I don't expect lack of cross play to have much impact outside of GAF.

Forkball

Crash beat Zelda, Mario Kart, and ARMS.

If Nintendo can't handle Crash I don't know what they're going to do when Knack hits.

Hyun Sai

SFV only sold 1.6 million copies, but I'm certain it's making money off DLC. It's priced high and whales keep whaling. Plus with whatever money it's getting from the TV deals, it's definitely in the black.

Yeah, Capcom is definitely counting on the DLC and esports exposure. Game will be supported anyway, so sale numbers are really not important right now, as long as it's the dominant fighter in the competitive scene.

I don't expect lack of cross play to have much impact outside of GAF.
I doubt it has any impact on a very large chunk of Gaf either regarding their console of choice.

I think HW sales peaked in 2015. Will be happy if I'm wrong.
Yeah, the 3m holiday may be hard to match for PS4, leading to a stumble at the finish line. But if Destiny 2 can pump sales on release, there may be a chance. It's a good plan for the bundle to be a white Pro this time: even the players already on board for the first game may not have a Pro, plus a new color will grab some collectors.

Yeah, the 3m holiday may be hard to match for PS4, leading to a stumble at the finish line. But if Destiny 2 can pump sales on release, there may be a chance. It's a good plan for the bundle to be a white Pro this time: even the players already on board for the first game may not have a Pro, plus a new color will grab some collectors.

Yep the question how much they can get extra in the rest of the year to cover Nov and Dec since they most likely going fall short there.

Top Bottom