• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2017

Didn't work out that well last time they tried

What are we talking about here? Perfect Dark Zero or Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts? Not quite the best examples considering they weren't very good, or at the very least, what most people wanted out of those series.

I feel like a traditional Banjo game that was actually good could probably do alright.

That's the reason why I wouldn't think it would be on here because it has been on sale so much. I'm just surprised that it's so THIS well especially with the way people talk about the game on GAF.
That's the worst bar you could possibly set. Look at Ubisoft continuing to Win as another fact

Keinning

What are we talking about here? Perfect Dark Zero or Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts? Not quite the best examples considering they weren't very good, or at the very least, what most people wanted out of those series.

And what makes you believe microsoft can give what most people wanted from those series? And even if they did (which i doubt), that the games would be successful enough to matter? Just look at the lukewarm reception Yooka Laylee had (specially on xbox)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Crash had 2 days and sold at a lower price on a chart based on revenue.

e25.gif

Safe to say that the remaster has done N. Sanely well. I wonder where it would be if it had a whole month.

”Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is the first Crash Bandicoot franchise game to debut in the top 5 since Crash Bandicoot: Warped, which launched on the Sony PlayStation in November 1998."

Should Microsoft revive their dormant franchises like Perfect Dark, Banjo etc. Isn't it the perfect time?
I don't think MS has much of a nostalgia factor but if they do give it a shot, quality needs to take precedence. Don't just throw the name out there with a mediocre game.

X1 was $50 off all bundles as well.
This is true. It lasted for the week of E3. May have helped Xbox from really cratering.

I feel like a traditional Banjo game that was actually good could probably do alright.

A traditional banjo game would probably do alright on any system other than x bone

Cess007

Very safe.

Glad this doing so well for GG.

I wonder what will happen with Killzone now.
While good, the games never reached their full potential and I think Horizon is now Guerrilla best-selling game, no? Will they return to Killzone? Let someone else handle it? or just shelve the IP?

I didn't buy the PS4 version because it was a mess technically. The PS4 is the largest market for games; I don't think you can put out a game on PS4 that's a technical mess and expect to see great sales.

Honestly, I'm actually pleased that it sold poorly, because it sends a good message to other publishers.
The game sold poorly on everything so all that means is people don't want these sim games.

JusDoIt

While good, the games never reached their full potential and I think Horizon is now Guerrilla best-selling game? Will they return to Killzone? Let someone else handle it? or just shelve the IP?

They should give Killzone to Guerrilla Camb...nevermind.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Two fighters at the top of the June NPD is nuts. Makes MvC:I have some big shoes to fill.

I think Dragon Ball Fighter Z could be gigantic considering all the factors with that game from nostalgia from long time fans, DB Super drawing people back into the franchise and getting new folks into the series and of course the fact the game looks great from a well loved developer. It could do some monster numbers.

Galang

Banned
Crash did amazingly well! Very happy!!! And hope we get CTR next!

Also Arms sales is not just pretty good or not too shabby, it's really good for a new IP. Especially considering the genre. Shouldn't be downplayed

While good, the games never reached their full potential and I think Horizon is now Guerrilla best-selling game? Will they return to Killzone? Let someone else handle it? or just shelve the IP?

Killzone will probably be shelved. Market is extremely saturated with shooters, already, and Sony got marketing partnership with all the major ones. They just don't need a 1st party shooter.

Biochet

how is it possible that GTA is still charting? what's even weirder is that this is only the us charts.

how much more money could this game make at this point

With this result:

Arms* - 256,000 physically plus digitally

It's possible to calculate Crash's minimum units sold?

The NPD positioning is revenue based and doesn't include digital sales, so I don't think much can be done with the numbers (unless we have the physical/digital split?)

Anyway, great month. Love seeing fighting games succeed, and Crash.

A heart breaking lack of Wipeout, but hardly a surprise.

Safe to say Horizon is a runaway success? It has charted everytime in the top 10 of NPD since it launched in February!

Guerrilla went from making games that did not review greatly on a consistent level (Killzone 2 is the best shooter I've ever played though) and they also did not sell a huge amount. They completely knocked it out the park with Horizon, it's not an apples to apples comparison but having just finished the piece of shit on a disc that is FF15, GG did so well for their first RPG effort. For one, it didn't feel stitched together.

Horizon is such a good base for GG to build on. A horde mode, really flushed out in Horizon 2 will be so fucking fun!

how is it possible that GTA is still charting? what's even weirder is that this is only the us charts.

how much more money could this game make at this point

It has probably made Take 2 more money than 5 Marvel movies put together.
What a shit comparison :p

Top Bottom