• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2016

Ashtar

Saw it was live in the pokemon thread but thought it deserved its own thread
Code:
1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
2. Battlefield 1
3. Pokémon Sun*
4. Pokémon Moon*
5. Titanfall 2
6. NBA 2K17
7. Madden NFL 17
8. Watch Dogs 2
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*
10. FIFA 17
Crazy Titanfall moved up
Also Watch dogs 2 did terrible
more at the link
http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/15/n...moon-have-biggest-debut-in-franchise-history/

“Software spending in November 2016 declined by 19 percent compared to this time last year,” said Naji. “The decline can be fully attributed to the top 3 selling games which, combined, sold 43 percent less than the top 3 games from last November. Combined spending across all other titles grew 12 percent in November compared with a year ago.”

Finally, Titanfall 2 had a strong second month. It got strong reviews when it debuted late in October, and it went on to finish No. 5 on the November top 10. That’s after landing at No. 9 on the October chart. This suggests that this shooter may have legs thanks to its excellent word-of-mouth and publisher Electronic Arts stepping in to quickly discount it down to as little as $30.

Edit 2: Pokemon sold more combined than COD: IW
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare also launched in November, and it would top the list if you don’t combine Pokémon Sun and Moon into one game.

Put me in pokeball if old

I'll never understand why Nintendo and NPD considers each Pokemon SKU a separate title, but combined Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U into a single product.

Edit - WHAT just noticed Titanfall 2 is #5. That's awesome.

I would buy & play theshit out of Titanfall 2 if I only had the time.

Starting to think I may have to give up on gaming and that's both depressing but in a way liberating.

I'll never understand why Nintendo and NPD considers each Pokemon SKU a separate title, but combined Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U into a single product.

Edit - WHAT just noticed Titanfall 2 is #5. That's awesome.

Because they are seperate titles lol. Smash Bros. is the same game for different platforms. Same reasoning why COD for different platforms are grouped together.

Nice to see Titanfall 2 back up there, I'm sure the good word of mouth helped it. While the campaign was great but not as good as Doom's for me, and the multiplayer was great but not as addictive as Overwatch, as a combined package I would put Titanfall 2 at the top of the shooter list this year. They deserve the sales.

Bebpo

Banned
Welp, Ubisoft finally makes a great open world game again (best since AC:B) that's positive and socially progressive and it completely bombs. This why we can't have nice things and all that.

Because they are seperate titles lol. Smash Bros. is the same game for different platforms. Same reasoning why COD for different platforms are grouped together.

Pokemon titles from the same gen are far more similar than Smash 3DS and Wii U. To argue otherwise is honestly silly.

But... Smash is no less different than Pokemon variants. There's a whole different slew of maps between the 3DS and Wii U versions, as well as the different art style.

And entirely different modes.

Anno

I'm glad TF2 bounced back, but those numbers seem kinda bad across the board. I'm also hoping that Bethesda rethinks their marketing, because Dishonored deserved far more than what it got. People should buy that game.

Arttemis

But... Smash is no less different than Pokemon variants. There's a whole different slew of maps between the 3DS and Wii U versions, as well as the different art style.

Quite Amazing (dissapointing in GAF Eyes) that COD comes out on top year after year. The success never seem to stop. How far ahead of BF is it really?

(guess the Youtube trailer drama dident mean anything at all. Good to remember for future speculation)

Kusagari

Welp, Ubisoft finally makes a great open world game again (best since AC:B) that's positive and socially progressive and it completely bombs. This why we can't have nice things and all that.

WD2 bombed because WD1 was universally hated.

AHA-Lambda

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare also launched in November, and it would top the list if you don’t combine Pokémon Sun and Moon into one game.

CoD got beat by Pokemon?

Can't tell if CoD did poorly or Pokemon did well =/

lol, the only difference between pokemons is some monsters. Smash Bros had entirely different game modes, stages, trophies, etc

Top Bottom