• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Sean*O

Fellow gaffers,
This is what is happening with regards to MS saying XBO was the fastest selling console in november: If you average 900k across 9 days (from the 22th of nov until the end of nov), you'll get an average of 100k per day, right? In comparison, averaging the amount of PS4 sold in november (lets say it was 1.2 M) requires more days because it was released earlier. So from the 15th of november until the end = 15 days. 1,200,000 / 15 = 800k.
Hope it helps ;)

Do we even know the number of PS4 sold yet?

But in December:

iOnCdaR6XUhjZ.gif
I don't know how people are making predictions either way with December not even half over.

B.O.O.M

Why would anyone celebrate for Knack?

Well I would find it funny just because the amount of anger some were going through in that UK sales thread just a while back

But as to why anyone would like to see if Knack did well or not..some actually enjoy the game it seems and I'm not about to get on a special high horse to tell them otherwise

I'm more surprised about how many consoles/handhelds were sold all together last month. That's over 3mill+ sold! I think all 3 companies are dancing right now, regardless of who's beating who.

antonz

With the explosion of new console sales the fact hardware sales are only up 7% is not a good number and the fact software sales are down over 20% is even worse.

Gotta say, for a console that:

1) Was apparently $100 too expensive

2) Has yield issues that will affect hardware production

3) Has a camera no one wants

4) A broken OS

The One seems to have sold pretty well.

Were there really that many people besides the people who claimed consoles were all dead that thought the One would do badly during launch?

Eek those are terrible 3DS numbers. Last year had no good BF deals and it managed 540k. This year should have been at least double that. Then again there is significantly more competition with the new next gen consoles and just more platforms in general.

Shame no exclusives made the software top 10.

Ishida

Banned
Something something about Mario being old and inferior to the bastion of creativity that is Knack.

No need to be so salty. NO ONE has said that Knack is superior to Mario. But it's hilarious that such a "mediocre" game like Knack sold more than the biggest icon in gaming.

Hmm, just noticed the "best November hardware ever" bit.

I have November 2008 at around 5.45M (if others have other numbers please add or correct).

So far we have XB1, 3DS and 360 at a combined 2.32M.

So the remaining hardware has to make up at least 3.1M or so?

Maybe the Wii U did okay?

uh
3.1 million for what
maybe 2DS really isn't included

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

I have November 2008 at around 5.45M (if others have other numbers please add or correct).

...Wouldn't that mean 2DS isn't counted, then?

Slayerx

Maybe in terms of revenue, not units sold.

Jomjom

Banned
Well, if you average 900k across 9 days (from the 22th of nov until the end of nov), you'll get an average of 100k per day, right? In comparison, averaging the amount of PS4 sold in november (lets say it was 1.2 M) requires more days because it was released earlier. So from the 15th of november until the end = 15 days. 1,200,000 / 15 = 800k. So its just Microsoft playing arrogant :)

MS's statement is factually incorrect then. To do a valid comparison you would have to also take a 9 day period for the PS4. Even if we assume that the PS4 sold 0 units for the 8 days after launch, they could still say they sold 1 million in those 9 days, which means they still sold "faster" than the Xbox One based on MS's metric of "average sales per day".

If we aren't going to compare with the same period of time, then Sony could also just use their launch day and state, "Over the 1 day period, we sold an average of 1 million units!"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Maybe the Wii U did okay? (Okay as in 300K and not terribad 150K)

I think the DS and Wii might have done decently, since they weren't bad last year.

I don't even know how it's feasible that the 3DS could only have done ~750k. That has to be excluding the 3DS, otherwise that is a HORRIBLE number.

Busaiku

THERE'S HOPE
2DS PLEASE

Oh wait no, no PS4.
RIP 3DS.

NateDrake

Wii U will likely be closer to 300k than the 150k figure.

javac

VGX came too damn late. People couldn't react to the swift news of Cranky Kong. It's consequences will be felt for decades to come next week in magazines.

Draconian

It's more a celebration for Mario getting beat by something everyone thinks is mediocre (at best) while ignoring that Mario itself is stale and generic.

Or more a celebration by an ignorant Gaffer who hasn't even played the game he's complaining about, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Let's say:

PS4 ~ 1.000.000
PS3 ~ 500.000

That leaves ~1.650.000 units for Vita, Wii U, Wii, NDS

(Unless 3DS is higher)

Mory Dunz

yeah, how is it the best November?
(Unless...2DS wasn't uncluded...heh)

noobasuar

Banned
It's more a celebration for Mario getting beat by something everyone thinks is mediocre (at best) while ignoring that Mario itself is stale and generic.

Sounds like a person that's never played 3D world. For the record I didn't think 3D land was all that great and would rank at the bottom for 3D mario's for me.

Gotta say, for a console that:

1) Was apparently $100 too expensive

2) Has yield issues that will affect hardware production

3) Has a camera no one wants

4) Has a broken OS

The One seems to have sold pretty well.

Coming off of the back of the 360 in US, it's not really surprising.

Top Bottom