• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

If ps4 sold 1 million in a day and Xbone sold 900k for the month, how is Xbone the fastest selling console? Also I would love some killzone numbers.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Can someone ask if 2DS is included in the 3DS numbers from GameIndustry? Just for being certain.

imt558

Banned
How is X1 the fastest selling if it only took 24hours for PS4 to break over 1million, where X1 took 9 days was it? what am I missing, or what angle am I not looking at this from. Seriously.

Yep! Really weird statement from Major Nelson

It's an "okay" number for 3DS.

But really it should be selling more with Pokemon and the release of a really cheap SKU.

I think there's less and less doubt that smartphones have eaten away that pie.
Can someone ask if 2DS is included in the 3DS numbers from GameIndustry? Just for being certain.
The dream will never die! :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That 3DS number is extremely disappointing, it couldn't even have its best November.

November 2011 - 795k
November 2012 - 540k
November 2013 - 760k

If that's the number, it's basically on par with what sold in 2011. I expected more than that.

Yeah, I'm going to reaffirm my view that they should aim for a Fall 2015 release of a new handheld designed entirely around the modern era.

They don't want to let this system sit and slide for more than two years given the line-up they've already released and the price points they've already hit.

Ethelwulf

How in the whole world the Xbone is the fastest selling console in November if Sony sold 1 mil. PS4 IN ONE DAY IN NOVEMBER?????

Well, if you average 900k across 9 days (from the 22th of nov until the end of nov), you'll get an average of 100k per day, right? In comparison, averaging the amount of PS4 sold in november (lets say it was 1.2 M) requires more days because it was released earlier. So from the 15th of november until the end = 15 days. 1,200,000 / 15 = 800k. So its just Microsoft playing arrogant :)

npd2.png

The 3DS did pretty decent all things considered and holiday 2011 was pretty hype for it so beating that would probably be insanely difficult to pull off.

I'm curious to see how the Vita sold.

All things considered like?

Yeah, I'm going to reaffirm my view that they should aim for a Fall 2015 release of a new handheld designed entirely around the modern era.

They don't want to let this system sit and slide for more than two years given the line-up they've already released and the price points they've already hit.

It's also been down a good bit of the year so it was sliding until Pokemon came out and also Animal Crossing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Software sales being down in spite of new hardware is really sad.

If what MS said is true about the Xbox One being the fastest selling system, does that mean it would have outsold the PS4 had it released on the same day?

I'm guessing the bulk of both system's sales for the month came from their launch day, so it's unclear... However, your conclusion follows the logic that the message is meant to convey.

nintendo is just preparing to reveal that iwata's plan totally worked and they sold 3000k wii u across america thanks to their longtime partners at gamecube hut, a national chain that grew from humble roots

Tapiozona

Banned
How is X1 the fastest selling Console (PS4 being the Top Selling) if it only took 24hours for PS4 to break over 1million, where X1 took 9 days was it? what am I missing, or what angle am I not looking at this from. Seriously.

Missing a little math.

divide by the number of days they were both available in November. Obviously both consoles sold heavy on the front end (day 1) and then supply constraints limited sales after that.

ascii42

How is X1 the fastest selling Console (PS4 being the Top Selling) if it only took 24hours for PS4 to break over 1million, where X1 took 9 days was it? what am I missing, or what angle am I not looking at this from. Seriously.

Xbox One Sales/Number of days it was on sale in november > PS4 Sales / Number of days it was on sale in november

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm guessing the bulk of both system's sales for the month came from their launch day, so it's unclear... However, your conclusion follows the logic that the message is meant to convey.

In other words, I fell in his spin trap.

Great...

lefantome

That 3DS number is extremely disappointing, it couldn't even have its best November.

November 2011 - 795k
November 2012 - 540k
November 2013 - 760k

I don't get it: isn't the +15% year to date? wasn't it selling less than the previous year during the previous months?

Derrick01

Banned
Celebrate a bad game performing better than a good game?

Derrick, ladies and gents.

People told me 3D Land was great too. It's the most generic, easiest and safe game I've played in quite some time. The time of Mario needs to come to an end.

Jamix012

How is X1 the fastest selling if it only took 24hours for PS4 to break over 1million, where X1 took 9 days was it? what am I missing, or what angle am I not looking at this from. Seriously.

Since you asked so nicely they mean in terms of sold units per day it was the fastest.

lyrick

So we're buying the same dollar amount of software as we did back before 2007(before the industry grew).

For shame.

Top Bottom